Kansas City Pool rooms

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello!

Any pointers on where to go for pool on 9 ft tables in the area?

Much appreciated!
SidePockets(https://www.sidepockets.com/), Shooters(Olathe), RaytownRecreation(old school walk-down spot).. One thing on Shooters, they used to be membership place and you couldn't play same day you applied. Might call them about it. Its a great place to play.

Last edited:

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SidePockets(https://www.sidepockets.com/), Shooters(Olathe), RaytownRecreation(old school walk-down spot).. One thing on Shooters, they used to be membership place and you couldn't play same day you applied. Might call them about it. Its a great place to play.

Side Pockets North has 4 diamond 9 footers. They have a nice 9 ball tournament on Monday evenings on the bar tables along with a sizeable break and run pot but you have to play in the tournament or on a league to be be able to buy tickets.

Side Pockets in Blue Springs has 4 gold crowns.

Raytown Rec is worth a visit home of Big Bertha and they have several gold crowns but not in great condition. I would visit there during the day if possible. It's like going back in time.

Shooters has both diamond and gold crowns but as mentioned they still have memberships so you will need to know someone to get in as a guest or buy a membership but it takes a few days to get one iirc.

Sharks on the Kansas side (Shawnee) has 4 big tables one is a diamond the others are something else. Good food table play ok.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Also, there are several Side Pockets locations. The one in Lees Summit (Oldham Pkwy) got rid of all their 9 ft tables and now has bar boxes only.

Eric

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Also, there are several Side Pockets locations. The one in Lees Summit (Oldham Pkwy) got rid of all their 9 ft tables and now has bar boxes only.

Eric

Sadness. I have played at the Lees Summit location and it was a cool spot because of the 9 ft tables. I have also played at Shooters and Raytown, all great rooms but vastly different.

I feel sorry for the one hole players that shot at Side Pockets south.

According to their website they still have two 9ft Diamond Pro Am tables.

Stockpot

Registered
Thank you all for your time and advice! This site has always been a good resource for any question on the game.

Thanks again,

Stockpot

Registered
I spoke with Shooters and they are still a private club. You can join and play the same day. $10 yr.

Thanks again,

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with Shooters and they are still a private club. You can join and play the same day. $10 yr.

Thanks again,
Its a cool place. Every table type you can think of. The owner, Dan Tull, has been a great promoter of the game for over 25yrs.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooters is the place to go if you're looking for food and drink along with a variety of table sizes.
Plenty of Bar Tables, Several 9' tables and a Gabriel's Billiard Table. I hear they removed their old Kling Billiard Table. I'm sure they didn't get much play on it after moving it right next to the restrooms. Should have been right next to the Gabriel, now there's a waiting line to play 3C.

Raytown is where you want to go to get away from the loud noise, listen to balls clicking and the haggling for a game, and just play. If you like to gamble, bring your game, there's a couple of folks that can play. Of course Shooters has those too.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooters is the place to go if you're looking for food and drink along with a variety of table sizes.
Plenty of Bar Tables, Several 9' tables and a Gabriel's Billiard Table. I hear they removed their old Kling Billiard Table. I'm sure they didn't get much play on it after moving it right next to the restrooms. Should have been right next to the Gabriel, now there's a waiting line to play 3C.

Raytown is where you want to go to get away from the loud noise, listen to balls clicking and the haggling for a game, and just play. If you like to gamble, bring your game, there's a couple of folks that can play. Of course Shooters has those too.
Just don't woof at that Matlock guy. He can still dab it . ;)