Pockets, cloth and cushions???

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I'm preparing to put new pockets, cushion rubber and cloth on my table. It's a 7' Olhausen. I'd like to try Championship cloth and cushions, as well as Hood pockets. I have factory pockets, cushion rubber (Accu-Fast) and 860 on it now.

My questions for you guys are, which type of Championship cloth and cushion rubber should I go with for a home table and what's your experience with aftermarket leather pockets compared to factory ones?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 447

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey guys,

I'm preparing to put new pockets, cushion rubber and cloth on my table. It's a 7' Olhausen. I'd like to try Championship cloth and cushions, as well as Hood pockets. I have factory pockets, cushion rubber (Accu-Fast) and 860 on it now.

My questions for you guys are, which type of Championship cloth and cushion rubber should I go with for a home table and what's your experience with aftermarket leather pockets compared to factory ones?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Why the new pockets and cushions, is there something wrong with what you've got?

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
Hey Glenn,

I was hoping you'd weigh in.

I have a couple of cushions that are a little "dead" in spots, but nothing major. I also have some pockets that are dried out and marking up the balls. I also figure if I'm changing the cloth, while everything is taken apart, I'll replace it all and it'll be good to go for a while.

Another major reason, if not the main one on the cloth/pockets is that my wife is looking to remodel the pool room and wants green cloth and mahogany/burgundy pockets and a fitted table cover to match the decor she has planned. Lol

Thanks,
Jeremy

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Olhausen uses Hood Leather pockets already, so they're going to be the same web you're used to, although you could change shield styles if you want.

The Accu-Fast rubber shouldn't go bad. Olhausen guarantees it for life, so if you DO have any dead rails, if you're the original owner of the table, that's a warranty thing. I would first check your rail bolts and make sure they are all still tight. Sometimes you can get a bolt that has loosened up and the rail absorbs too much of the impact of the ball making it seem like the rubber is not as lively as it should be. Also check and make sure there aren't loose spots in the cloth along the rail. Same concept.