Why so few 14.1 threads and posts?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whenever I'm heading to the main forum by going through the subs forum categories page first, I always see a number of people currently viewing the 14.1 pool category, but whenever I click on it to see if there are any interesting new threads or new posts on current threads, there seem to be so few of these viewers posting responses to current threads or starting new threads. Just curious why this is? If there are that many players on here interested in 14.1, why no more activity on the threads or starting new threads, as opposed to the main forum?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is obsessed with one pocket these days.
I played 9 ball,10 ball and 14.1 almost exclusively for 56 years.
I have had to learn and play one pocket in the last year or so just to get a little cheap action.
Last weekend I played 2 games of cheap 14.1 ,winning 1 game with a school teacher thats comes to Denver several times a year from Wyoming.
I have to import my 14.1 action !!!!!!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Maybe everyone is too busy enjoying themselves with 14.1 and can't be bothered to whine or nitpick. :grin-square:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
14.1 is the best game out there. I would play it everyday if I could. I do have a regular sparring partner plus a 24 person league about 1/2 hour away from me so I feel very fortunate.

Kevin

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Hard to say. I guess, for me personally I find that many of my observations etc do not translate into words. When I try to discuss with other people, I find that we often talk past each other, even when we're in the same room.

I think many of the most important things I've learned about 14.1 are about the speed of the shot, and when to go into clusters. Putting them on "paper" is tough. Also, I'm not a top player, so those observations may apply only to me, and may not be the best for people better- or worse than myself.

Also most people on here are not interested in this sort of stuff, but rather want to talk about records, rules, incidents involving famous players etc. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't have much to add on those, so I don't really post much on those.

I'm enjoying the game when I have time to play it, as I suspect do all of you. Sadly, I've had to divide my attention between several different cuesports lately and I find that 14.1 does have it's own unique rhytm etc. I simply cannot run the big numbers without playing it exclusively, unlike the top players who seem to just effortlessly switch.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Whenever I'm heading to the main forum by going through the subs forum categories page first, I always see a number of people currently viewing the 14.1 pool category, but whenever I click on it to see if there are any interesting new threads or new posts on current threads, there seem to be so few of these viewers posting responses to current threads or starting new threads. Just curious why this is? If there are that many players on here interested in 14.1, why no more activity on the threads or starting new threads, as opposed to the main forum?

I’ve been on this page forever, dating back to the Rec/sport/billiards days on the newsgroups.

A lot has changed since then.

I know quite many people got tired of the know it alls and the negativity like in the Main Forum.

A lot of people still just read these threads. I have a bunch of my 14.1 League Players that just read the posts.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

Been competing in One Pocket as of late, banking and moving as well as I ever have but took my off a ball going into a small cluster and not running ball's as well as I should. Probly due to not playing enough Straight Pool. 14.1 is a very demanding game having to attempt to pocket a ball every time your at the table (while practicing on me own) other games allow resting time in between shots. There are not any rooms promoting the game in my area, at the top level ref's are crooked (George Carlin was right). When I have attempted to help others on this forum with their own Straight Pool game they always have some excuse bout they like to keep the pockets tight for other games like 9 ball or one pocket changin the subject (multi-dimentia) players I like to call them.

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Where is this 24 person 14.1 league located? Is it Independent or BCA sanctioned?

14.1 is the best game out there. I would play it everyday if I could. I do have a regular sparring partner plus a 24 person league about 1/2 hour away from me so I feel very fortunate.

Kevin