Full Time Revo User Tried The Becue

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Full disclosure, I play fulltime with the 12.4mm radial Revo. Spoke to Predator and asked for a serious and truthfully answer about when the 11.8mm shaft was coming out and if they will make other pins for the shafts. Was told by the rep that the 11.8mm has been in testing and a couple people have them to test but production will most likely be a long way off due to them not having enough for the demand now. They were also planning on releasing a couple of other pins for the shaft but halted that plan as well for the same reason. They have so many on order from all their dealers they want to fill and catch up before they release anything else.

Now, I had plans on trying the Becue while at the expo because I completely forgot to find their booth last year.

Went and found Ricky on Thursday but he didn't have them as they were stuck in customs.

Went back today and he had some product and a table at the booth. Believe he had 2 regular dark matter breakers and 1 of the American Flag butt dark matter breakers. He also had 3 playing cues, one 5.1 shaft with the naked butt, one prime shaft with naked butt and a predator p3 butt with their newest Expo release special prime shaft with uniloc joint. Believe they are selling the uniloc joint shaft alone for a show special for $489?????(if I remember correctly)

Decided to hit some with the prime shaft on naked butt because I like the normal tapered shaft at 12.0mm. Cue hit very good IMO. Almost as good as my Revo. Cue also feels super light in your hands. Maybe it actually was as I didn't even remember to ask Ricky the weight. Cue was very LD as advertised and got lots of action on the cue ball with ease just like the Revo.

Even though I enjoyed, there is one major setback with why I would never buy one. It was a bit hot today between 70-80 there and I'm a really big guy so I was a bit sweaty. Had a hard time stroking smoothly because that white paint on the shaft is brutal. Never had that issue with any regular maple shaft I've used and definitely never with the Revo. I told Ricky about the issue and that if I ever decided to buy one I'd request getting one without the paint. His only recommendation was to try some with a glove which I believe Becue just came out with one of their own as well, but he couldn't locate it, not sure if the other guy testing the cue had it on or if someone walked away with it. Either way, I've never been a fan of a glove and certainly would never buy a shaft where I'd most likely need to buy a glove to shoot with it.

Overall, cue played great, not a collectors item like a fancy custom. Did what I expected after reading so much about it and watching some of the videos. Only downside for me was the smoothness of the shaft which is a huge issue for me.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Full disclosure, I play fulltime with the 12.4mm radial Revo. Spoke to Predator and asked for a serious and truthfully answer about when the 11.8mm shaft was coming out and if they will make other pins for the shafts. Was told by the rep that the 11.8mm has been in testing and a couple people have them to test but production will most likely be a long way off due to them not having enough for the demand now. They were also planning on releasing a couple of other pins for the shaft but halted that plan as well for the same reason. They have so many on order from all their dealers they want to fill and catch up before they release anything else.

Now, I had plans on trying the Becue while at the expo because I completely forgot to find their booth last year.

Went and found Ricky on Thursday but he didn't have them as they were stuck in customs.

Went back today and he had some product and a table at the booth. Believe he had 2 regular dark matter breakers and 1 of the American Flag butt dark matter breakers. He also had 3 playing cues, one 5.1 shaft with the naked butt, one prime shaft with naked butt and a predator p3 butt with their newest Expo release special prime shaft with uniloc joint. Believe they are selling the uniloc joint shaft alone for a show special for $489?????(if I remember correctly)

Decided to hit some with the prime shaft on naked butt because I like the normal tapered shaft at 12.0mm. Cue hit very good IMO. Almost as good as my Revo. Cue also feels super light in your hands. Maybe it actually was as I didn't even remember to ask Ricky the weight. Cue was very LD as advertised and got lots of action on the cue ball with ease just like the Revo.

Even though I enjoyed, there is one major setback with why I would never buy one. It was a bit hot today between 70-80 there and I'm a really big guy so I was a bit sweaty. Had a hard time stroking smoothly because that white paint on the shaft is brutal. Never had that issue with any regular maple shaft I've used and definitely never with the Revo. I told Ricky about the issue and that if I ever decided to buy one I'd request getting one without the paint. His only recommendation was to try some with a glove which I believe Becue just came out with one of their own as well, but he couldn't locate it, not sure if the other guy testing the cue had it on or if someone walked away with it. Either way, I've never been a fan of a glove and certainly would never buy a shaft where I'd most likely need to buy a glove to shoot with it.

Overall, cue played great, not a collectors item like a fancy custom. Did what I expected after reading so much about it and watching some of the videos. Only downside for me was the smoothness of the shaft which is a huge issue for me.

Ricky came to my house and let me play with the Becue.

I've told several people since that there is very little difference between the Becue and revo.

I can put 5 packs together playing 9 ball and 10 ball ghost on a regular basis on my 9' pro-am. Where I'm from, very, very few can beat the ghost, much less beat him 7-1 on regular basis.

What I'm saying is:

I know when I have a great performing cue in my hand. The Becue is for sure a great performing cue. Having said that, the revo is every bit as good.

Like you said, the Becue is not as smooth for the non-glove player but if a person can wear a glove there's no issues.

Bottom line:

If your in the market for a c.f. shaft and you don't like gloves, buy a revo. On the other hand, if you like gloves the Becue is an alternative, but not any better, equal performance.

Again:

NO Difference at all in the performance. I know some say they can tell a difference.....lol.....then again, the people that claim that are NOT putting 5 packs together in 9 ball and 10 ball and putting vids up in our ghost challenge thread. My revo is on there.

I like my revo but I also like Becue.

I may very well buy a Becue at some point if revo does not come out with a longer and thinner shaft. Like I said, performance is there.

Rake

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
couple of things

I have a Revo 12.9 or whatever it is with a radial pen ordered. I do not have a butt
to put in on and was wondering if is for a piloted joint. I think I will get a plain or
sneaky from Schmelke made to fit it and if I don't like it I can just sale the Revo
shaft and not be out much. The other thing I don't get is everyone's hate of talc.
I glove feels awful to me besides looking funny. If your hands are damp use a little
talc it's not poison. I've used it for 50 years all over the country and no one has
ever complained.
jack

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Revo 12.9 or whatever it is with a radial pen ordered. I do not have a butt
to put in on and was wondering if is for a piloted joint. I think I will get a plain or
sneaky from Schmelke made to fit it and if I don't like it I can just sale the Revo
shaft and not be out much. The other thing I don't get is everyone's hate of talc.
I glove feels awful to me besides looking funny. If your hands are damp use a little
talc it's not poison. I've used it for 50 years all over the country and no one has
ever complained.
jack
Talc dirties up the pool tables. Have you tried the finger wraps? Check them out on Seyberts. I've used a glove for years, but recently switched to the finger wrap, and I love them. Gives you the best of both worlds.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ever complained.
jack

Get a cross thread mid extension for your existing butts. I use my Revo on Uniloc,5/16-14 and Radial shafts

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a cross thread mid extension for your existing butts. I use my Revo on Uniloc,5/16-14 and Radial shafts

^^^^^^^^^ best way to go. Especially if you like cues that are 60" or longer that are forward balanced.

I'm really liking my revo with mid extension.

Rake

Last edited:

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There may be some difficulty getting the cross thread extension made because the Becue uses a metric thread pin and virtually none of the cue makers use metric threads. Shouldn't be a problem though if your cue maker can get the appropriate metric pin.

It is an extremely solid hitting shaft and very low deflection. The rep did say that they can make the shaft without the paint, but the material does not look like the Revo and they are leery that folks may not like the looks of it. It is more of a woven fabric than the Revo which looks like the material is wound around a form.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There may be some difficulty getting the cross thread extension made because the Becue uses a metric thread pin and virtually none of the cue makers use metric threads. Shouldn't be a problem though if your cue maker can get the appropriate metric pin.

It is an extremely solid hitting shaft and very low deflection. The rep did say that they can make the shaft without the paint, but the material does not look like the Revo and they are leery that folks may not like the looks of it. It is more of a woven fabric than the Revo which looks like the material is wound around a form.

You are correct. It is much harder to find extensions.....etc for the Becue than it is the revo.

And yes, the Becue and revo hit very well. Can't go wrong with either depending on color/smoothness and diameter preference.

Rake

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct. It is much harder to find extensions.....etc for the Becue than it is the revo.

And yes, the Becue and revo hit very well. Can't go wrong with either depending on color/smoothness and diameter preference.

Rake

I have a Becue extension coming shortly...can't wait.

I've always wanted to buy an extension for my cues, but never got around to it.

Now that I use the Becue all the time, I finally decided to get one.

I think I'm done with all my buying now, but you never know.

I have the Becue naked version cue, a Prime shaft, a 5.1 shaft, the weigh bolt/balance system, the Pandora case and, soon to be, the extension.

If anyone is ever in Hawaii, I'll be glad to let you try it and see how it plays before you invest in buying a high-dollar cue.

Aloha.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that you mention it, I do recall him telling me the cue I was hitting with had the " flag " butt. It was a dark reddish color. The weight was 18 oz. The shaft however I remember being a silverish color, not so much white but that could just be a matter of opinion I suppose. I tend to like thinner shafts, like 12 or a little smaller. The shaft on the Becue felt good and was at 12mm. They also had two breakers there to try out but I didn't try either .

As to the shafts and sweat - I too am one that sweats a fair amount and I was there Sat when it was in the mid 80's. I noticed he was wearing a glove and inquired about whether one was needed or not. He told me it was just a matter of preference as if you normally wear a glove you may want one but if you don't it wasn't a necessity. I've never hit one ball wearing a glove and this time was no different . I didn't notice the shafts being " sticky " at all nor did it affect my play in any way. I will however say NOTHING is quite as smooth as a freshly 3000 grit sanded maple shaft with just a touch of talc though.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Becue extension coming shortly...can't wait.

I've always wanted to buy an extension for my cues, but never got around to it.

Now that I use the Becue all the time, I finally decided to get one.

I think I'm done with all my buying now, but you never know.

I have the Becue naked version cue, a Prime shaft, a 5.1 shaft, the weigh bolt/balance system, the Pandora case and, soon to be, the extension.

If anyone is ever in Hawaii, I'll be glad to let you try it and see how it plays before you invest in buying a high-dollar cue.

Aloha.

I liked the becue extension I used. I think the becue plays better with the extension. Then again, to me, my revo plays better with extensions. I think most all cues play better with extensions unless they are custom made lengths to my liking.

I have nine extensions in all. Two of them are mid-cue extensions for revo and one butt extension for revo. The other six extensions are for various cues/pins.

My favorite is the 2" mid-cue extension made by Blokid here on AZB. I have a 4" mid-cue extension I would like even better but it rolls terrible so I never use it.

I do however have a 4" mid-cue and an 18" butt extension on order. I'm hoping they will be ready in next couple weeks or so.

When you first start using the extension it may seem a bit off but stay with it and you will get use to it and in the end not play without it. It just takes time for some. Then again, you may be one of those players that seem to have zero adjustment and improve very quick with extensions. Especially mid-cue extensions.

You sound like me, lol.....my cue buying days are over for sure. I'm tired of spending large amounts of cash on cues just because they were made by "x" cue maker.

The revo and the becue, will out perform any one of the customs I've ever owned or ever even hit a ball with. Like some, I have played with cues that cost upward of $15,000 and I cannot remember a one of them that performs as well as the revo or becue.

I have no idea how they will hold up long tern or how they will hold their value........but.........I do know they actually do "hit a ton"........."play lights out".........are ......"monster players" for real and not just because so and so made them or because I'm trying to sell them.

Hawaii, ahhhh, I wish.

Rake

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BeCue extension is very nice and I predict you will be very happy with it.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BeCue joint uses a simple 10mm 1.0 metric thread, which you can find at any hardware store.

wibo

Registered
see here, the Becue shaft without paint is not a problem and extremely smooth, smoother than wood can ever be ...

Attachments

• 20180321_180544.jpg
    20180321_180544.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 924
  • 20180321_180557.jpg
    20180321_180557.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 817

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
see here, the Becue shaft without paint is not a problem and extremely smooth, smoother than wood can ever be ...

Wait a second are you saying the white one you can feel the paint and this one you can't ? I was thinking they are all made the same way except adding colors in the process

so white is painted and you could feel the paint :confused:

and naked means no paint and is a different feel :confused:

This is so stupid if i'm correct never heard of making something like this two different ways

wibo

Registered
in my shaft's, the color was removed with sandpaper but as I heard you can also order directly without color. Without color, they are extremely smooth.