A new Bill Schick fresh off the lathe!

tommypabs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My new Schick has finally arrived! Stellar work from one of the greats. I asked for a 59” player and he delivered.
43604261-240A-4D0E-BE75-BBD63DB48BC5.jpg

9B97D729-D43F-4CB9-B27B-36AD5D5E2200.jpg

ED55B3A8-ECE4-42C5-A98C-B145938B224B.jpg

0D58DDD5-642F-474B-A8B4-877F6B129E03.jpg

4E409296-4313-4CEB-831C-134E90FF7973.jpg

tommypabs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those points are perfection.
Beautiful cue and great wrap choice!

Bill did a great job! He deliberately made the black veneers double thick on opposite sides. I am on the fence whether or not I like it, or would prefer all of the veneers to match exactly. I also asked for a 59" cue. I love it. I really prefer the extra inch. it makes a big difference. He really delivered a terrific player. It took me about three days to get used to. It was an easy transition.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Bill did a great job! He deliberately made the black veneers double thick on opposite sides. I am on the fence whether or not I like it, or would prefer all of the veneers to match exactly. I also asked for a 59" cue. I love it. I really prefer the extra inch. it makes a big difference. He really delivered a terrific player. It took me about three days to get used to. It was an easy transition.

Looks like he also used a thinner maple veneer in the double thick black points as well. Maybe to make sure the ebony centers aligned. I've heard about many strange requests from those ordering custom cues but not too many decided by the maker . Very unique. Just like Bill. :)

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would not be on the fence; I like it. Bill is my favorite cuemaker and he built my favorite cue. Mine is 57.5”. The only feature I would want in a second cue from him would be the extra length you have. Congratulations.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not seen Bill in a long while and was always wondering if he was still making time to get on the lathe.
Glad to see his work and I really appreciate the pictures being posted to the forum.
Beautiful cue.
Myron

tommypabs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not seen Bill in a long while and was always wondering if he was still making time to get on the lathe.
Glad to see his work and I really appreciate the pictures being posted to the forum.
Beautiful cue.
Myron
It is wonderful to know he is well and still building a few here and there. What baffles me is the imagination of the great cue makers. Total artists imho. How do they pump out original designs 30/40 years straight??? I am not implying this particular cue is one of his masterpieces. I asked for a nice 59” player and he nailed it for me. I just have so much love and respect for these guys and the work they do. Cue collecting will never get old for me!!