leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
sorry cant get pics up!!......................delete

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dig the cue. Love the veneer colors. I really love vivid blues and purples in veneers.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leon,

This one is very special. Tommy is head over heels excited about this cue.
It is a design he was only willing to entrust to you to tackle and you did not
disappoint in any way. The Kangaroo wrap looks great and the mitred box
veneers turned out absolutely magnificent. Everything about this cue clicks.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Leon for your sponsorship of the CA State Bar Box (7' tables) 9 Ball Championship Oct. 13-14-15.
Anyone interested in seeing this cue in person can drop by Blue Fin Billiards and compete or just spectate.
This cue is owned by Mr. Tommy Hill, proprietor of Blue Fin Billiards, where this 7' table tournament is being held.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tatoo,

No elephants were killed in the production of this pool cue.

Ivory Bans

New York , June 2014
New Jersey, Aug. 2014
Washington, Nov. 2015
California, July 1, 2016
Hawaii, January 1, 2017

Several states are considering ivory legislation or
have legislation that's already been proposed.

The Federal Ban regulates Interstate Commerce Sales of ivory and International
Export & Import of all ivory. At the state level, it is individually determined state by
state and naturally, state laws must comform with the Federal ban but state laws
can be expanded to become much more stringent and restrictive in scope and
the resultantly imposed limitations governing all sales and use of ivory.....cannot be
bartered or swapped or provided at no cost to your cue-maker to use if you already
had some ivory.....at the state level, the ivory ban literally can include anything.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Ty Matt so no ivory in this cue. What are the inlays and joint made of?

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
I very seldom post here anymore but would like to share this one I built for mr. Hill

Matt, Tommy will be happy with this one... maybe he'll let you hit a ball or two with it take care thanks

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leon,

The cues you have produced the past 3-4 years have consistently been head turners.
For all I know, you've been doing that since day 1 but I've paid attention to your cues
over the recent years. And I can attest that IMO, you have beeen getting better and better
and Tommy's cue is just another example.

I'm known to not be much of a fan of brown wood cues and I'm strictly a ebony points/sleeve
type fan. There's only been 2 cues I would have bought that used brown wood for the points
& sleeves....well, change that count to 3 now. I cannot imagine how striking this cue woulda
looked if it used the special Gaboon Ebony I've seen you use in some cues over the years.

Any cue I own Tommy and TJ can play with or borrow if ever needed. And with Tommy, I know
that it is recirpocal with me and if I wanted to borrow his Szamboti cue, he would not hesitate in
the slightest. TJ is playing really well right now and plays with a Sly custom and I heard that
another Sly creation may be in the works......TJ's version......Like Father Like Son so to speak of.

Sly cues are garnishing a lot of attention & acclaim in the central valley region of California. And
when you produce masterpieces like Tommy's cue & others you've released, it's understandable.

Matt B.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
I very seldom post here anymore but would like to share this one I built for mr. Hill

Matt, Tommy will be happy with this one... maybe he'll let you hit a ball or two with it take care thanks

What type of material was used for the inlays and joint ?

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Built for cue maker hills cues?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tatoo.......I'll let Leon reveal what his choice was but I am eager and anxious to see how this cue plays.
On looks alone, it's a hands down winner and I've tried Sly cues but none were as stunning as this one.

Matt B.

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ivory

I have had the design of this cue in my head for years and years. a couple of years ago i new i could afford to pay the cue maker of my choice to build it for me. I sat down with my best friend Matt to finalize the design and admittedly stole some ideas from his cues. I then decided i wanted leon to build this cue for me, he is easy to work with, he is my sons cue sponsor and he is my friend. with the Ivory ban everywhere and the fact that I sometimes travel to play pool I wanted no ivory in this cue. most of my cues have ivory joints and ferrules. I supplied leon with ivor-x ferrules to use and as for the joint and inlay material i told him to use whatever he thought would look best and and play best. so far I think it is stunning. I really dont care what the inly material he used because he knows better than I do. I can not answer the question of what the inlay material is but boy dosent it look good.

Last edited: