kamui and masters chalk...

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I use kamui before each rack and use masters ever shot, will it take away from the kamui's performance?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I use kamui before each rack and use masters ever shot, will it take away from the kamui's performance?

That is pretty much what I do but I use predator chalk. I have shafts all over the place and I tested it with a shaft that had a bad tip and it went from a tip you could not trust to playing fine. Regardless what some on here will say, the Kamui does improve the play of the tip. In my experience it is not a con. As far as the cost, that is why they have a dollar menu in Wendy's. Not everybody wants to pay for things. Is the Kamui worth the cost, it is to me.

I use the method you describe not because I am trying to make the chalk last longer, I think it is a good system. I am not that crazy about not chalking for a full rack plus I like to chalk as a normal part of my routine. I like the chalk in my hand as I think.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member

I play with Kamui chalk most of the time and putting Master chalk on top of Kamui chalk won't hurt a thing. As long as you aren't miscueing the chalk is working and doing it's job. You are just changing how it does it. Sometimes I'll put a good coat of Kamui on my tip before I start playing and use regular chalk like normal, especially on my break cue.

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I switched to kumui I noticed my tip grabbed the cue ball more. But with masters over the top I'm guessing it will play the same as it did with just masters.
Just as long as I can trust my tip and prevent the miscues...

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Other than Kamui usually makes a mess of the cue ball, I started chalking every shot and the cube still lasted for some time.

The actual cube is pretty low now, but I use it as a base and put Pre Flag over top on occasion.

I feel that Pre Flag will also stick to your tip and be good for a couple or several shots so using Kamui as a base doesn't make a huge difference, but it certainly won't hurt to use it that way.

Maybe with Masters over top, it will work better and last for a few extra shots.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
im confused
isnt the chalk on top doing the grabbing???
why does it matter what chalk is underneath??
do you think the kamui chalk is holding the masters on better??

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
I have to ask, what's the purpose of chalking with masters after every shot if you spent all that $$$ on kamui chalk? It's defeating the purpose of using the kamui chalk, isn't it?
If it's your routine to chalk after every shot (it's mine) then I don't feel the need to even use kamui.
I've never had a problem miscuing using masters.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
im confused

I have to ask, what's the purpose of chalking with masters after every shot if you spent all that $$$ on kamui chalk? It's defeating the purpose of using the kamui chalk, isn't it?
If it's your routine to chalk after every shot (it's mine) then I don't feel the need to even use kamui.
I've never had a problem miscuing using masters.

I'm also wondering why they do that.

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im confused

Thats why I started the thread. I usually just use kamui, but some guys used masters over the top. I play the last two or three days with masters over the top and started second guessing it. Thought I'd bring it to the professionals (azbilliards).

eprince

Registered
As with a lot of things on pool

This is about what's comfortable for you. As long as you aren't consistently miscuing and are comfortable, use whatever chalk however you want.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
do you wear boxers or jockey underneath?

When I am in the boat, I wear a Banana hammock. It keeps the other fishermen away from my private fishing holes.

I don't know why people use it as a base either.

It was brought up some time ago. I guess someone was trying to make the Kamui last even longer. Thats why I mentioned that I felt that Pre Flag was good for a couple or 3 shots anyway so using Kamui as a base, I really couldn't tell if it made the Flag stick longer as I usually chalk every once a shot or 2.

My cube is so low that I figured that I would use it up like that.

Other than that, if you are painting a wall or a car, you use a base coat of primer.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I am in the boat, I wear a Banana hammock. It keeps the other fishermen away from my private fishing holes.

I don't know why people use it as a base either.

It was brought up some time ago. I guess someone was trying to make the Kamui last even longer. Thats why I mentioned that I felt that Pre Flag was good for a couple or 3 shots anyway so using Kamui as a base, I really couldn't tell if it made the Flag stick longer as I usually chalk every once a shot or 2.

My cube is so low that I figured that I would use it up like that.

Other than that, if you are painting a wall or a car, you use a base coat of primer.

i converted to using kamui s a base and masters after and here is why. i have experimented with several routines and the aforementioned is best for me.

i was always a chalk before every shot guy and continued that routine with kamui. i found that this method loaded up the tip and was unesasary.

i switched to just chalking before my match and forgetting about it. it worked great that way....until i was in a match with a real saftey battle going on. after about 30 innings i miscued . i went to just touching it up between racks but it adheres so good that sometimes that was unesasary and sometimes i would forget about it.

so i went back to my regular routine pf chalking after every shot and using kamui as a base.and yes i believe that combination works better than using masters alone.