DOUBLE-KISS SHOTS ... Real Game Winners

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating a wide assortment of double kiss shots, where one ball hits another ball into a cushion, with the rebounding ball causing a secondary hit. Check it out:

Shot types covered [with timestamp links] include:

Intro [0:00]
1. Kiss-Back Safeties [0:28]
2. Spin Shots [1:11]
3. Kiss-Back Carom Shots [2:28]
---- 3-times-the-angle kiss-back system [2:55]
---- double kiss carom examples [3:36]
4. Kiss-Back Kiss Shots [6:24]
5. Herd Shots [7:29]
6. Bank Shots [9:42]
Wrap-Up [12:25]
---- video montage of shots [12:46]

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy,
Dave

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
that was great dave
thanks for the info and demonstration
:thumbup:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
In this latest video, my goal was to show more shots and talk less. I don't explain every detail about how to execute each shot or how and why they work.

Do people prefer this style? Or do you like it better when I go into more detail with fewer shots? Or do you want both in longer or subdivided videos?

Thanks for the input,
Dave

FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating a wide assortment of double kiss shots, where one ball hits another ball into a cushion, with the rebounding ball causing a secondary hit. Check it out:

Shot types covered [with timestamp links] include:

Intro [0:00]
1. Kiss-Back Safeties [0:28]
2. Spin Shots [1:11]
3. Kiss-Back Carom Shots [2:28]
---- 3-times-the-angle kiss-back system [2:55]
---- double kiss carom examples [3:36]
4. Kiss-Back Kiss Shots [6:24]
5. Herd Shots [7:29]
6. Bank Shots [9:42]
Wrap-Up [12:25]
---- video montage of shots [12:46]

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy,
Dave

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In this latest video, my goal was to show more shots and talk less. I don't explain every detail about how to execute each shot or how and why they work.

Do people prefer this style? Or do you like it better when I go into more detail with fewer shots? Or do you want both in longer or subdivided videos?

Thanks for the input,
Dave

This video made my days. Loved the "Less Talk More Rock" approach. Going into more detail on your hour long plus type videos makes more sense. I was able to figure out why all these shots worked and was shocked how many I made on the first try. Pure Gold. Thank you!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
This video made my days.
I’m glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback.

Loved the "Less Talk More Rock" approach.
Rock on.

Going into more detail on your hour long plus type videos makes more sense.
Agreed.

I was able to figure out why all these shots worked and was shocked how many I made on the first try. Pure Gold. Thank you!
Thanks again, and you’re welcome
Dave

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the shout out but mainly want to thank you for another great video Dr. D!

I was delighted to see the shots I knew covered. I remember when I discovered that topspin turns into draw when the cue ball double kisses off an object ball. I figured out the shot at 5:17 when I was a kid at home. I was hoping it would be covered and you didn't let me down.

Personally I've never felt comfortable with some of the herd shots. I'm glad to have examples of them to play with. I'd hate to have to shoot them with no back up, but in one pocket or 8 ball they could definitely come up.

As for detail, I like the pace and detail level. The only thing I feel would be nice would be a quick reference to whether these shots are high or low percentage. Oh, I know it varies by table. But just a rough guide as to whether they are high percentage, playable but low percentage, desperation shots, or flat out trick shots you'd never play in a game. You do this a lot of the time but there are some shots I'm really curious about because I want to know how long I should practice them. If I have a shot in my 'desperation' bucket you have in your high percentage bucket then I'd practice longer, but not if it's a trick shot at best. I don't think you should change your videos though, I think the vast majority of your audience is 100% satisfied and so really am I. Maybe a difficulty barometer on the side?

You're the doctor. I say keep doing what is working because it's working!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the shout out but mainly want to thank you for another great video Dr. D!
Thanks Demetrius.

I was delighted to see the shots I knew covered. I remember when I discovered that topspin turns into draw when the cue ball double kisses off an object ball. I figured out the shot at 5:17 when I was a kid at home. I was hoping it would be covered and you didn't let me down.
I still enjoy many of these shots like a wide-eyed kid. They never get old to me.

Personally I've never felt comfortable with some of the herd shots. I'm glad to have examples of them to play with. I'd hate to have to shoot them with no back up, but in one pocket or 8 ball they could definitely come up.
Agreed. I had never really practiced these much before. Now that I have, I might be more hopeful if they come up in game situation with no better alternatives.

As for detail, I like the pace and detail level. The only thing I feel would be nice would be a quick reference to whether these shots are high or low percentage. Oh, I know it varies by table. But just a rough guide as to whether they are high percentage, playable but low percentage, desperation shots, or flat out trick shots you'd never play in a game. You do this a lot of the time but there are some shots I'm really curious about because I want to know how long I should practice them. If I have a shot in my 'desperation' bucket you have in your high percentage bucket then I'd practice longer, but not if it's a trick shot at best. I don't think you should change your videos though, I think the vast majority of your audience is 100% satisfied and so really am I. Maybe a difficulty barometer on the side?
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. I appreciate it. I try to mention when in my videos when I think a shot is really tough. I agree it would be nice to estimate and report level of difficulty for shots like these. Although, everything takes time. Because I put in so much time and effort already, it is honestly difficult for me to add more stuff to my list of things to do for each video, but your idea is good.

You're the doctor. I say keep doing what is working because it's working!
Thanks again Demetrius.

Best regards,
Dave