Paquiao 10 ball open winner

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roland Garcia won finals against Edgie Geronimo

Visit Mp Aries Billiard F/B page for many matches.

One of Effren matches there.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just shows you how tough to win with the Pinoys....
...Robocop was in this contest....sunk without a trace....:yikes:

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes Robo cop and Dodong Diamond, it is very interesting to watch unknow, unheard of players playing so great!! What kind of melting pot do they have there!!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

True - and Efren won the first event - must have been around 60 years old at the time. He can still catch a gear.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yes Robo cop and Dodong Diamond, it is very interesting to watch unknow, unheard of players playing so great!! What kind of melting pot do they have there!!

If you can’t run a four-pack by the time you’re 7 years old...
...they send you to school on a short bus.

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
Interesting...only two Americans in the field and they just HAPPEN to play each other first? None of my business though...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look at how many matches went hill-hill. That's how closely matched the top players are in the PI. I would say there are at least 100 players over there capable of winning the biggest regional tournaments over here. I know most of the players in the final 64 and all of them play within a ball of Dennis, Carlo and Lee Vann's speed. Garcia has been around a long time and had a rep as a bit of a choker. It looks like in the last couple of years he's matured as a player to become a winner. Edgie already made his mark over here, rolling over many of our pros in money games.

ALL of these Pinoy players gamble with each other on a regular basis and they stay in action. My observation is that most of the time they are not looking for the nuts to match up, just a fair game. They WANT to play, not just sit on the sidelines watching and talking! That's why great players like Shane, Darren and Mika can always get games over there. The Filipino players are not that hard to match up with, usually a couple of games on the wire and they are quick to come to the table. They rarely ask for ball spots, most often matching up is a matter of giving up games on the wire. Many of these guys will play top foreign players EVEN, just to see how they match up with them. Only a player like Shane has to give up weight on a regular basis.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Interesting...only two Americans in the field and they just HAPPEN to play each other first? None of my business though...

How about Efren drawing Corteza then Orcollo on the B-side.
Not exactly a cake walk.
There was no seeding.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at how many matches went hill-hill. That's how closely matched the top players are in the PI. I would say there are at least 100 players over there capable of winning the biggest regional tournaments over here. I know most of the players in the final 64 and all of them play within a ball of Dennis, Carlo and Lee Vann's speed. Garcia has been around a long time and had a rep as a bit of a choker. It looks like in the last couple of years he's matured as a player to become a winner. Edgie already made his mark over here, rolling over many of our pros in money games.

ALL of these Pinoy players gamble with each other on a regular basis and they stay in action. My observation is that most of the time they are not looking for the nuts to match up, just a fair game. They WANT to play, not just sit on the sidelines watching and talking! That's why great players like Shane, Darren and Mika can always get games over there. The Filipino players are not that hard to match up with, usually a couple of games on the wire and they are quick to come to the table. They rarely ask for ball spots, most often matching up is a matter of giving up games on the wire. Many of these guys will play top foreign players EVEN, just to see how they match up with them. Only a player like Shane has to give up weight on a regular basis.

That's an interesting take. I've actually heard the opposite. I've heard USA backers complain that none of the Filipino players will match up unless they have the nuts.

My memory is a little foggy on this but I seem to remember seeing a few posts about this on Facebook. Roy's Basement was having a hard time finding a game for Dennis Orcullo. The Sword Brothers were having trouble when they brought Skylar Woodward down there. Even Tyler Styer had a post about having to beg someone to play who he just lost to hill hill.

Also, if the American players win, how do they leave the Country with the cash? I heard there are a lot of difficulties involved with leaving with more than $10,000.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's an interesting take. I've actually heard the opposite. I've heard USA backers complain that none of the Filipino players will match up unless they have the nuts.

My memory is a little foggy on this but I seem to remember seeing a few posts about this on Facebook. Roy's Basement was having a hard time finding a game for Dennis Orcullo. The Sword Brothers were having trouble when they brought Skylar Woodward down there. Even Tyler Styer had a post about having to beg someone to play who he just lost to hill hill.

Also, if the American players win, how do they leave the Country with the cash? I heard there are a lot of difficulties involved with leaving with more than $10,000.

Using Dennis as an example doesn't apply here. He has a problem getting a game anywhere! I'm not sure what was going on with Skylar or Tyler, but I can assure you there are many Pinoy players who will play them. I think maybe we don't know the whole story.

You may not be aware that anytime you carry more than 10K in cash from one continent to another you need to report it at Customs. If you don't and they find a larger amount on you, it can be confiscated. What Most people do in situations like this is they split up the money among members of their group so no one has over 10K on them. This is not the case domestically. You can carry all you want flying from state to state.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.41.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.41.50 PM.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.42.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.42.13 PM.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 142