James Aranas vs Shaun Wilkie race to 15 ppv at 6pm

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dodong Diamond on site at Salt City Billiards....hitting em good.

Sign up for the livestream at billiardnet.tv. $9.99 or $14 for a month long pass.
billiardtv.net

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dodong Diamond on site at Salt City Billiards....hitting em good.

Sign up for the livestream at billiardnet.tv. $9.99 or $14 for a month long pass.
billiardtv.net

Did you watch him play alex the other night?

This should be a great match.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it standard pro-cut pockets? I thought i might've read they were thinking about 4 1/4" maybe?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you watch him play alex the other night?

This should be a great match.

I did , He is in top gear , I doubt him or DO will have much for him in the near future , He really is Roys prized student and I hear he hates cutting grass and washing cars lol
But my hats off to Roy not only is he active in his pool game but also in other area's, of life , he's humble respectful gracious friendly i could go on here , ,
Now not to leave Wilki out
They both represent pool very well

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargo 60 points difference is not fadeable

i am surprised this is even match. Fargo different about 60 points. Even though I wouldn't rely totally on Fargo but 60 points is almost impossible to fade.
Almost all the time, players above 780 only can win major tournaments and highest Fargo is 820s. That suggests 20 to 40 points is fadeable. Higher than 40 is not even match.
Of cos there are exception to the rule but those would be one in a blue moon maybe :grin:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
With a 60-point FargoRate difference, in a race to 15 it would take a 5 game spot to make it an even match -- 15-10. So the actual result of 15-9 was darn close!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
With a 60-point FargoRate difference, in a race to 15 it would take a 5 game spot to make it an even match -- 15-10. So the actual result of 15-9 was darn close!

DD eased on the pedal when he was ahead by 8 games.
The tight corner pockets really affected Wilke.
When it was 11-9, DD stepped on the gas again.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ppv profit sharing must've made up for the money in the middle for Wilkie to take on this match.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The ppv profit sharing must've made up for the money in the middle for Wilkie to take on this match.

Wilke beat Shane last time.

He didnt have to lose this, the table wasnt breaking well for either player, and from talking to both players it seemed to be playing tighter than normal.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Aranas is an anomaly to me. His "A" game is very high, but he isn't as consistent as some of the other top guys. For example, after topping Orcullo 11-1 at the International in October with brilliant play, he lost his top gear and was absolutely demolished by Shaw in his very next match.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Aranas is an anomaly to me. His "A" game is very high, but he isn't as consistent as some of the other top guys. For example, after topping Orcullo 11-1 at the International in October with brilliant play, he lost his top gear and was absolutely demolished by Shaw in his very next match.

Very true^^^

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope people can see this big graphic. It is a visual of Aranas's match losses (in red) over the last two years sorted by opponent rating. Most of these matches are shorter and on easier equipment than in Syracuse.

The opponents in blue (787 - 825) are his peers. He is 50/50 against this group.

Against opponents in green (Styer up to Mika), James wins at about 2-to-1

Below that, even with many players we all know, pickings get pretty thin; you have to hope he's in a bad mood because Roy made him clean the garage...

Attachments

• aranas.jpg
    aranas.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 195

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6-4 record vs Shane/Shaw/JL Chang is pretty stout.

I think he's had some longer sets gambling vs Bergman(maybe 1-1) and Kevin Cheng, but i seem to had forgotten who won.

Last edited: