Old
  (#16)
SFC9ball
JimBaker PBIA Instructor
SFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-13-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchDAZB View Post
Allison Fisher has a pendulum stroke?

Damn it we are talking about the pendulum stroke not a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG pause in the stroke. Sorry I got side tracked thinking about the players stroke, but I am 100% sure John Mora has a pendulum stroke

Jim Baker
PBIA Master Instructor
Member of the SPF Family
(573) 433-0386
E-mail: 1jbcuerepair@gmail.com

Old
  (#17)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBme View Post
Most instructional videos when the instructor is teaching a student the importance of keeping the elbow from dropping, it appears to me, that he/she'll will do an exaggerated follow through with a tip dipping into the table. My question: Is that for teaching purposes, as a visual for the student to continue when practicing stroke fundamentals?
With a non-elbow drop stroke the follow through is going to be limited and it will have an angled-downward motion. Players should stroke in the way that is their strength. Some player are natural elbow-droppers with excellent timing. They shouldn't suddenly try to conform to a pendulum stroke just because some instructor said they should. And I'm an instructor.

Old
  (#18)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbales View Post
I am not an instructor, just a 50 year player who has had a ton of professional lessons and owns every cd known to man on Pool.

You do something my playing partner does a lot, especially when needs a lot of draw. We call it "screwing the ball in". The back hand twists to the right in a screw driver motion. I don't think you do that all the time, as my friend also does not.

If you end up just a little left of straight, consistently, it is very hard to change. I end up a hair left of center. I am always told I need to fix it but it is so much a part of my aim and overall game I am not sure it is worth the effort. anything you can repeat consistently is reliable. I know that is heresy but it is the ability to do exactly the same thing each time that makes consistency. If you ever figure out how to get that stroke perfectly straight let me know how you did it.

I see a lot of pros who finish slightly off to one side consistently. They don't finish off randomly left then right, it is always to one side and most commonly a touch to the left. It might be they slightly favor one side of the cue ball, inside or outside, and the force of impact off dead center results in a slight deflection from the impact.

Do you finish slightly off on very soft hits?
I hear what you're saying and it's intriguing, but often, players who struggle with consistency but consistently finish to one side have aim/alignment issues.

-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: