Meucci hater likes “the pro” shaft and compared to revo and old wood

HeadCase

Banned
I’ve been an “old wood” “old growth” custom cue junkie forever. I have an extensive collection from top builders.

I have always hated predator and meucci.

For the last year I’ve been loving the revo 12.4. It’s simply amazing. Plays well. I installed a shark skin thermo Xhard tip on it) I simply have no wood shaft that’ll play as well. It pains me...as I have lots of gorgeous cues that’s I’d rather play with but I have to use what works best.

Recently i tried the meucci “pro” shaft. I must say that it’s pretty damn good. It certainly can’t kick the revo out of the case but all in all (coming from a meucci “non-fan”) it’s among the best solid wood shafts I’ve tried and is much lower deflection then you’d think.

Anyone else like these shafts.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I agree. The pro or ultimate weapon would be what I'd be using most likely if I wasn't using a Revo full time.

I'll throw another shaft in the mix that's awesome as well and that would be either ld shaft Pat Diveney is offering. His regular ld and the keilwood shaft play amazing too.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been an “old wood” “old growth” custom cue junkie forever. I have an extensive collection from top builders.

I have always hated predator and meucci.

For the last year I’ve been loving the revo 12.4. It’s simply amazing. Plays well. I installed a shark skin thermo Xhard tip on it) I simply have no wood shaft that’ll play as well. It pains me...as I have lots of gorgeous cues that’s I’d rather play with but I have to use what works best.

Recently i tried the meucci “pro” shaft. I must say that it’s pretty damn good. It certainly can’t kick the revo out of the case but all in all (coming from a meucci “non-fan”) it’s among the best solid wood shafts I’ve tried and is much lower deflection then you’d think.

Anyone else like these shafts.

I agree. I just had a custom cue made with a 31" Meucci Pro shaft and I love it.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Pro and the Ultimate Weapon. The Ultimate Weapon is even better but you will have to play more carefully due to the smaller tip diameter. Love them both.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Pro and the UW and have a friend who shoots with the Predator carbon fiber shaft. That shaft is nice, but I still prefer my Meucci's.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Pro and the Ultimate Weapon. The Ultimate Weapon is even better but you will have to play more carefully due to the smaller tip diameter. Love them both.
I considered the Ultimate Weapon but was turned off by it's too narrow of a diameter.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I considered the Ultimate Weapon but was turned off by it's too narrow of a diameter.

Yep. You have to really hit whitey spot on for center ball with it. I do like it's feel though because it is thinner in a closed bridge and it draws even better.