Roger Pettit Story

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
My honey left for the weaken and I took her car and went to the 211 club. It was dead so ask Roger if he would like to go to yakima on Friday evening, and he said yes. We are in the Twin Bridges a all nite dive bar & truck stop and I started playing Russel for 5 a game. It was late and he had a case of beer in the truck and his wife would call and he would go have a beer. I won 275.
Then Shawn come in andRoger plays him a race to 5 for a hun. Shawn writes a check at the bar and they go again. Then he writes a check for 2 hun and get a hun and the first check.This goes on til 11 am and earlier Roger complained about being sharked, and I said quit. He ordered 2 big cinnamon rolls and 2 glasses of milk and said the man can never beat me. Roger was about 340 on the hoof and said many don't know that I am a marathon player. Then Shawn said he wants to play 8-ball a real to 3 for a hun. Roger runs 3 and he just racks em without flipping and Roger runs 2 more. Shawn shoots 1 time in 2 sets. He pays up and says he can only write 1 more check and want to pay when they are finished. Roger looks at me and I look at hime and we are done.
We stopped in seal and got a bucket of chicken for a family of 8 and it was just enough. He split the $$ with me and I told him I didnt want nothing. He said he would have stayed at the 211 all nit and he only had a hun when he started, and 15 hun at 1 am.
When he was being sharked I played the Jude box and the music he liked they hated to the turned it real low, sow I played what they like and he hated and it was blaring.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roger Pettit

Seems like 30 years ago that I went to the 211 Club and ran into Roger. We played a couple of sets and he beat me pretty good. Great player and a very nice guy.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like 30 years ago that I went to the 211 Club and ran into Roger. We played a couple of sets and he beat me pretty good. Great player and a very nice guy.
Yup, nicest guy ever. he has some pretty crazy stories from when he was younger!!
I have one of his sneaky Pete cues that is older than that!:smile:
Anyone know how to get in touch with Roger? I have a couple of cues I would like him to take a look at.