International rules for 8 ball break

11am

Registered
I was playing with a friend who elected to use international break rules in our 8 ball game. The ruling states that upon breaking,at least four balls must reach a rail beyond mid table, and if any balls are pocketed, the table is still OPEN until the NEXT ball of choice is pocketed. I asked a hypothetical question, having never played with this format before, but i had seen it used from time to time in sanctioned pro tour play. IF you are not allowed to declare a suit, low or high,after pocketing both, but must declare by pocketing the next shot ONLY, then what happens in the highly unlikely, yet possible event of pocketing, for example, 7 low balls on the break, and the cue rests in a position to easily pocket the 8? Under this ruling, I would I be forced to shoot the only remaining balls (the high) and my opponent gets rewarded with the 7 lows I miraculously pocketed on the break, there by punishing the player who achieved an incredible break? This question arouse because I had pocketed 3 low balls and no high balls, on my break, and the cue came to rest in an unplayable, hooked position? He then took the low balls on the next shot.What is the actual ruling in this situation. A player should ALWAYS be rewarded for pocketed balls on a break, as the break is critical in higher caliber play, where no push out is allowed. I understand that the only option in this situation is to play a safety. Just curious