Mosconi Cup Watching Live

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what time it starts each day? I found on the DAZN website that it starts at 1300 or 1pm but not sure if that's central, etc.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP mentioned FB Live in other countries, which I assume is free.
That is why I was angered by charging the country actually playing in, and hosting the event.

On a side note, these private streams will never grow interest in pool. 100% of subscribers to the stream are already involved in the game. At least if it was on facespace new people may see it and gain interest. I know cable is a pipe dream but to strictly PPV an event like this sucks. I have said I would like to see a way to donate money to support the US team. Allowing them to play pool full time for a couple/few months leading up to the event would raise their games and make it more competitive every year. I'm not cheap, I just do not like to support the greedy.

i doubt the team would refuse your money were you to offer it.. give it a try

but i think the point of many posts here is that getting DAZN, or in my case Sky sports, supports the mosconi cup as a whole, and not just ones preferred team

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Last year the official stream was on Facebook in the US and other places where they didn’t have an arrangement with a sports network. Since then - maybe with the US Open? - they have an arrangement with DAZN for their pool events in the US and most of Europe.

It’s a good deal - for $20 you get the Mosconi cup live and the recordings, plus all the other events that are available on DAZN for the month.

Can you clarify? If I buy an DAZN subscription (it's actually about $12.00 a month here in Germany) the Mosconi Cup recordings will be up for time-shifted viewing?

If so, how long does it take them to get the recordings up on DAZN?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you clarify? If I buy an DAZN subscription (it's actually about $12.00 a month here in Germany) the Mosconi Cup recordings will be up for time-shifted viewing?

With the US Open, I think the recordings were up pretty quickly after the match was over.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
With the US Open, I think the recordings were up pretty quickly after the match was over.

I just found out from a buddy that DAZN here in Germany has German-only commentary, and even that sucks. Is there a DAZN package available for US customers?

Even a US package might not work here, because that sort of stuff often gets blocked in country.

Dusty5150

Registered

It's live on DAZN, so there's no waiting for a recording to be published. You can join in late and rewind the stream, and they're left on there afterwards (for how long, I don't know).

edit - just checked DAZN, and it looks like events are left online for about a week .. I still have the Northern Ireland snooker from last Thursday & Friday available to re-watch, but the Champion of Champions from a few weeks ago is now gone.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what time it starts each day? I found on the DAZN website that it starts at 1300 or 1pm but not sure if that's central, etc.
It has always started about 11AM local time when it is in Las Vegas. That puts it in the evening (7PM-8PM) in Europe which is the primary viewer market. If you are in Las Vegas watching in person the good news is that your entire evening is free. The bad news is that you have to get up by 10AM.

As far as the free Facebook in some regions, I suspect that is because Matchroom tried to find commercial partners like DAZN or Sky Sports in those regions but could not. The Facebook stream allows them to develop fans in those areas which may lead to commercialization.

The problem with a global free live stream is that there is no sponsorship money because global ads generally don't work. The broadcast has to be tailored to the region by inserting ads during the commercial breaks (which happen at the end of each odd rack), or it has to be on some kind of subscription service.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
i doubt the team would refuse your money were you to offer it.. give it a try

I can't make a difference by myself. If there was an official support site they would receive plenty from us players/ fans.

DAZN, or in my case Sky sports, SUPPORTS the mosconi cup as a whole, and not just ones preferred team

You spelled "cash in on" wrong.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
You spelled "cash in on" wrong.

Here's a clue. If Matchroom doesn't make money off the Mosconi Cup, there will BE no Mosconi Cup. If having to pay for a pool stream affects your income that much, you probably made horrible financial decisions in your life. I have been accused of not suffering fools lightly, and I gotta admit, I am struggling a bit here reading some of your comments.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Here's a clue. If Matchroom doesn't make money off the Mosconi Cup, there will BE no Mosconi Cup. If having to pay for a pool stream affects your income that much, you probably made horrible financial decisions in your life. I have been accused of not suffering fools lightly, and I gotta admit, I am struggling a bit here reading some of your comments.

Yeah, that's it. I'm poor. You fail at reading.
I'm just fine and will retire in a couple years at age 50ish, so get bent.
I JUST SAID I would donate to help the team train for the match you reading-comprehension impaired …
I don't get charged to watch the Davis Cup.
I don't get charged to watch the Olympics.
If you actually want to grow pool interest you don't charge the small core base to watch the match.
Please put me on ignore, I'm tired of your crap.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found out from a buddy that DAZN here in Germany has German-only commentary, and even that sucks. Is there a DAZN package available for US customers?

Even a US package might not work here, because that sort of stuff often gets blocked in country.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Turn on some Tom petty and put on y'alls wife beater and set ya down ta watchin. Yip yipeee.

USA! USA!!

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three days of live pool isn't worth 20bux??

I watch soccer and football on there and if they have skysports for free and I can watch the Mosconi cup for free than no, I will not be buying a dazn subscription that I dont want.

Why would anyone do that?

Convenient, free, seems like the obvious choice to me.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Yeah, that's it. I'm poor. You fail at reading.
I'm just fine and will retire in a couple years at age 50ish, so get bent.
I JUST SAID I would donate to help the team train for the match you reading-comprehension impaired …
I don't get charged to watch the Davis Cup.
I don't get charged to watch the Olympics.
If you actually want to grow pool interest you don't charge the small core base to watch the match.
Please put me on ignore, I'm tired of your crap.

Tennis has a huge international fan base that has so many more fans than pool, that the millions of eyes on any broadcast commands very high advertising rates, and more than makes up for any filming costs.

The Olympics has a huge international fan base that has so many more fans than pool, that the millions of eyes on any broadcast commands very high advertising rates, and more than makes up for any filming costs.

Pool gets MAYBE 2000 concurrent viewers on free streams, which we get on events like the world 9 ball championships, which are hosted by Qatar ONLY for the purposes of attempting to give their Islamic leadership some validity on the world stage. Or on BCA/APA-sponsored events that are basically online advertisements for the league in question. Anyone attempting to do a for-profit broadcast of pool content better be prepared to pony up some cash to pay the networks to broadcast it, and then attempt to recoup their op front costs via PPV/merchandising, etc.

If you got all the ideas on how Matchroom can "totally broadcast for free and make a profit in the SPECIFIC market conditions pool must operate under, that are totally different than tennis and the Olympics", then I HIGHLY suggest you give Barry Hearns a ring and tell him your ideas, so he can get away from the bad ideas that have made the Mosconi Cup successful heretofore.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good move Matchroom getting into DAZN programming . Matchroom recently signed $1 billion boxing deal with DAZN to provide boxing programming.
DAZN (owned by UK richest man) is aggressively positioning itself to be Netflix of sports . Maybe that will mean more more pool programming , more pool money more pool tourneys.
Maybe . Hopefully :D