Whats the difference between RED, BLACK and BLUE label Diamond tables?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been looking for a used diamond table for some time and I have seen several RED LABELS and one BLACK LABEL.

It seems the RED and BLACK labels are almost always cheaper than the BLUE label.

Will someone please tell me why the big price difference as I have not had a chance to play on a BLACK or RED label but have played a ton on BLUE labels.

Thanks.......

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been looking for a used diamond table for some time and I have seen several RED LABELS and one BLACK LABEL.

It seems the RED and BLACK labels are almost always cheaper than the BLUE label.

Will someone please tell me why the big price difference as I have not had a chance to play on a BLACK or RED label but have played a ton on BLUE labels.

Thanks.......

I am no expert maybe one will chime in but I did ask that same question before. I was told that the older red label tables while many if not all of them have dymondwood had an issue with leaving black marks on the balls as well. I was told they only really sold red and blue labels but if you asked them to they would put a Black label on it at no extra charge. the Black label itself was a vanity thing. The Blue label tables are the ones currently being offered by diamond and have since corrected the issue with the marks on the balls from the pockets. I am not sure if they are yet shipping dymondwood tables again. I got a blue label myself it is real wood (rosewood finish) so the colors are not even close to the colors of what is seen on the diamond site.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the red and blue label banks differently. Red is the old, Blue is new. Blue is the preferred version.

Last edited:

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imho, All the Diamonds Bank like crap. Bring back the Brunswick tables. Seems like everybody is drooling over the Diamonds, but i really think that the oldies are the best tables.

Give me a Brunswick or Murray table any day. With Green felt if possible.

There is my rant. Please continue.. ;);):thumbup::thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imho, All the Diamonds Bank like crap. Bring back the Brunswick tables. Seems like everybody is drooling over the Diamonds, but i really think that the oldies are the best tables.

Well, Brunswicks rail profile/geometry was the gold standard for approximately 120 years before Diamond came along and decided that they would completely change the rails and somehow or another make them 'right'. :scratchhead:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Red label Diamonds are generally the older ones, they have a different sub-rail angle causing them to bank short and cause the rails to play real "springy".

Blue label Diamonds are the current tables coming from Diamond, they have the updated sub-rail angles making them bank longer and the rails do not play real "springy" like the red label Diamonds.

Red label tables can be converted to blue label by replacing the top of the table. As far as Dymondwood I understand that the factory burned down a little while back so there are not many if any at all Dymondwood tables being made, it has nothing to do with red and blue label differences.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I don't think the is much banking difference between a GC4 and a blue label Diamond. The red labels need to be converted or used for fire wood

haha
Ill take my red label with Dymondwood rails other a newer blue label any day. Mine banks no differently than the blue labels at the pool hall. I also enjoy these red label bashing threads. Maybe people just spew stuff they have "heard and seen" on forums and such. I could have bought either and in a side by side comparison, I bought the older one.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha
Ill take my red label with Dymondwood rails other a newer blue label any day. Mine banks no differently than the blue labels at the pool hall. I also enjoy these red label bashing threads. Maybe people just spew stuff they have "heard and seen" on forums and such. I could have bought either and in a side by side comparison, I bought the older one.

+1

I play primarily on bar boxes these days.

I have a red label at home and it is the best. The diamondwood rails are bullet (kid) proof. :smile:

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm skeptical of the negative feedback on the Red Label. I own a Blue label which I play on every day. I have hit balls on a friend's red label and can't tell much difference at all. MAYBE if they were side by side I could pin point something but certainly not noticeable enough for me to tell. That's just me however.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
haha

Why did they change the cushion angle for the Blue label then ?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I'm skeptical of the negative feedback on the Red Label. I own a Blue label which I play on every day. I have hit balls on a friend's red label and can't tell much difference at all. MAYBE if they were side by side I could pin point something but certainly not noticeable enough for me to tell. That's just me however.

I am certainly not a pro level player, not even close, yet I can tell a difference banking on Blues and Reds and also the speed of the table. I have yet to see a Blue Label bar box effortlessly go 6 3/4 table lengths with the Q ball like the Red Labels.:eek::eek::eek:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha

It isn't just blind regurgitation. The snake has shared the technical changes between the two labels.

Diamond has always strived to make the best players table possible and if it deems a change is necessary, imma gonna stay out of the way.

Gold crown, in my house.

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am certainly not a pro level player, not even close, yet I can tell a difference banking on Blues and Reds and also the speed of the table. I have yet to see a Blue Label bar box effortlessly go 6 3/4 table lengths with the Q ball like the Red Labels.:eek::eek::eek:

The first time I ever played on a Diamond Bar box was at the Dakota Cue Club and that was my first impression as well. It almost felt unplayable. It's been so long and after shooting on my Blue label for a while I figured I may have just gotten use to them because when I shot on his red I didn't notice the trampoline effect. Must be other factors at play.