Table recommendation for office setting

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My office is looking to buy a table for the employees to have a break from the day job:) We are a startup, 20 total people, and money is tight. I know most of the common commercial 9' tables pretty well, but rarely played on little tables.

I'm looking for:

-7' (or smaller) table. 8' won't fit in our space well.
-EASY pockets
-New or used
-I'd like to propose a high, medium, and low cost budget to the boss. I'm thinking 3K will be the absolute max out the door he will go for, and that is a stretch for sure. So maybe 3k for the high new, 1k for the mid, and a $100 craigslist special with new cloth and/or rails for the low.
-Diamond is definitely out, 5K is way too high, and I want an easy table. Everyone but me is a banger.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Atlanta.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For 3k you should be able to have a 7' drop pocket olhausen etc...etc or Valley table sitting in your break room and have cash left over for house cues, balls, racks, bridges, chalk, heck....even a ball cleaner if you wanted one.

Theres a guy named Daniel in Huntsville, Alabama that will buy, deliver and set up 7' tables for half that....and that's including new cloth.

Don't know where your office is located but, unless your in a very rural area, you should have at least one person like him to contact (local table guys).

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep your eyes open for a used 7' Valley. If you're lucky you can find one for next to nothing. Get some new cloth and rails and you'll have a really solid table for under $1k that can take some really rough service. Anything with a 3 piece slate is too fragile for that kind of environment imo.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep your eyes open for a used 7' Valley. If you're lucky you can find one for next to nothing. Get some new cloth and rails and you'll have a really solid table for under $1k that can take some really rough service. Anything with a 3 piece slate is too fragile for that kind of environment imo.
What he said ^^^

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For 3k you should be able to have a 7' drop pocket olhausen etc...etc or Valley table sitting in your break room and have cash left over for house cues, balls, racks, bridges, chalk, heck....even a ball cleaner if you wanted one.

Theres a guy named Daniel in Huntsville, Alabama that will buy, deliver and set up 7' tables for half that....and that's including new cloth.

Don't know where your office is located but, unless your in a very rural area, you should have at least one person like him to contact (local table guys).

Thank you. I didn't know that was the price range, and after your post, found that to be about true on Craigslist. I thought it was much higher.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely make sure the coin op works so they get back to work
when they run out of quarters :smile: …. you can always use the
quarters for a periodic 'office party'.... or to keep the table in shape.

td

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Keep checking that the cues have tips on them.
...some novice might try a draw shot with no tip...there goes the cloth.

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd at least consider the Fusion table by Aramith. They might be a little more, but they convert to a conference table too.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

On the rails question, I would call the folks at Ridgeback Rails. Their website appears to under construction in terms of content, and I can't remember if their "standard" rails leave the pockets at buckets. I have the pro editions, which tighten the pockets (which I know you don't want) but the rails definitely play better and truer than old Valley rails, so if you can get Ridgebacks which leave the pocket openings the same, I would do that. And Simonis cloth of course!