Funny pic/gif thread...

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Oh, now I see the difference if you have a spotter. I thought it was scary but if you have a spotter, it's easy peasy! Yeah, right. :eek:

Never said it was easy.

I've stressed hard in stuff thats chidrens candy compared to anything anywhere close to that. You couldn't pay me enough to drive that w your Jeep.

Rule one of offroading is, you don't go alone. If you're doing anything challenging, depending on your ability and experience, you should have a spotter.

The other thing about that video is, it's been speed up. Even on flat ground, no ledge, with rocks like that you're are at a crawl. That whole video was easily 5 minutes plus I'd bet. Just crawling the driver's side tire up that wall, probably was a couple minutes.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never said it was easy.

I've stressed hard in stuff thats chidrens candy compared to anything anywhere close to that. You couldn't pay me enough to drive that w your Jeep.

Rule one of offroading is, you don't go alone. If you're doing anything challenging, depending on your ability and experience, you should have a spotter.

The other thing about that video is, it's been speed up. Even on flat ground, no ledge, with rocks like that you're are at a crawl. That whole video was easily 5 minutes plus I'd bet. Just crawling the driver's side tire up that wall, probably was a couple minutes.

Thanks for the posts on the matter.

Spotter in crawling is a lot different than in gymnastics...uhh weightlifting, I mean:embarrassed2:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
IMO, that vid looks like it was not speeded up, at least not 25x or more. The bounce after it stops temporarily looks real time.

Impressive. More so without a spotter.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
IMO, that vid looks like it was not speeded up, at least not 25x or more. The bounce after it stops temporarily looks real time.

Impressive. More so without a spotter.

I don't have experience rock crawling myself. I've probably got a couple hundred hours in watching others do it.

Watch a few shows of 4WD Action, some videos of people doing the Rubicon Trail. You'll get the idea.

That guy drove that like it was paved. When that Jeep dropped, that guy had his brakes on the whole time and was doing his best to keep his pants clean.

I'd bet when that thing dropped he took a few to gather his thoughts. I've watched many drive far less intimidating stuff, who do it regularly, and take much more time.

You can think all you want about how fast he went through there. I'll think what I know.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I don't have experience rock crawling myself. I've probably got a couple hundred hours in watching others do it.

Watch a few shows of 4WD Action, some videos of people doing the Rubicon Trail. You'll get the idea.

That guy drove that like it was paved. When that Jeep dropped, that guy had his brakes on the whole time and was doing his best to keep his pants clean.

I'd bet when that thing dropped he took a few to gather his thoughts. I've watched many drive far less intimidating stuff, who do it regularly, and take much more time.

You can think all you want about how fast he went through there. I'll think what I know.

Vid is real speed. No spotter needed. No real danger. Not real Jeep.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
57300b6c87b242ae90d35df42adc334b.jpg