Estimate of your overall gambling record

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Gambling on pool probably around $20,000-$30,000, if you add in gambling as far as cards and other gaming I would say probably tack on another $70,000-$80,000 so I am figuring a $100,000 in the past ten years.

Maybe I shouldn't have warned you not to play Matt? :rotflmao:

I will confess to losing a hundy to him, but it really was just a donation. He was in need...

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You sure do like asking personal questions...

Umm...this is all info that Johnny has written about...and very well, I might add.

The nice thing about winning at gambling, Dave, is never having to say you're sorry.
....they couldn't lose a dime if they weren't trying to take yours.

There ARE conditions I won't gamble under...people that went to school on a short bus...
....or people who have mental problems.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Umm...this is all info that Johnny has written about...and very well, I might add.

The nice thing about winning at gambling, Dave, is never having to say you're sorry.

There ARE conditions I won't gamble under...people that went to school on a short bus...

I sent you a PM. What I said has nothing to do with Johnny.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bleeder- def. - a highly accomplished pool player/gambler that is amazingly tough for the cash & seldom books a loser due to aforementioned skills & knowledge of how to match up, BUT tends to take winnings made on his own skill and wagers on sports events he has no control over and seldom winning as his skills at picking a winner at a sports book seems inversely proportional to his skills of booking his pool match ups.

Source-My old man as I watched him collect $ on a match he just won on the table and then hand his winnings to Max the book, a fixture in my old mans hall when I was a kid. When I asked him why he gave Max his pool winnings he looked at me stoically and said, "NFL, I'm a bleeder".

This is brilliant. Excellent piece of writing. :thumbup:

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a long time I had a few fish that were guaranteed paydays for me. So long term I was ahead. Unfortunately the pool scene has dried up and the only players left play my speed or better. So it has been harder to make money I'd say I am down a thousand or two lifetime lifetime.

If I made a nice score I'd buy myself something nice that I wanted, to keep the money out of someone elses pocket

I never played in bars with easy money had I chosen to do that I would be up more than I lost

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sports have been bad to me too. I have had many wtf moments that could have put me up if only.

One time I was betting a good chunk, at least for me, on college football, giving up 19 1/2. My team was up 13 on about their own 20 with maybe a minute left. Out of nowhere they break a run through the middle and he goes all the way in for the touchdown, I am pumped,,, celebrating... I cant believe it. Then I see that they are lining up to go for two. WTF! There is little time left, the only possible reason I can think that they would go for two is because they somehow know that I am giving up 19 1/2. Of course the QB throws a pass way out of the end zone and I lose the bet by 1/2 a point and I go from from expecting to lose, to incredibly excited, to very dazed in no time flat. I still bet on the games every now and then though.

I still have time to end up overall.:)
Not exactly the true definition of a "gambling" story per se, but the "bad beat" story that stays with me most through the years was from the late 90's.

I was in the military, stationed in AZ and was in an NCAA March Madness basketball pool. It was only like $10-$20 to enter but there were so many people in it the payout for winning was pretty good money. I hit on almost every team I picked on that pool and was wired to win that thing early (pretty unusual in a pool w/that many people) and all I needed to do from the Elite 8 on was for the University of AZ to lose.

Most of the locals in the pool had AZ going to the Final 4 or winning the Championship, so as soon as they were eliminated, so were the only people who could mathematically catch me and keep me from winning the pool. Longer story short, AZ won it all that year. And to further rub salt in the wounds, in order to win, they had to do something that had never been done before. No team had EVER beat 3 No. 1 seeds in a single tourney before while winning the title, so they were the underdog in nearly every game they played. So...yeah, I was counting that money for quite some time waiting for what was sure to be their inevitable demise. What made it even worse was that fact that if you have ever been to that part of the country, the University of AZ sports teams is really all they have to root for athletically, so it was all over the local TV coverage, newspapers, etc...you couldn't get away from it. Yeah, that one still stings a bit.

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member

Hell I ain't met many pool players that don't have some kind of mental problem. If you throw in booze and drugs the list gets even shorter. Over the years the toughest matches I've had have been with guys nuttier than a squirrel turd! If you take out the nutters you can rarely gamble at all. However, since most of the truly "sh!thouse rat" crazy ones are usually world beaters I don't blame you for avoiding THEM.