Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page another honest review of the hustlers

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
another honest review of the hustlers
Old
  (#1)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

another honest review of the hustlers - 06-19-2015, 08:01 PM

best show so far.
when you need to see a couples therapist for pool, we got problems.
big up for jennifer to tell the other guy off, bearded idiot.
gary is volitile, big ups to greg for defending his wife. gary going after a guy 100 pounds thinner is a coward, not a tough guy.
lol, don't we all get sharked when we're losing??
nice little comeback from jennifer.
gary needs a drink. recovering alcoholic, now you know why he drank in the first place.

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Old
  (#2)
Solomon
AzB Silver Member
Solomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2015, 09:29 PM

I'm glad that Jen won that match because I think she can easily be in the top 3 when it comes to the cast of the show. Let's be honest, with Mike D in the mix it's really a list to see who's number 2 through 9.

I can appreciate Jen checking Gary's buddy for standing in front of her while she was shooting because that can be distracting and is a form of sharking. Her telling him that it isn't polite to clap and say nice shot after she missed a shot seemed a little petty to me (but that's just me).

I was glad to see Gregg stand up for Jen, but he seemed timid and uncomfortable when Gary first got in his face.

Overall, the show is getting better and I look forward to upcoming episodes.

Old
  (#3)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2015, 09:50 PM

I get the feeling that they sent in Gary's buddy on purpose, because of hostilities between him and other players. Like a crew member gone bodyguard .

Just sayin

Old
  (#4)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bond View Post
I get the feeling that they sent in Gary's buddy on purpose, because of hostilities between him and other players. Like a crew member gone bodyguard .

Just sayin
I loved the line when the beard dude was mouthing off and Finnegan goes "who are you?"
The bearded dude replies "I'm right here" as he squares up. Finnegan waves him off and walks away.
Hysterical.

Old
  (#5)
Frankenstroke
2 Gus Szamboti cues

Frankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2015, 06:18 PM

Here's my review of The Hustlers...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

"Game not in paddle. Game in you."
Balls of Fury (2007)

Old
  (#6)
riding9
AzB Silver Member
riding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2015, 07:27 PM

I noticed a few times where I thought the ball would scratch and they fast forward to the next shot. I'm thinking because it did scratch and that's not how they wanted the outcome. Does anyone have evidence if these matches are predetermined?

Old
  (#7)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-21-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riding9 View Post
I noticed a few times where I thought the ball would scratch and they fast forward to the next shot. I'm thinking because it did scratch and that's not how they wanted the outcome. Does anyone have evidence if these matches are predetermined?
It's been said they are not, but only the ones there would know and they could very well be under a gag order not to say much.

They do edit the videos quite a bit so it's hard to know what happened for sure.

I am not sure exactly how good these players are, but they showed them running several racks quite a few times which may or may not be their true speed.

They do a good job of not dogging every shot with cameras and the rest of the players talking all the time. I am pretty sure I'd miss some easy shots there.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#8)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 02:33 AM

The more the show goes on the more I dislike Gary. Maybe it's the show but he such a ball baby. He's rude when other people are playing and then complains when he feels other people are rude lol or when everyone is against him. Waaaaa I thought it was the best show so far.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#9)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 05:48 AM

So much for a honest review

Old
  (#10)
decent dennis
AzB Silver Member
decent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond reputedecent dennis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-22-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I'm glad that Jen won that match because I think she can easily be in the top 3 when it comes to the cast of the show. Let's be honest, with Mike D in the mix it's really a list to see who's number 2 through 9.

I can appreciate Jen checking Gary's buddy for standing in front of her while she was shooting because that can be distracting and is a form of sharking. Her telling him that it isn't polite to clap and say nice shot after she missed a shot seemed a little petty to me (but that's just me).

I was glad to see Gregg stand up for Jen, but he seemed timid and uncomfortable when Gary first got in his face.

Overall, the show is getting better and I look forward to upcoming episodes.
A form of sharking!!! Thats all this show is about. Everyone of them talk including Jennifer.

Old
  (#11)
Solomon
AzB Silver Member
Solomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond reputeSolomon has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decent dennis View Post
A form of sharking!!! Thats all this show is about. Everyone of them talk including Jennifer.
I can deal with talking while I'm shooting. Most of the places I play has a jumble juke box playing in the background. If I'm really distracted, I'll throw on some headphones and zone out. Maybe that's just me though.

Old
  (#12)
bdorman
Dead money
bdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
The more the show goes on the more I dislike Gary. Maybe it's the show but he such a ball baby. He's rude when other people are playing and then complains when he feels other people are rude lol or when everyone is against him. Waaaaa I thought it was the best show so far.
I haven't watched the series but your comment gives me hope that it might succeed. Success will not be based on pool; it will be based on the players eliciting the viewers emotions.

The more I practice, the luckier I get. --- Gary Player

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. --- Abraham Lincoln

Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers. --- Voltaire

Old
  (#13)
Skippy27
AzB Silver Member
Skippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I can appreciate Jen checking Gary's buddy for standing in front of her while she was shooting because that can be distracting and is a form of sharking.
If you shoot in pool halls/bars and are at the level these people are, you should not have a distraction of someone walking around a table or talking.

I am no where close to them in skill and you can be dancing in front of the pocket or screaming at me and I will still be able to focus the shoot because I play in bars and that is what people do.

Old
  (#14)
calcwby4u
AzB Silver Member
calcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2015, 10:46 AM

I guess I don't get to the pool halls like most of you since there aren't any in my area of the country ... but IF that show represents what's going on in pool halls around the country .... IT'S THE DUMBEST F__KING SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN ....

Old
  (#15)
Skippy27
AzB Silver Member
Skippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2015, 10:50 AM

My honest review is that I like the show, but Amy and Gary need to take it down a few notches and they really need to stop setting up the table by moving balls. That is really beginning to annoy me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: