Changing your game...

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just recently I have changed several little things in my game, things that as of right now I have to think about to do it. Over the years one gets into habits that may not be so beneficial to their game and one day you realize how many different ways you have done the same thing, grip, stance, PSR aiming...the list can go on forever as a pool player. But by slowing down my PSR, and keeping my little finger on the cue I feel like I am playing lights out...How many times have you found yourself going 'oh yeah I have did it this way before?' Hopefully it isn't a placebo...

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The Time Machine

You've hit on a big realization. It takes your eyes time to adjust after all are you making a contact point or a 2 1/4 in ball in the hole? You cant readily see the depth of the ball so unless you take your time you never really see the shot for what it is.

Just recently I have changed several little things in my game, things that as of right now I have to think about to do it. Over the years one gets into habits that may not be so beneficial to their game and one day you realize how many different ways you have done the same thing, grip, stance, PSR aiming...the list can go on forever as a pool player. But by slowing down my PSR, and keeping my little finger on the cue I feel like I am playing lights out...How many times have you found yourself going 'oh yeah I have did it this way before?' Hopefully it isn't a placebo...

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member

You are becoming in tune with the little intricacies that pay HUGE benefits. By slowing down and paying close attention to the details of your PSR your brain has time to process everything and see the SHOT. Slowing down also allow for a smoother stroke delivery which mean better accuracy which means better results. As long as you continue to have the discipline to pay attention to the finer details of your PSR this will become your new PSR and not a placebo. Remember do your PSR the same every time. SPEED KILLS Don't be in a hurry to lose.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you figure it out please let me know. I figure something out and then after a month or two I plateau and have to work through it again. On the bright side every time I do plateau and work through it I come out the other side a better player. I really don't think there is a silver bullet except lack of negative thoughts.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
When you figure it out please let me know. I figure something out and then after a month or two I plateau and have to work through it again. On the bright side every time I do plateau and work through it I come out the other side a better player. I really don't think there is a silver bullet except lack of negative thoughts.

Sounds like you are opening a lot of doors and finding gold nuggets of pool. The more time you spend on the table playing and paying attention to the little things you are doing you will continue to build your game. Having a great stroke delivery will really enhance your game at a fast rate. A positive attitude is key!