Cue Recommendations Under $1500

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been looking to get a new cue at the end of the year or early next year. Looking for recommendations under $1500.

Custom I was looking at maybe a Sugartree or a Tim Scruggs. I am also considering a Schon.

Last edited:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Been looking to get a new cue at the end of the year or early next year. Looking for recommendations under $1500.

Custom I was looking at maybe a Sugartree or a Tim Scruggs. I am also considering a Schon.

Can't go wrong with any of your initial choices.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I love my DZ cue. I also love my SugarTree. I wanted a Schon, had one and sold it. Lot's of nice SugarTrees in your price range around.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sugar Tree seems like a great choice and is one cue I’m really interested in trying sometime.

If you like Schon style cues then I’d see if you can find anybody selling a Runde. I love my two Runde cues and they’ve basically stopped the cue hunt for me. They are like Schons from the best era of Schon cues and built by ththe same person who built those Schons.

Really though, tons of good options in that price range. Barnhart, Nitti, Gilbert, etc. All solid choices.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a buyers market. You can get a lot of cue for 1,500. Buy something used. I would suggest looking at McDaniel as well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Buy a 600-700buck Mezz and pocket the rest. Seriously, unbelieveable cues for the $$ spent.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

So many choices. But you’re not getting a custom from the late Tim Scruggs.

Tough to single out one cuemaker, but if I had $1500 to spend on a new cue, I’d consider Pat Diveney, Bob Owen, or Eddie Cohen.

Freddie <~~~ needs $1500 to spend

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with being either a player or a collector. But stating which would aid in responses.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would consider a Mezz Exceed model. They currently have a 3 year waiting list to order, but J&J Cue is a Mezz dealer and keeps about a dozen new ones in stock, shown on their website, most of which are within your budget. Great playing cue, and they should also maintain a good resale value if you ever want to move it.

Last edited:

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many choices. But you’re not getting a custom from the late Tim Scruggs.

Tough to single out one cuemaker, but if I had $1500 to spend on a new cue, I’d consider Pat Diveney, Bob Owen, or Eddie Cohen.

Freddie <~~~ needs $1500 to spend

Great recommendation on the Bob Owen. I found one on his site I just fell in love with that I'm getting.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've said it up in hrrre before:
Philippi cues are probably the most underrated cues out there.
Shiiiiit...for 1500, get a diveney sneaky and a philippi one. Then take a look at the $900 you saved and smile.

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Find a MCDERMOTT D Series and save yourself money, they play just as well as something for the 1500...