SBE - any of you at SBE?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
If any of you aiming gurus are at SBE, I'd love to meet you. PM me if you'd like to hit some. I got knocked out last night in 3rd round, so I'm outta that trap.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Sorry to miss you would have liked to caught up with you, but the last thing on my mind was posting on AZ during the SBE.

If any of you aiming gurus are at SBE, I'd love to meet you. PM me if you'd like to hit some. I got knocked out last night in 3rd round, so I'm outta that trap.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to miss you would have liked to caught up with you, but the last thing on my mind was posting on AZ during the SBE.

I understand that completely. I didn't even take my phone into the expo until after Corey Eulas knocked me out. Ended up spending time at Classic Billiards because there weren't enough action tables at the expo.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that completely. I didn't even take my phone into the expo until after Corey Eulas knocked me out. Ended up spending time at Classic Billiards because there weren't enough action tables at the expo.
---------------------

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
How is that possible? (in blue)
You posted recently that you "rarely miss a ball".
??

I didn't miss one shot that I intended to make. This comment of yours shows that you are not a player. Once you reach a certain skill level, pocketing balls is not an issue. I lost because I got out of line a few times. I also scratched on the break once and broke dry a couple of times.

Corey plays great, and I just couldn't capitalize on the few chances he gave me. I pulled off some great kick shots, kick safeties, and even a nice full-ball jump shot using a bridge. But a handful of TV shots isn't enough, not against a great player.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't miss a shot. This comment shows that you are not a player. Once you reach a certain skill level, pocketing balls is not an issue. I lost because I got out of line a few times. I also scratched on the break once and broke dry a couple of times.
Corey plays great, and I just couldn't capitalize on the few chances he gave me. I pulled off some great kick shots, kick safeties, and even a nice full-ball jump shot using a bridge. But a handful of TV shots isn't enough, not against a great player.
--------------------------

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course I'm not a player...my signature line is straight forward about that.
I just wondered how you could get drilled after you said you rarely miss a ball. I'm assuming you just stood there and had to watch while the other guy ran out through the set or match or whatever.
Happens to even the worst of us, like me....I figure I'm about 50% on making balls every time I go to the table. I guess the aiming system I use isn't as good as the one you use.
Wish I could've been there to witness your demonstration of proficiency...great kick shots, kick safeties, and a jump shot using the bridge. Must've been very discouraging to get hammered after all that.
Maybe next year for me.

It wasn't too discouraging. Alternating breaks, best 2 out of 3 races to 5. I lost 5-2, 5-3. Broke and ran a couple of racks, but the break just wasn't working for me overall. Playing a strong player in this type of format you need to win the games for which you're breaking. I mean, you can break and scratch then watch your opponent run out, then he breaks and runs out, then you break dry and your opponent runs out again, or you break and have no shot so you play safe or push, only to have your opponent pull off a great shot and run out. It's a bar box....runouts are very common for any decent player.

I respect Corey's game. He played great. Afterwards he bought me and my buddies a beer and we had good conversation about pool and other stuff.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I learned my lesson last year when my break on those tables was not working. I spent time prior to this years event working on that. I broke much better in all of my matches.

Of course people still shit in balls on me all the time. In a hill set before the money round my opponent shit in a ball in three racks to force a hill hill game to go to the money round. Got into a safety battle with him on the friggen 9 ball and pulled it out with two good safes.

Last year in the money round my opponent shit in two 9 balls in a row when I was up on him 3-1 in the hill set. It was a dogfight from there.

My money round loss this year was hinky and I will not post publicly what happened.

The other good thing this year was my physical condition. I had dropped weight since last year and had a heart procedure done, both of these helped I had pep on Saturday, last year I was a physical wreak.

I would really love to see this event changed to call 9. (BTW I only play in the seniors event.)

LOL

It wasn't too discouraging. Alternating breaks, best 2 out of 3 races to 5. I lost 5-2, 5-3. Broke and ran a couple of racks, but the break just wasn't working for me overall. Playing a strong player in this type of format you need to win the games for which you're breaking. I mean, you can break and scratch then watch your opponent run out, then he breaks and runs out, then you break dry and your opponent runs out again, or you break and have no shot so you play safe or push, only to have your opponent pull off a great shot and run out. It's a bar box....runouts are very common for any decent player.

I respect Corey's game. He played great. Afterwards he bought me and my buddies a beer and we had good conversation about pool and other stuff.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I learned my lesson last year when my break on those tables was not working. I spent time prior to this years event working on that. I broke much better in all of my matches.

Of course people still shit in balls on me all the time. In a hill set before the money round my opponent shit in a ball in three racks to force a hill hill game to go to the money round. Got into a safety battle with him on the friggen 9 ball and pulled it out with two good safes.

Last year in the money round my opponent shit in two 9 balls in a row when I was up on him 3-1 in the hill set. It was a dogfight from there.

My money round loss this year was hinky and I will not post publicly what happened.

The other good thing this year was my physical condition. I had dropped weight since last year and had a heart procedure done, both of these helped I had pep on Saturday, last year I was a physical wreak.

I would really love to see this event changed to call 9. (BTW I only play in the seniors event.)

LOL

Lol....I understand the frustration with [luck] factor very well. Probably won't ever change.

You won quite a few matches. Wish I would've caught a few games.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I would have liked to sit with you and have a cigar and a wee dram of scotch.

:wink:

Lol....I understand the frustration with the factor very well. Probably won't ever change.

You won quite a few matches. Wish I would've caught a few games.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is that possible? (in blue)
You posted recently that you "rarely miss a ball".
??

I played a very good shortstop recently alternate break race to 5. He ran out all three of my dry breaks and had two break and runs. The only game I won he hooked himself trying to break out a ball and I ran out. I missed zero balls and lost 5-1. Stuff happens.

Sad how players get judged without even watch them play. I know you are just trolling, but still. I feel any player deserves more respect than what you show.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I played a very good shortstop recently alternate break race to 5. He ran out all three of my dry breaks and had two break and runs. The only game I won he hooked himself trying to break out a ball and I ran out. I missed zero balls and lost 5-1. Stuff happens.

Sad how players get judged without even watch them play. I know you are just trolling, but still. I feel any player deserves more respect than what you show.

Those are hard sets. And you're right....it happens. After getting beat out of the expo, we headed to Markley Billiards and I put 4-pack on my buddy on one of those diamond bar boxes.

My buddy said, "You shoulda shot like this against that Corey dude from Jersey." I said, "I tried." And we had a good laugh about it. We ended up racing to 10, and though I hit a streak with that 4pk, the score ended up being 10-9. I lost. But I got him back later by beating him 10-7 on the 9ft at Classic Billiards. Fun times.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course I'm not a player...my signature line is straight forward about that.
I just wondered how you could get drilled after you said you rarely miss a ball. I'm assuming you just stood there and had to watch while the other guy ran out through the set or match or whatever.
Happens to even the worst of us, like me....I figure I'm about 50% on making balls every time I go to the table. I guess the aiming system I use isn't as good as the one you use.
Wish I could've been there to witness your demonstration of proficiency...great kick shots, kick safeties, and a jump shot using the bridge. Must've been very discouraging to get hammered after all that.
Maybe next year for me.

i cant tell....:eek: ..sorry
are you being sincere or sarcastic ???

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
i cant tell....:eek: ..sorry
are you being sincere or sarcastic ???

Hey, Larry, I talked to Chris Nitti and gave him your message....word for word. He appreciated it. And he has some very nice looking cues!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey, Larry, I talked to Chris Nitti and gave him your message....word for word. He appreciated it. And he has some very nice looking cues!
thanks brian
chris nitti is a great guy and makes a great cue
his prices for the quality is very fair imho

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't miss one shot that I intended to make. This comment of yours shows that you are not a player. Once you reach a certain skill level, pocketing balls is not an issue. I lost because I got out of line a few times. I also scratched on the break once and broke dry a couple of times.
---------------------

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I keep noticing this and it dwells on my thinking. Being a low rated player like I am, it particularly is hard to grasp the concept(?).
If pocketing the balls is not an issue, then what is the issue?
I've watched pool for a lot longer than you have and I believe more matches are lost because the shooter missed a shot......not because he/she never got a shot.
I watched Niels Fejin VS Orcullo in a match over in Europe. Orcullo had the match cinched and then pooched a 6 ball and Niels wins it.
Of course pocketing the ball was an issue....wasn't it?
"The ubiquitous they" around here says you're an instructor now and any counsel I can get is always helpful.
Thank you.

Once you reach a certain skill level you have all the knowledge and skill required to pocket any shot. I'm not talking about low percentage shots, but any common open shot between straight in and 60° or thinner with consistent results. On super thin cuts there is usually a better option, unless you're great at those thin shots.

A solid player will miss shots occassionally, not because they don't know how to aim or how to pocket the ball, but because they might be dealing with other influential factors, like stress/nerves, lack of mental focus, sick, tired, doped up, drunk, complacent, ect...

I've noticed that most matches among better players are not lost due to missing a common/routine shot. They are lost due to a poorly executed safety, or missing a 2-way shot (a low percentage shot with a built-in safety) but not getting the safe portion just right, or you play a great safety but the other player pulls an incredible or lucky shot off and gets out, or your reply to a safety leaves the other player the game.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Being a low rated player like I am, it particularly is hard to grasp the concept(?).
If pocketing the balls is not an issue, then what is the issue?

You are surely NOT a low rated player. I specifically remember reading a post from you months ago about running 50+ balls in straights. I think you even gave CTE credit for you being able to finally run 100 balls.

So which is it? Do you even play at all?