USPS Warning

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USPS is playing games these days. I spoke with some friends who are postal workers throughout the country. Depending on where the package is going through, some places are either legit short of workers or they are just ****ing around because they are pissed that the government won't give them money to help with their hemorrhaging.

Some places, the mail is not even getting delivered every day like it is supposed to. It is to the point I don't want anything I order shipped with USPS as outside of overnight express which they tend not to play games with due to costs, they are screwing around a lot.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
My ordeal on the 21th day is still stuck "in transit," just a different date.
It's like having vu ja-de, the feeling I've never been there before

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a box of important shafts that has been "in transit" since 6/20
The scary part is I've received priority shipments from the same person so I think it's lost.
How am I going to be able to get my insurance company to pay what the loss is for losing shafts.
The Harvey Martin cue for instance is worthless without the Harvey Martin shafts.

Yes Sir
Replacement shafts won't cut it, when it comes to the value of that cue.
I hope it works out for you.
Scary times when it comes to shipping anything today.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Priority Mail has been taking a week to ten days (rather than two or three days normally) for the last several months) and Media mail is almost extinct. I use Media mail for shipping books and it's just not working anymore. Packages can take weeks instead of the pre Covid seven or eight days.

One strange case scenario just ended. I shipped a book on June 7 from Los Angeles going to Portland via Media mail. On July 8, the buyer in Portland made a paypal claim against me for non delivery of the book. I checked the tracking number and sure enough the book arrived in Portland on June 13. After that there was no further activity. It appeared to be lost in the system. I told my buyer via e-mail that I would send him another book and make a claim against the USPS. I gave him the tracking number and asked him to check at his local post office to see what he could find out.

Lo and behold the next day the book was miraculously delivered (on July 10). What happened between June 13 and July 10, only the Wizard knows. I have a vision of this little Media package languishing in a bin until someone was ready to ship it out via a mail carrier.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well after serveral calls to USPS, taking to a supervisor, they have a new set of excuses.

Covid - 19.

Less mail moving via aircraft.

Most mail moving slow land boat via 18 wheeler.

2 - 3 Day Priority is not a Guarantee.

We are trying.

Sou cal distancing.

Staff is now 100%.

We the public are ordering to much, and it our fault.

BTW NO REFUNDS for Elcrapo service.

USPS continues to run commercial explains how great they are?

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Priority Mail has been taking a week to ten days (rather than two or three days normally) for the last several months) and Media mail is almost extinct. I use Media mail for shipping books and it's just not working anymore. Packages can take weeks instead of the pre Covid seven or eight days.

Once strange case scenario just ended I shipped a book on June 7 from Los Angeles going to Portland via Media mail. On July 8, the buyer in Portland made a paypal claim against me for non delivery of the book. I checked the tracking number and sure enough the book arrived in Portland on June 13. After that there was no further activity. It appeared to be lost in the system. I told my buyer via e-mail that I would send him another book and make a claim against the USPS. I gave him the tracking number and asked him to check at his local post office to see what he could find out.

Lo and behold the next day the book was miraculously delivered (on July 10). What happened between June 13 and July 10, only the Wizard knows. I have a vision of this little Media package languishing in a bin until someone was ready to ship it out via a mail carrier.

I think the packages are not a "priority" until someone inquires further on them in transit. It may be that the receiving side just doesn't know the ball was dropped somewhere else a long the way.

It makes me nervous knowing that a very expensive cue could be sitting in temps over 100 degrees for weeks on end. Say it is received and warped. Did the shipper send it that way or was it neglect by USPS or another service? That is another nightmare I would hate to have to deal with if it happened.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even pre covid I've had issues with usps for years. I've paid for priority express shipping only to find out that just means regular mail now.
The 3-5 day delivery is never on schedule.
Seems to me the Texas hub is the worst!
Took at least a minimum of 2 weeks, even if sent priority or 2 day. They turn getting your money back for late delivery into an experience like doing your own taxes.
I was so happy when my cue finally arrived
that I told myself it would really have to be a perfect cue to go through an ordeal like sweating over a few grand in limbo again.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Yes Sir
Replacement shafts won't cut it, when it comes to the value of that cue.
I hope it works out for you.
Scary times when it comes to shipping anything today.

Shipping USPS has been ok over the years with some periods of pure terror along the way.
Right now who knows what is going on, seemingly nothing.
At least packages are't getting misdirected like they do so often.
They aren't doing anything actually.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
I sent a cue to California from here in east tn, priority mail 3 days. It took 19 days and only after having 2 traces done to find it. Box Patterson finally got the cue I shipped. Nobody believes him that it took 19 days.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shipping USPS has been ok over the years with some periods of pure terror along the way.
Right now who knows what is going on, seemingly nothing.
At least packages are't getting misdirected like they do so often.
They aren't doing anything actually.

Trust me. I know. I've been shipping everything EXPRESS on my dime just because I felt it was the right thing to do. One customer, only ONE, paid the shipping out of courtesy and respect. I didn't ask. He just sent the money for it. That goes a long way with me. The other's, Well, they're just the others.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Trust me. I know. I've been shipping everything EXPRESS on my dime just because I felt it was the right thing to do. One customer, only ONE, paid the shipping out of courtesy and respect. I didn't ask. He just sent the money for it. That goes a long way with me. The other's, Well, they're just the others.

Lady at Post Office the supervisor said that is the only service that is guaranteed. The reason is if they miss delivery, you get fee refund if you ask.

EXPRESS o's the only Priority, not Priority that is not a guaranteed service.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lady at Post Office the supervisor said that is the only service that is guaranteed. The reason is if they miss delivery, you get fee refund if you ask.

EXPRESS o's the only Priority, not Priority that is not a guaranteed service.

That's a fact. ****ERS haven't been late yet.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
21 days later the shafts have made it all the way to Denver from Indiana.
Getting closer
The important thing these days is movement of any kind

Screenshot_20200711-204936_Chrome.jpg