How do you guys clean your Diamond Billiards light?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the title says, how do you guys that own diamond brand lights keep the clean and smudge free?

It is a 9 ft light if that matters.

Thanks

Edit: I'm talking about the chrome-like plastic.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait, you're supposed to clean them?:eek::scratchhead::rotflmao1:

haha.....:confused:

I took the grate or what ever you call it out and sprayed it off with warm water using a hand-held shower head in the tub and then put them in front of a big shop fan to dry them.

I did take a clean micro towel and one finger and wipe one square of the grate but it left streak-like marks in that particular square.

After paying several thousand dollars for a table and light I want it to look and perform the best as possible.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my Diamond Pro-Am and light from a local room. The light bulbs and lenses reeked from smoke residue. I was able to clean the lights but everything I tried failed to restore the lenses. I ended up contacting Diamond and they sold me a new set of lenses (if I recall it was about $80). They really don't get dirty based on their position, but I still occasionally blow them off using my pancake air compressor as a source for air. I would think a can of compressed air (generally used for keyboard cleaning) would also suffice.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my Diamond Pro-Am and light from a local room. The light bulbs and lenses reeked from smoke residue. I was able to clean the lights but everything I tried failed to restore the lenses. I ended up contacting Diamond and they sold me a new set of lenses (if I recall it was about $80). They really don't get dirty based on their position, but I still occasionally blow them off using my pancake air compressor as a source for air. I would think a can of compressed air (generally used for keyboard cleaning) would also suffice.

I thought about the air. Tried it but the smudge marks are still there. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy some new lenses even though these are only a few months old.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one for 10 years, don't think I cleaned it once.

The light I bought from Diamond came with a several smudge marks when delivered new for whatever reason. Then again, there have been problems with the table as well but, diamond has been good about making things right thus far.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
had mine about 10 years... never cleaned the inside silver parts... just vacuum the outside...

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mirror grid thingy, had fingerprints and smudges (because I wasn't smart enough to wear thin latex gloves after installing the bulbs! But some patience and windex I managed to clean the smudges, but honestly now if it gets dirty it's staying dirty until a bulb burns out.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is smudged the diffuser?

ever picked up something real shiny and pretty and then realize everywhere you touched there is now smear mark? Well, that is a smudge.

The diffuser has smudge marks everywhere the thing was touched. I feel like I'm explaining this to my wife again....lol.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mirror grid thingy, had fingerprints and smudges (because I wasn't smart enough to wear thin latex gloves after installing the bulbs! But some patience and windex I managed to clean the smudges, but honestly now if it gets dirty it's staying dirty until a bulb burns out.

Mine came the way you describe. It had a ton of dust and several smudge marks on it but I didnt say anything cause I didnt think it would take much to get them off....lol...wrong.

It's a ***** to clean and my wife is the one that does not like the looks of the smudge marks cause the table is in part of our living room.