Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Estimate of your overall gambling record
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#46)
The Kiss
AzB Silver Member
The Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-04-2015, 12:47 PM

For a long time I had a few fish that were guaranteed paydays for me. So long term I was ahead. Unfortunately the pool scene has dried up and the only players left play my speed or better. So it has been harder to make money I'd say I am down a thousand or two lifetime lifetime.

If I made a nice score I'd buy myself something nice that I wanted, to keep the money out of someone elses pocket

I never played in bars with easy money had I chosen to do that I would be up more than I lost

Old
  (#47)
edep12
AzB Silver Member
edep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((Satori))) View Post
Sports have been bad to me too. I have had many wtf moments that could have put me up if only.

One time I was betting a good chunk, at least for me, on college football, giving up 19 1/2. My team was up 13 on about their own 20 with maybe a minute left. Out of nowhere they break a run through the middle and he goes all the way in for the touchdown, I am pumped,,, celebrating... I cant believe it. Then I see that they are lining up to go for two. WTF! There is little time left, the only possible reason I can think that they would go for two is because they somehow know that I am giving up 19 1/2. Of course the QB throws a pass way out of the end zone and I lose the bet by 1/2 a point and I go from from expecting to lose, to incredibly excited, to very dazed in no time flat. I still bet on the games every now and then though.

I still have time to end up overall.
Not exactly the true definition of a "gambling" story per se, but the "bad beat" story that stays with me most through the years was from the late 90's.

I was in the military, stationed in AZ and was in an NCAA March Madness basketball pool. It was only like $10-$20 to enter but there were so many people in it the payout for winning was pretty good money. I hit on almost every team I picked on that pool and was wired to win that thing early (pretty unusual in a pool w/that many people) and all I needed to do from the Elite 8 on was for the University of AZ to lose.

Most of the locals in the pool had AZ going to the Final 4 or winning the Championship, so as soon as they were eliminated, so were the only people who could mathematically catch me and keep me from winning the pool. Longer story short, AZ won it all that year. And to further rub salt in the wounds, in order to win, they had to do something that had never been done before. No team had EVER beat 3 No. 1 seeds in a single tourney before while winning the title, so they were the underdog in nearly every game they played. So...yeah, I was counting that money for quite some time waiting for what was sure to be their inevitable demise. What made it even worse was that fact that if you have ever been to that part of the country, the University of AZ sports teams is really all they have to root for athletically, so it was all over the local TV coverage, newspapers, etc...you couldn't get away from it. Yeah, that one still stings a bit.

Old
  (#48)
ExilePreacher
Equal Opportunity Gadfly
ExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond reputeExilePreacher has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Umm...this is all info that Johnny has written about...and very well, I might add.

The nice thing about winning at gambling, Dave, is never having to say you're sorry.
....they couldn't lose a dime if they weren't trying to take yours.

There ARE conditions I won't gamble under...people that went to school on a short bus...
....or people who have mental problems.
Hell I ain't met many pool players that don't have some kind of mental problem. If you throw in booze and drugs the list gets even shorter. Over the years the toughest matches I've had have been with guys nuttier than a squirrel turd! If you take out the nutters you can rarely gamble at all. However, since most of the truly "sh!thouse rat" crazy ones are usually world beaters I don't blame you for avoiding THEM.

"It is in the blood of genius to love play for its own sake, and whether one uses one's skill on thrones or women, swords or pens, gold or fame, the game's the thing." (Gelett Burgess)

"Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
vanity of vanities! All is vanity." (Ecclesiastes 1:2)

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: