Fixing poorly installed rail cloth

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick question. How difficult is it for a professional to fix rail cloth that has wrinkles in the corners where the folds are?

Would you normally need new cloth or can it be adjusted?

Probably depend on how close to the staples it was trimmed?

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Just a quick question. How difficult is it for a professional to fix rail cloth that has wrinkles in the corners where the folds are?

Would you normally need new cloth or can it be adjusted?

Probably depend on how close to the staples it was trimmed?

Thanks,

Chris

Why are there folds in the corners? Sounds like a poor install. I would suggest new cloth.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the OP asking about wrinkles due to the folds underneath routed stapeling area and not folds showing on the bottom return of the cushions. I'm confused by his question. Pictures???? Mitch

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Wow, those are pretty bad!

Depends on how much excess cloth they trimmed off. If they cut it pretty short, it'll be tough to fix without stretching tight enough to distort the nose of the rubber.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see the problem now. Poor hack job on cloth installation. A good mechanic can try and restretch the cloth into place but as said, if trimmed too close there's not enough to grab without creating distortion...replace and redo. Mitch

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
man thats bad, even i didnt do that bad,on my first rail cloth job,

just some individual that does not care at all

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Ugly, nasty wrinkles that will make RKC want to smack the installer with a piece of slate

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot_2016-09-28-20-28-50_zps8a4zuwst.png

I looked at that picture then tasted a little vomit in my throat, was the guy blind of something? Man, even Hellen Keller could see those wrinkles from 20 feet!!!!

The mind picture I get of RKC picking up a chunk of slate by the edges and smacking your installer upside the head with it is priceless !!!!!! I am sorry for your troubles.

JC

Coos Cues
I'm confused? Why did RKC leave them like that? Was he just having a bad day or something?

JC

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused? Why did RKC leave them like that? Was he just having a bad day or something?

JC
I was just saying it is the type of thing he would be pissed off about, not that he ever worked on the table.