1960;s Rare George Balabushka

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bid 12K and find out...lol

All I will say is that the reserve should shock the winning bidder. You will probably never find a cue as unique as this one at any price. This cue is exceptionally rare and historic when you add it all up. On top of that, this is an un-restored example and has the documentation.

If someone wanted to own this cue, now is the time. I seriously doubt this cue will be any cheaper to own with the passing of time. How much would you expect to get for this cue?

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I talked to Greg Balabushka about this cue when he first reached out for market advice. As the story goes, he said his brother George Jr. begged their father often to build him a cue. Every chance he could but his dad wouldn't build him one. We can only speculate why. Until one day in what seemed out of no where George Sr. built this cue and gave it to Jr..... It's a very cool story and I think ads to it's desirability ....GLWS

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all i can say is someone stole it for 8,700 . i mean stole someone is a happy camper

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
What a special cue. And stolen for that price! It's a true testament to just how %100 warm crap soft the cue market is. I actually feel bad for the seller on this one.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to Greg Balabushka about this cue when he first reached out for market advice. As the story goes, he said his brother George Jr. begged their father often to build him a cue. Every chance he could but his dad wouldn't build him one. We can only speculate why. Until one day in what seemed out of no where George Sr. built this cue and gave it to Jr..... It's a very cool story and I think ads to it's desirability ....GLWS
Why does it say Josey 2018 on the butt ? or am I even blinder than I thought I was ?