Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Biggest myths in pool today
Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
Pidge
AzB Silver Member
Pidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-23-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
It should be. Call pocket and call safe. Nine ball is way way way too lucky. Even at the highest levels the rolls often determine the winner instead of skill.

I play it both ways and when it's call pocket/call safe I win more against players who are about my speed.
If you are playing players at your speed shouldn't you win about the same percentage of the time regardless of the rules? Or are you one of those players that never seem to get good rolls or any luck?

Myth... I always get unlucky rolls and my opponent always gets lucky. :-)

Old
  (#92)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
10-23-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
If you are playing players at your speed shouldn't you win about the same percentage of the time regardless of the rules? Or are you one of those players that never seem to get good rolls or any luck?

Myth... I always get unlucky rolls and my opponent always gets lucky. :-)
Perhaps I should clarify a few things. When I say my speed I mean that both players can run out an open rack about equally well but one of us might be better at kicking, banking or playing safe.

So assume I am the one who is better at kicking.

When we play lucky nine ball and I play them safe they can kick it and get lucky and leave me no shot or by making it.

If they get safe then I am then at a disadvantage because even if I kick them safe on purpose they still have the opportunity to get lucky just blasting away.

But in the same situation they have to make a decision to either try to play safe or go for the shot and this means that they are a disadvantage because of the their lack of skill and I have an advantage because I have more skill in that area.

So, on net, playing the same players, I win more often when it's call shot/call safe than when it's all luck counts. I believe where players are relatively equal call shot/call safe games do more to refine and reward the small differences in skill.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#93)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-23-2015, 08:05 AM

Thank god the NBA has the rule where the ball must go directly into the net without touching the rim or backboard. Now we just need to make it mandatory to call alley-oops

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: