help posting information

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need help posting 3 large (1.5MB, 2.9MB, and 3.2MB) .pdf files to start a thread. The files are of many different cue catalogs that I obtained around 1990, and I would like to start a thread with the .pdf attached and have a Table of Contents post at the start of the thread with the maker/company names for people to use as a reference, and would ask others to post the locations of online catalogs, such as the Viking archived catalogs, McDermott, etc. I think it would be interesting to see how much info could be gathered for the purpose of informing the cue community in general. Any help would be appreciated. My email address is Scott.Benoit@apachecorp.com if you can assist. I will create a thread named "Archived Cue Catalogs" and start off with online links.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very excited about your idea. I sent you an email. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need help posting 3 large (1.5MB, 2.9MB, and 3.2MB) .pdf files to start a thread. The files are of many different cue catalogs that I obtained around 1990, and I would like to start a thread with the .pdf attached and have a Table of Contents post at the start of the thread with the maker/company names for people to use as a reference, and would ask others to post the locations of online catalogs, such as the Viking archived catalogs, McDermott, etc. I think it would be interesting to see how much info could be gathered for the purpose of informing the cue community in general. Any help would be appreciated. My email address is Scott.Benoit@apachecorp.com if you can assist. I will create a thread named "Archived Cue Catalogs" and start off with online links.

Upload them to dropbox/google drive/whatever, make them public and post a link. I know Google Drive lets you add email accounts to allow management and adding of files to a shared space. So people can send you their email, you can add them to the drive administrator and then they can add things in on their own.

VikingCueMfg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know what you have... if it is something Viking that I don't already have available, I should be able to add it right to my "cue archives" and Voila! it is posted.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know what you have... if it is something Viking that I don't already have available, I should be able to add it right to my "cue archives" and Voila! it is posted.

Thanks. I posted the link to your catalog archive on your web page, so I think we are good unless someone else has anything more to add at a later date. FYI I am waiting for a package as we speak containing an old Z or H240. Do you know if Viking made the points or were then made using WICO blanks? It has the chain link ringwork at the collar but the shaft looks to have been messed up. Can I have a new shaft with matching ringwork made, and if so, how much? You can PM with those details. Also have a W or X60. Not sure how to tell the difference between these two catalogs, if there is any.

VikingCueMfg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott... I just talked it over with the Production VP.

As far as the points... it was before his time, but he believes that Viking had the ability to do the points at that time. The Z about 1974 and the H 1978-81. Viking was in their new home on Syene Road and had dramatically expanded the production capabilities. There might be a clue under the wrap. Sometimes there were notes written there- absolutely no guarantee there are,but sometimes.

Ringwork on the Z or H240. Yes, we can match the ringwork (there have been several shades and variants of the ivories (IMA) over the years, we could match it as close as we can... we have a bunch to choose from ) and make you a new shaft. The VPro would be the most similar to what the cue came with, but the ViKORE would definitely be worth it if you were thinking about playing with it. I will PM you the price.

The W or X60. Yes they look very similar. Here are the notes I have about the differences- well it appears there is only one. The W and Championship line had "Viking Cue" in the window (1970ish). The X only had "Viking" in the window (1972ish)

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott... I just talked it over with the Production VP.

As far as the points... it was before his time, but he believes that Viking had the ability to do the points at that time. The Z about 1974 and the H 1978-81. Viking was in their new home on Syene Road and had dramatically expanded the production capabilities. There might be a clue under the wrap. Sometimes there were notes written there- absolutely no guarantee there are,but sometimes.

Ringwork on the Z or H240. Yes, we can match the ringwork (there have been several shades and variants of the ivories (IMA) over the years, we could match it as close as we can... we have a bunch to choose from ) and make you a new shaft. The VPro would be the most similar to what the cue came with, but the ViKORE would definitely be worth it if you were thinking about playing with it. I will PM you the price.

The W or X60. Yes they look very similar. Here are the notes I have about the differences- well it appears there is only one. The W and Championship line had "Viking Cue" in the window (1970ish). The X only had "Viking" in the window (1972ish)

Thanks for the info. Any way to tell between the Z and H?

VikingCueMfg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. Any way to tell between the Z and H?

Not that I am aware of... other than what someone would have paid for it new. There may have been some small differences in materials over the time period, but they would have been cosmetic and we really don't have records in that much detail.