Dazn disappointment

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Created an account with DAZN, Sunday Nov 24th, strictly for Mosconi Cup. Not being familiar with their site I used a $25 Visa gift card to set it up. Chose this method because of number of negative stories associated with cancelling a subscription through their service. I didn't want any issues with my real payment cards.
After my Thanksgiving responsibilities today I tried to watch MC replay. The stream is not available to me and the site says I do not have access to content. Checked my email an DAZN is saying my service is off and I need to re-susbscribe!!??

The billing cycle and my access is not good through the end of November???

I tried to sign in DAZN to remedy this and their site will not recognize my password and will not allow me to Log in. Tried multiple ways and attempted to send questions to their Help center and Live Chat. No answers and No Help. And then the site said due to high volume I would not be able to Log In or change my info.

I wish to support Pool and streaming events but there has to be better solutions than what we are currently offered.

This entire experience with DAZN has been INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTING.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Sorry to hear. Maybe try again tomorrow.

I had DAZN last year for mosconi. Canceled without issue. I re-signed up this year for mosconi with no hiccups. My stream was good all 4 days and the replays are equally good. Chromecast to my living room tv was seamless.

I know some folks report problems, but I’ve been issue free for two years. Hope your problems get worked out and you can watch the replay. Worth the 20 bucks.

-td

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dazn Disappointment

Hey thanks td873, I will investigate further after todays holiday during normal business hours on Friday.

Thanks for the new link, jasonlaus. I watched Mon -Wed, with my DAZN account and was looking forward to viewing the wrap up this evening. Hence my frustration.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You sure your wife didnt cancel? :)

Im expecting 30 full days but truthfully like 99% of us, i never read the T & C's

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Im expecting 30 full days but truthfully like 99% of us, i never read the T & C's

Even if you cancel today, your subscription is still good for the month since you are billed up front.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
It's weird how peoples' reviews are all over the map.
A few reported no interruptions while most mentioned it cutting in and out through most of the event. Some had even more issues and were fuming about it on other sites.
I hope they go in a different direction next year.

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dazn Disappointment

Definitely not cancelled on my end.
I too was expecting full access till last day of month.
Just now successfully signed in, the site has dropped me from active status and is requesting new payment info. And while currently signed in, I still can't Log in to any of the Help Desk / Live Chat for Q & A to clarify terms and conditions.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely not cancelled on my end.
I too was expecting full access till last day of month.
Just now successfully signed in, the site has dropped me from active status and is requesting new payment info. And while currently signed in, I still can't Log in to any of the Help Desk / Live Chat for Q & A to clarify terms and conditions.

Can you check the current amount on that $25 Visa gift card?

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you check the current amount on that $25 Visa gift card?

No Joe J, the site keeps directing me to a new billing plan for monthly/yearly subscription. It will not allow me to see anything from my original plan/sign-up.
I thought at $19.99, for the month, I was covered since I just joined on Nov 24th. Guess it's not good till the end of November in their billing cycle.
So, without the ability to contact anyone in DAZN help center, I'm stuck at moment with questions and No answers.

Last edited:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess is the attempted work around the credit card may be the problem. Even if your intent is one month only, they probably expect the ability to have recurring billing if you don't cancel, which is their prerogative. Something probably triggered when their computers figured out you really weren't setting up an account per their rules?

Again, just a guess only. Glad you found another way to watch.

I set up an account on there for some pool stuff earlier this year, canceled later just by clicking on cancel and they sent me a nice come back whenever you want email. Resubscribed for this and some snooker later and it was seamless.

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dazn Disappointment

Jeephawk- I'm not sure what happened and perhaps their system did cancel me out because gift card triggered a warning. I will do more research. Thanks for sharing your positive experience, good to know so I can determine if I try to re-establish a future account with DAZN.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Joe J, the site keeps directing me to a new billing plan for monthly/yearly subscription. It will not allow me to see anything from my original plan/sign-up.
I thought at $19.99, for the month, I was covered since I just joined on Nov 24th. Guess it's not good till the end of November in their billing cycle.
So, without the ability to contact anyone in DAZN help center, I'm stuck at moment with questions and No answers.

No, I don't mean the DAZN site. Can you check the current value on the gift card such as a phone number on the back.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeephawk- I'm not sure what happened and perhaps their system did cancel me out because gift card triggered a warning. I will do more research. Thanks for sharing your positive experience, good to know so I can determine if I try to re-establish a future account with DAZN.

Just a total guess, as I said.

Having said that, if they took your money, you think there would be a way to secure the full month you have coming, but no idea how that works. Sorry.

LOL, I thought I catch some snooker after the Mosconi Cup and I don't see anything on DAZN's schedule for pool or snooker for some time to come. Oh well, the Mosconi Cup was worth it.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They must be doing good. Advertising spot on the NFL Saints vs Falcons NBC prime time just now.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day One sucked. Otherwise, well pleased with the Mosconi coverage. The ability to pause, rewind and fast forward during a live stream is awesome.

Best $20 for amount of value by far than any other PPV.

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I don't mean the DAZN site. Can you check the current value on the gift card such as a phone number on the back.

Joe J-
My apologies. I was so focused on solving the riddles of DAZN website I totally misunderstood your suggestion.
Thanks

Last edited: