Help with cue identification

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just picked this up in trade and would like to ID it if possible. Vintage plain jane with what appears to be Cortland wrap. 5/16X18 pin flat faced joint. Pin is 1" long. Joint collar is micarta and shaft has flat faced brass insert. Cue came to me from Florida if that helps any. Delrin buttsleeve and what appears to be non-original rubber bumper. 6 maple slots in joint rings.

Attachments

• unknown plain jane joint.jpg
    unknown plain jane joint.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 937
  • unknown plain jane whole cue.jpg
    unknown plain jane whole cue.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,018

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The joint ring and the pin suggest import but nothing else about it does and several features scream custom like that joint collar material, the wrap, and the butt cap.

Very interesting cue. Very strong sense it is a US made custom.

Can we see what is under the bumper?

The joint face where the collar meets the wood is a little sloppy, which concerns me for construction quality. It makes me wonder if this might be a hobbyist maker or perhaps the earlier work of someone who went on to become better.

I believe there were some Adam made cues that had these materials and design qualities but that is far from a guess at this point.

Very interesting cue. I do like it. I am hopping we can pin this one down.

PoppaSaun

Banned
The joint ring and the pin suggest import but nothing else about it does and several features scream custom like that joint collar material, the wrap, and the butt cap.

Very interesting cue. Very strong sense it is a US made custom.

Can we see what is under the bumper?

The joint face where the collar meets the wood is a little sloppy, which concerns me for construction quality. It makes me wonder if this might be a hobbyist maker or perhaps the earlier work of someone who went on to become better.

I believe there were some Adam made cues that had these materials and design qualities but that is far from a guess at this point.

Very interesting cue. I do like it. I am hopping we can pin this one down.

Those stitch rings, long white buttcap and dome bumper all scream 'Adam'.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks on the note to send pics to Showman. I did that this morning. Would be nice if it were a Tillis. I haven't had the chance to hit any balls with it yet but I am sure it is a player.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received note back that it is not a Tillis, but he thought it might be a Wayne Gunn or Derby cue. Any other thoughts or validation of either of these makers? Added more pics.

Attachments

• unknown plain jane bumper screw.jpg
    unknown plain jane bumper screw.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 566
  • unknown plain jane bumper.jpg
    unknown plain jane bumper.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 639
  • unknown plain jane buttcap and screw 1.jpg
    unknown plain jane buttcap and screw 1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 538
  • unknown plain jane joint pin.jpg
    unknown plain jane joint pin.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 657
  • unknown plain jane shaft insert.jpg
    unknown plain jane shaft insert.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 629

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One last pic of bumper on cue. It had two pretty large washers to add to the weight when I received it.