P3

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a difference between the Predator P3 pool cue butt and the P3 carom Molinari butt. ? I know the shafts are different but the technology and construction of the butt seems the same. Can I put a Vantage 3c shaft on any P3 butt and have a carom cue ?
Reason is that there are no carom p3 butts with wraps but there are p3 pool butts w wrap and I want a butt with a leather wrap

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a difference between the Predator P3 pool cue butt and the P3 carom Molinari butt. ? I know the shafts are different but the technology and construction of the butt seems the same. Can I put a Vantage 3c shaft on any P3 butt and have a carom cue ?
Reason is that there are no carom p3 butts with wraps but there are p3 pool butts w wrap and I want a butt with a leather wrap

The P3 Pred and P3 carom butts are slightly different. With the same standard 314-2 shaft mounted to the P3 Pred, the balance point is around 18.5 inches from the butt plug. When mounted to the Molinari, the balance point is around 16.5 inches so in summary, the carom version is about 2 inches back weighted compared to the pool version.

Does it make a difference ? Only if you are picky about the cue balance/weight and the balance/weight you desire cannot be setup using a weight kit. In my case, I prefer back weighted ~17.5 inches so I setup the Molinari balance point to match my pool cues. When I use my shorter carom shaft, it also feels just right.

If you prefer forward weighted, steer clear of carom butts.

Last edited: