Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How long does it take for your APA stats...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How long does it take for your APA stats...
Old
  (#1)
drv4
AzB Silver Member
drv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How long does it take for your APA stats... - 07-21-2015, 07:20 PM

To be updated after your night of play?

When I started 2 years ago, our old league operator would have the stats updated by the night after our matches were played. Now with the new league operator often we are waiting (I play Wednesdays) til Tuesdays or sometimes even during the day the following Wednesday. I've heard NAPA has an app that basically updates in real time directly after matches are played. That would be sweet, and you would think with all of the APA money they could have an app developed. This isn't a huge deal to me, just annoying when we are wondering if people are going to change SL and with summer we have people missing more often, so it's hard to prep for the 23 rule.

Old
  (#2)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drv4 View Post
To be updated after your night of play?

When I started 2 years ago, our old league operator would have the stats updated by the night after our matches were played. Now with the new league operator often we are waiting (I play Wednesdays) til Tuesdays or sometimes even during the day the following Wednesday. I've heard NAPA has an app that basically updates in real time directly after matches are played. That would be sweet, and you would think with all of the APA money they could have an app developed. This isn't a huge deal to me, just annoying when we are wondering if people are going to change SL and with summer we have people missing more often, so it's hard to prep for the 23 rule.

Lol, that is a common problem. They scramble at the last moment to get it done.

Snowflakes in Hawaii meltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
This may sound smug on my part

Old
  (#3)
pogmothoin
AzB Gold Member
pogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-21-2015, 09:03 PM

I agree that the APA is behind the times when it comes to having a scoring app. I think LO's would love it as it would save them some serious data entry time.

Old
  (#4)
jojopiff
AzB Silver Member
jojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2015, 09:38 PM

It's completely dependent on the system the LO uses. Does s/he have you mail them in? Does s/he have drop box and he picks them up? How often does s/he pick them up, ie how big of an area does he have to drive and how long does it take? Our LO uses drop boxes and he picks them up 2x per week (I believe) so he does data entry that evening and the next morning. It takes him 3+ hours to hit all the bars with drop boxes so he's not willing to do this daily, and I don't blame him at all.

As far as having a system like NAPA, it's not really feasible I don't believe. APA LO's have to look into the numbers, as they are supposed to make sure people aren't manipulating the system (they're supposed to anyway). There's a term but it slips my mind(no, not sandbagging), basically, it's determined by HOW they win and lose.

So, to answer the OP, I play on Thursday's and ours are updated Wednesday morning/mid-morning as well as the people who play on Wednesday's. So theirs are last minute also.

I ran a BCA league with 6 teams (3 matches) and I had people take a picture of the score sheet and then mail original and money in to me. Out of 25 weeks or so, I'd say all 3 score sheets (I'm on a team so 1 was guaranteed) made it to me that night (via picture text or email) probably 5-7 times. People are lazy and won't send me a picture. Then I have to wait on the mail and then sometimes I'm busy so it'd be 1-2 days before league, instead of the next day had it been texted to me the night of. Something to remember, you're relying on others to turn theirs in on time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
...But sweating the wrong side is better than not sweating at all.
Fact: unless you're willing to back an opinion with cash nobody cares
- Todd Fuhrman

Old
  (#5)
jeffj2h
AzB Silver Member
jeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2015, 09:43 PM

I play APA Thursdays. Drop box for scoresheets. Usually web is updated Monday. Sometimes Tuesday.

Old
  (#6)
It's George
Bet Something!!!

It's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond reputeIt's George has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2015, 09:47 PM

I play on Tuesday and usually see updates Monday night.

Old
  (#7)
buckshotshoey
AzB Silver Member
buckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 01:14 AM

Play on Monday.....Drop box...website updated usually by Friday night.
You have to understand that some LO's have full time jobs or businesses to run.
I just try to use a little patience. As long as I have the info I need at least a day before the
match, all is good. We usually don't have to worry about going over handicap. So looking at the
score sheet when arriving at the match is good enough for me.

Playing cue...OB17EMW OB1+ shaft. Morri hard.
Playing cue...Predator Icon 1-1 ... 314-2 shaft
Morri hard tip
Playing cue...Viking Millennium (VM25)
Everest tip
Jump/break...Players S-PJB5

"Second place is just another way of saying FIRST PLACE LOSER"

Old
  (#8)
RoadHustler
AzB Silver Member
RoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 06:25 AM

If I play Monday they update Wednesday or Thursday after my league operator picks up the packets. If I play Thursday it's updated Sunday or Monday. His area is pretty big geographically so I get it. Probably drives 4 hours a week minimum.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Garrett Williams
blog.roadhustler.com
twitter.com/Rdhustler

You have a right to play, not a right to win.

Old
  (#9)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 06:33 AM

The NOLA APA usually takes 6-7 days to update stats. There are league matches Monday through Thursday in my division, so I can understand why it takes so long. They basically update the stats, the day of, when it really matters. Seeing it early is fine and dandy, but isn't necessary.

Hell, we're lucky they just started showing more data, specifically points per match.

2pack Dave - World Class "C Player"
My man crush Monday is Matt Spina

Old
  (#10)
WoodyMPW
AzB Silver Member
WoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 06:43 AM

Thursday morning every week.

Old
  (#11)
madhatter44
AzB Silver Member
madhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond reputemadhatter44 has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 08:03 AM

Score sheets for the following week by Thursday. Not until the following week Friday or Saturday for rest of Stats.

Main Player Tim Scruggs
Back up Sugartree
Breaker OB Rift

Old
  (#12)
calcwby4u
AzB Silver Member
calcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond reputecalcwby4u has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 09:28 AM

Who cares ... APA sucks ...

Old
  (#13)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcwby4u View Post
Who cares ... APA sucks ...

2pack Dave - World Class "C Player"
My man crush Monday is Matt Spina

Old
  (#14)
WillyCornbread
Break and One
WillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond reputeWillyCornbread has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 09:47 AM

Ugh.. My APA league sucks - the tables are all complete garbage, obstructed by walls and restaurant patrons, bunched up cloth at the pockets and balls that are worn down to marbles - stats are currently 2+ WEEKS behind. So I'm playing at a SL that may or may not even be accurate.

I wish there were options but it's either this league or no league for me

b

Old
  (#15)
pogmothoin
AzB Gold Member
pogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2015, 11:20 AM

Doesn't sound like an APA problem Willy, sounds like a room (or lack thereof) problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: