USPS is crooked

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Lost a cue in transit.
Months later it shows up for sale .
I don't know how their freaking workers at their hub or somewhere can hide a long package and take them home.
My suspicion is, these aholes have some pre-filled out labels and they re-label packages and get them sent to their place.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Lost a cue in transit.
I don't know how their freaking workers at their hub or somewhere can hide a long package and take them home.
My suspicion is, these aholes have some pre-filled out labels and they re-label packages and get them sent to their place.

If you call the cops, they'll help you figure that out

That's not USPS, I had a USPS sorting Depot worker slice tape on a triangle tube and pilfer a shaft. USPS paid the insurance without hesitation and called the cops, they caught the guy and pressed charges immediately.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost a cue in transit.

I honestly think someone should start a thread with where you even begin on this type of situation. I've never had it happen but I know that eventually it probably will. Personally, I have no idea where I would even begin after the shipping company (whoever it may be,) states that the package was "lost."

Just out of curiosity Joey, where did it show up for sale if you don't me asking?

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are people that do things like stalk delivery trucks and steal packages from them while the delivery is being made or from porches. Frustrating but at least there is insurance. If it turns out the seller works for UPS, the cops ought to be able to crack that case, but who knows how much effort they're willing to put in.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Packages actually usually don't get lost. That's just a euphemism. Sure, sometimes there is a natural disaster or something...but then they know a bunch of loss happened.

When one random package is "lost" it has been stolen.

I had a shaft stolen in shipping. Triangle box arrived empty.

If I see it for sale I will buy it...and I have friends all over the country that will be happy to go pick it up...:wink:

Honestly, call the police. Selling stolen goods is a crime.

I have two rules:

1) Pack well.
2) Insure the hell out of it.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy in Europe buys an 8K Scotty Cameron from a guy in Cali. He asks guy in Cali to declare it's value for far less on Customs paperwork. Ships it USPS International Express insured for 1K.

Putter is lost, and now guy in Europe files a Paypal claim for the loss. Paypal awards the buyer full amount he paid via Paypal and debits seller's account for the full 8K. Seller out putter and his 8K, insured for only 1K at buyers request.

The next week putter shows up on eBay for sale. Putter was bought at unclaimed luggage sale overseas. Buyer sold to Cameron dealer here in the States and he put it up on eBay. Putter sold on eBay for 7K.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not just USPS Joey, I have the same problem over here, lost a cue and a shaft in two separate shipments now. I suspect someone is looking for packages with my name on it...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never under-insure. Never under-declare value.

Well known cue makers might want to use a different name for shipping. A simple DBA registration would make it very legal.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Never under-insure. Never under-declare value.

Well known cue makers might want to use a different name for shipping. A simple DBA registration would make it very legal.

When you send overseas, you are asked to b/c of their crippling taxes.
And the USPS does not insure in a lot of countries anyway.
And USPS insurance is worth close to nothing .

Lesson here is, Fedex, DHL or USPS express only.

The whole package showed up on CL. The buyer and new owner had no idea they were stolen.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
seems like cues going out of your shop is now a target, Joey :).

I am glad I have a chance to have my Joey cue back, I lost my appetite for pool since it was lost in transit.

the person who got this cue now is reasonable and we worked out a solution, swift and satisfactory.

Cuong.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you send overseas, you are asked to b/c of their crippling taxes.
And the USPS does not insure in a lot of countries anyway.
And USPS insurance is worth close to nothing .

Lesson here is, Fedex, DHL or USPS express only.

The whole package showed up on CL. The buyer and new owner had no idea they were stolen.

I get it. :smile:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quote from some of my friends who work for the Post office and play pool.

We employ some of the biggest thieves you could ever hope to find. This applies to all shipping companies today unfortunately.

If you ship a cue and put to or from blank blank custom cues.
Hears your sign because no matter who you ship with, someone is looking for a way to take it. If you ship and it's going to be over the weekend. DON'T!
That's another invatation.
Express mail sucks. Split the cost. Insurance with signature.
Over seas. Nice guys finish last when you lie about the value. I'm told insurance is void when it leaves U. S. Borders. I don't know for sure.
Try to be smarter than the dishonest system your dealing with.
Paypal is a joke when you think about it. They don't protect the seller. End of story.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
A quote from some of my friends who work for the Post office and play pool.

We employ some of the biggest thieves you could ever hope to find. This applies to all shipping companies today unfortunately.

If you ship a cue and put to or from blank blank custom cues.
Hears your sign because no matter who you ship with, someone is looking for a way to take it. If you ship and it's going to be over the weekend. DON'T!
That's another invatation.
Express mail sucks. Split the cost. Insurance with signature.
Over seas. Nice guys finish last when you lie about the value. I'm told insurance is void when it leaves U. S. Borders. I don't know for sure.
Try to be smarter than the dishonest system your dealing with.
Paypal is a joke when you think about it. They don't protect the seller. End of story.
I still have no idea how the whole package ended up in Atlanta.
USPS must use some freaking overseas courier there.

USPS will not insure over $200 on most Asian and African countries .

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have no idea how the whole package ended up in Atlanta.
USPS must use some freaking overseas courier there.

USPS will not insure over $200 on most Asian and African countries .

Ever put a fan on the floor blowing towards you and pee in it without getting wet! Some things are out of our control.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes you need to get back to basics.
Paypal doesn't protect sellers eneogh.
GET RID OF THEM.
Western union, bank transfer. Good options. Pain in the ass. Maybe! But define pain when your in control of it.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Thanks Michael for your input.

Whatever shipping method, whatever payment method, trust and a mutual constructive cooperation is the foundation for all transaction.

We all try to sneaky here and there, paypal fees, shipping fees, import taxes etc. and it's true there are probs in every shipping system.

Joey, USPS puts international parcels on FedEx cargo planes, local Post Offices assume delivery on the other sides.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usps has got real bad

In the last 2 months, i have had a package snapped in half, shaft. 1 package with cue arrived empty, 1 package materials artived empty, 2 packages with cues lost, ( stolen). 5 packages lost, stolen, damaged within 60 days. The post ofgice might refund insurance on 2 of them. I really did not like sending original paperwork, no copys, what if they lose paperwork as they did the cues?
You dont have to prove value when you pay the high prices for insurance, but you better be able to prove value if you file claim. Last time i filed a claim it took 4 days short of 6 months to get my money.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Thats why i pay to get my cues overnighted
The less time in thier possession the better

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
The problem with shipping insurance is that many shippers dont insure "art" which high end cues can fall under plus for a potential successful insurance claim you'd better have a valid purchase receipt or it'll be tough to collect.

I dont own many cues anymore (8) but what I have is insured through a collectables insurance co ($375 annually for 85,000 coverage). Among theft and damage they also cover shipping anywhere with any shipper.

jkan101

jkan101
Silver Member
Here is a solution....I ship my cues in pvc pipe 2-3" diameter ---take a 4 foot piece cut it down to 38 inches ----buy 2 end caps and pvc glue.....glue the one end cap on the pipe...place the cue inside make sure it cant move with packing material around it, pack the 6-8 " free space with carboard and glue the other end cap on it...mark a line on the outside of the end with the carboard filler to show ur customer where to cut the cap off to remove the cue. I ship my cues thru the usps this way....insured....no problems so far.
If u try to ship them this way thru ups or fedex they will require you to place the pvc tube in a carboard triangular shipping box...