80 ball run in 20.1

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
I ran 57 in 14.1, went to dinner and when I came back I tried some 20.1. Ran 26 first attempt, 21 second attempt, I was pretty mentally drained by now but I decided to try one more inning and ended up missing a steep angle breakshot after running 80.

Pros: Helps you stay focused throughout the rack due to so much congestion.

Cons: Very difficult breaking the balls. Takes a long time to rack. lol.

I posted the 80.

http://vimeo.com/10648174

or

http://azbtv.magnify.net/video/Bill-Maropulos-80-ball-run-in-2

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I ran 57 in 14.1, went to dinner and when I came back I tried some 20.1. Ran 26 first attempt, 21 second attempt, I was pretty mentally drained by now but I decided to try one more inning and ended up missing a steep angle breakshot after running 80.

Pros: Helps you stay focused throughout the rack due to so much congestion.

Cons: Very difficult breaking the balls. Takes a long time to rack. lol.

I posted the 80.

http://vimeo.com/10648174

or

http://azbtv.magnify.net/video/Bill-Maropulos-80-ball-run-in-2

Jesus, Eddy! Is there no stopping you?

I watched the first rack. 4:42 not bad for 20 balls.

Give me a call and we'll look at the rest.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill,

Your table table appears to play nice and fast. If you strike the CB as hard as possible (up and down the table), how many lengths will it travel?

Rick

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Bill,

Your table table appears to play nice and fast. If you strike the CB as hard as possible (up and down the table), how many lengths will it travel?

Rick

4 when I hit it probable more when John hits it. lol

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Nice run Marop... man you had to work like a dog for some of those breakouts. I was thinking "oh man what's he do here" at the 2nd rack.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Nice Run

Bill, nice run. You really shot your way out of some tough spots.
Too many balls on the table for me. As for me, I will stick to 15 balls.
I have a hard enough time with just 15 balls on the table.
Great run anyways.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Bill, nice run. You really shot your way out of some tough spots.
Too many balls on the table for me. As for me, I will stick to 15 balls.
I have a hard enough time with just 15 balls on the table.
Great run anyways.

I know what you mean, that will be my first and last attempt at that game. I'm sticking to 14 balls on the table from now on.

Post that 65 when you get a chance, I like the way you run balls, easy to watch. You play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

Bill

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Mighty fancy shooting there. Well played.

In this game, I always favor playing the end pattern of the eighteen ball in the corner onto my key ball, the sixteen ball in the side, which gets me perfect on the nineteen ball breakshot into the corner to open up the next rack.

I hate when I lose a run because the seventeen ball skids!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
20.1 ?

What.....are you just making sh!t up now?

Schmitty has finally gotten to you.

:D

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks Bill

I know what you mean, that will be my first and last attempt at that game. I'm sticking to 14 balls on the table from now on.

Post that 65 when you get a chance, I like the way you run balls, easy to watch. You play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the nice compliment. It means a lot.
I just did some practicing for about two hours and I had many good runs going. (50's-60's). I think. I have to go over the tapes to see what I ran. I lose count of the racks b/c I get so engross to the rack that I am trying to run. All the runs, I blew one way or another to end them. I think, I am one ball away at times from hitting the big numbers.

PS: I watched the tapes; I made myself better then what I am, sorry. I had three 42's. a 49, 55 & 57.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member

Bill

i cant agree with you more bill, i am sticking to 14.1 nothing will make me change.

funny question - what would you have done if you broke that 100 ball mark on video playing 20.1 ???? LOL

steve

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
funny question - what would you have done if you broke that 100 ball mark on video playing 20.1 ???? LOL

steve

That is funny you asked, I was thinking the same thing before I shot that last breakball.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
80 is just as good as 100

That is funny you asked, I was thinking the same thing before I shot that last break ball.

If you would of got a 100, I sure would count it as a record for yourself.
That 20.1 has so many balls every where to block shots & tie you up. It looks hard moving around that many balls on the table. On the other hand, it has less break shots to deal with.
It reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in NY. Instead of playing 9 ball. We would play the whole rack all 15. In NY at the time it was called "Chicago".

Bill, 80 is strong no matter what way you shoot them. We have all seen your video's before and we know know that you can run a 100 at any time.
Keep playing strong.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
what would you have done if you broke that 100 ball mark on video playing 20.1 ???? LOL
...only to find out the camera is off :grin-square:
I'm yet to watch the run Bill but 80 in 20.1 is just insane and a very high mark. How would you rate it compared to 14.1? Over 100 I guess.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
I'm yet to watch the run Bill but 80 in 20.1 is just insane and a very high mark. How would you rate it compared to 14.1? Over 100 I guess.

Kinda hard to rate because I did it on my 3rd try. Like StraightMan said, harder to run balls but less breakshots to reach a high number. A big run in 20.1 needs some luck, if I don't get that 4 ball combination in the second rack the run is over.

I would probably rate it about a push, just as hard to run 80 in 14.1 as it is in 20.1, at least for my style of play anyway. I'll ask John what he thinks if he ever turns on his phone today, lol.

Bill

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
sporty, very sporty. Just watched it today, and I couldnt help but think man hes going to run a hundred with 21 balls on the table. Insane.