John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I know it seems like someone craps on every idea thrown out to make pool great again, but....

Willie Mosconi was a household name for decades before the record run. TV appearances, endorsements, championships that millions of people actually followed. And not long after the real surge of pool as family entertainment came along with him as the mascot.

The last time I saw one of the 526 limited signed lithographs on Ebay, it went unsold at $250 asking price.

I don't think 10% of people in a modern pool room could pick John out of a lineup. I'm not sure there are 626 people even willing to pay $3 for a John Schmidt trading card.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You are 100% correct...A $3, or even free, JS trading card? LOL, a bit delusional, IMO. The more I read here the less interested in JS and his run I get. Right now it's close to zero.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are 100% correct...A $3, or even free, JS trading card? LOL, a bit delusional, IMO. The more I read here the less interested in JS and his run I get. Right now it's close to zero.

I'm into sport cards and a quarter maybe 50 cents MAX!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John's team now projects an imminent 14-cities tour

Just a conjecture: A Houston venue will likely be one of the eventual national tour stops.

Arnaldo
Latest update received from John's team is that:

-- While a list of each of the specific cities in which the video will be presented isn't yet available, it's a certainty that in addition to many other regions of the country, his national tour will likely include most of the Sunbelt states and definitely Texas.

-- The tour's design is cleverly themed around the 14.1 subject matter as reflected in its new promotional tagline:

"14 Cities and 1 World Record Breaker"

-- Just as announced for the Ventura premiere showing of the video, in each of the tour's venues John will personally narrate the how’s and why's of all the things that led up to his 626.

Arnaldo

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard through the grapevine that Hank Hill is going for the record with numerous 600+ runs already. Bobby Hill is doing the HD recordings with Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer taking turns racking and witnessing.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
js6months and counting. Video muffed/fumbled. Damage to the real 14.1 Straight Pool/Continuous Mosconi526 record intolerable.
And 6 months of your life wasted obsessing over someone else's accomplishment.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Compare all my posts to yore's. You wasted ten times as much of your life. At least I have a life and can think and speak for myself.
There is no point here. You are obsessed to the point of delusion. If you really think I am more invested in this nonsense than you, much less 10 times as much, I simply can't help you.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play in any league and haven't been in a real pool room in 40 years (EXCEPT for watching some of the tourney in Des Moines in July last summer which was great!), so I don't know that I can speak to how successful such a tour would be.

I did find it interesting that I was talking to a couple guys I know that play in some leagues, go with their buddies to some small tournaments around and my mentioning I was going to make it a point to watch Shane, Alex, Corey and some others just meant pretty much nothing to them - they enjoy their league stuff but really have no connection to professional pool at all from what I could tell. Odd disconnect, but small sample.

Now, the fascinating time I spent in Pat Diveney's workshop last year one morning - wow, what an interesting guy and of course that connection is pretty obvious, but it was pretty cool just to learn and listen for awhile.

I hope the tour is a success but sensing even among pool folks from some of the back and forth on here it may not attract as much of an audience as he may be hoping for.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
157 posts about John's run since it happened and the recent addition of the fire alarm font color easily constitute a defacto and desperate cry for help.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Piedmont plateau...is that what the guy made out of all the garbage and such? In close encounters/ 3rd kind?

People thought Dreyfuss needed help as well but in the end that knuckle was right on.

Most people don’t know Richard Dreyfuss was a 700+ rated player when he made that movie. He also is a 500+ ball runner.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The data does not lie:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191116-123645.jpg
    Screenshot_20191116-123645.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 231

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You have to be a superuser..

You're just super...or a user.

Tbd.
Just why are you letting the muggles know about that?:angry:

And I would like to congratulate LF on his restraint.:clapping:

xradarx 12
JazzyJeff87 8
logical 8
couldnthinkof01 5
BeiberLvr 5
Cardigan Kid 4
one stroke 4
arnaldo 4
Black-Balled 4
jimmyg 3
Shuddy 3
Bob Jewett 3
jay helfert 3
DecentShot 3
Joe_Jaguar 2
lfigueroa 2
TX Poolnut 2
Cuebuddy 2
Johnny Rosato 2
Texas Carom Club 2

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. Is there a way to do it from within a thread? For example, I found the Mr 600 thread with a search, but once inside it, I don't see that button.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just why are you letting the muggles know about that?:angry:

And I would like to congratulate LF on his restraint.:clapping:

xradarx 12
JazzyJeff87 8
logical 8
couldnthinkof01 5
BeiberLvr 5
Cardigan Kid 4
one stroke 4
arnaldo 4
Black-Balled 4
jimmyg 3
Shuddy 3
Bob Jewett 3
jay helfert 3
DecentShot 3
Joe_Jaguar 2
lfigueroa 2
TX Poolnut 2
Cuebuddy 2
Johnny Rosato 2
Texas Carom Club 2

Those are rookie numbers! We gotta pump those numbers up!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Those are rookie numbers! We gotta pump those numbers up!

IM NUMBER 2!!!

Even with the same # of posts as logical I was put in 2nd. The algorithm must work on quality of content when it comes to ties in post counts. Of course I have now topped logical on quantity as well, but who’s counting?

I’d like to thank John Schmidt for running a bunch of balls, azhousepro for allowing me to post here unfettered, The Nemesis for all his stuff, and all that.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm calling this meeting to order right now. BAM! That's the sound of the gavel coming down. As the chairperson of the John Schmidt Investigation Team it is my obligation and duty to see that justice is done. Do you all swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Okay, now we can continue. The chair calls the honorable Robert Jewett from California. You will have five minutes sir. Mr. Johnson, you're next! :yes:

One last thing before we start. I'd like to remind you that this is a Straight Pool thread. There can be no mention of 9-Ball, One Pocket or any other billiard game other than Straight Pool.

Last edited: