Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Any Daz vs earl updates?
Page 6 of 15 « First 456 78 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
05-08-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBme View Post
If Earl had to put up his own $10k, do you think he'd still be giving all those games away?
Just a thought.
In reality, Daz was going to get out most of those games but one set where he raked 3-4 games-it was a 9-8 set and the raking probably made the difference in the set.

PS- Earl and Daz's side each posted $5k

Old
  (#77)
SLIM
AzB Silver Member
SLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

05-08-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((Satori))) View Post
I think the guy was a little too sensitive myself.
have you ever been at a match when earl is acting this way?
when a grown man is standing there making a total ass of himself it can be very uncomfortable.
you try to ignore it, you try to sympathize, then he says something directly to you that pi$$es you off & you want to knock him out.
unless you are really there you have no idea, it is a lot different than watching it on a stream.
being sensitive has nothing to do with it.

slim

TRY NOT TO ARGUE WITH IDIOTS BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL & THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

Old
  (#78)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member
(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-08-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIM View Post
have you ever been at a match when earl is acting this way?
when a grown man is standing there making a total ass of himself it can be very uncomfortable.
you try to ignore it, you try to sympathize, then he says something directly to you that pi$$es you off & you want to knock him out.
unless you are really there you have no idea, it is a lot different than watching it on a stream.
being sensitive has nothing to do with it.

slim
Being sensitive has everything to do with his being so uncomfortable that he has to leave. If you think Earl's behavior would cause me to feel like you described then you are incorrect sir. I would have fun with it.

Old
  (#79)
SLIM
AzB Silver Member
SLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond reputeSLIM has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Being sensitive has everything to do with his being so uncomfortable that he has to leave. If you think Earl's behavior would cause me to feel like you described then you are incorrect sir. I would have fun with it.
okay. you the man.

TRY NOT TO ARGUE WITH IDIOTS BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL & THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

Old
  (#80)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member
(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
okay. you the man.
That comment felt a little sarcastic. I think I'll leave now this is getting a little uncomfortable.

Old
  (#81)
SLIM
AzB Silver Member

05-08-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
That comment felt a little sarcastic. I think I'll leave now this is getting a little uncomfortable.
that is the mature thing to do.

Old
  (#82)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member

05-08-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
that is the mature thing to do.
Not when it's an overreaction.

Old
  (#83)
SLIM
AzB Silver Member

05-08-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((satori))) View Post
not when it's an overreaction.
i understand what you think you would have done, but you were not actually there.
those who have not been attendance when earl is melting down have no idea what the situation is like.
No one was having fun with it.
insults get shouted, tempers flare, believe me it immediately escalates to a level where just about everyone in the room is either pi$$ed off or uncomfortable.

No one was doing anything to cause the situation except earl.
I can gaurentee you that any spectator that would have purposely been causing distraction for either player would have been dealt with very quickly by chad, the owner of the venue & sponsor of the event.

leaving an event because you are not enjoying it for whatever reason is not an over reaction.

the sponsors of the event want it to go smoothly because they have a lot at stake.

Old
  (#84)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
i understand what you think you would have done, but you were not actually there.
those who have not been attendance when earl is melting down have no idea what the situation is like.
No one was having fun with it.
insults get shouted, tempers flare, believe me it immediately escalates to a level where just about everyone in the room is either pi$$ed off or uncomfortable.

No one was doing anything to cause the situation except earl.
I can gaurentee you that any spectator that would have purposely been causing distraction for either player would have been dealt with very quickly by chad, the owner of the venue & sponsor of the event.

leaving an event because you are not enjoying it for whatever reason is not an over reaction.

the sponsors of the event want it to go smoothly because they have a lot at stake.
You know it is out of hand uncomfortable when the owner (Chad) takes the Mic for the sole purpose of apologizing to the fans for Earl's behavior. If you were there, you probably were not aware of that. Ive seen a lot of streams and never an apology like that.

Old
  (#85)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2016, 07:03 AM

Wow sorry I missed yesterday.
I sent Earl a tweet to cheer him up........We'll see how that works.

Old
  (#86)
cueenvy
AzB Silver Member
cueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond reputecueenvy has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Earl has a mental illness. Nothing anybody can say will make him think he's not being persecuted. It's a way he handles pressure now, albeit a dysfunctional way of handling it. He tries to get motivated by putting himself against the world. Under that pressure he typically cracks. He gives himself an excuse to lose. It's shameful behavior, but he cannot control it. If pool had a players union or major sponsor, his behavior could be regulated. Instead, sadly, we get a front row seat to watch a champion self destructing. I wish he had someone who could turn this around for him because he's incapable of doing it on his own.

Old
  (#87)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

05-08-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueenvy View Post
Earl has a mental illness. Nothing anybody can say will make him think he's not being persecuted. It's a way he handles pressure now, albeit a dysfunctional way of handling it. He tries to get motivated by putting himself against the world. Under that pressure he typically cracks. He gives himself an excuse to lose. It's shameful behavior, but he cannot control it. If pool had a players union or major sponsor, his behavior could be regulated. Instead, sadly, we get a front row seat to watch a champion self destructing. I wish he had someone who could turn this around for him because he's incapable of doing it on his own.
His situation is not new-decades old. There have been quite a few who have tried to help him- some smart successful people among them. Hasn't worked obviously. Not sure anything would work as for the most part, as you imply, it really only surfaces significantly during matches. Many conditions like his worsen with age (e.g. Howard Hughes) which doesn't help. Additionally, I'm GUESSING anything that would work during pressure play would take his game down a notch.

Once again -just a know-nothing railbird's opinion.

Old
  (#88)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-08-2016, 07:50 AM

My understanding is in the rematch, they will play with no side pockets, straight jackets and ass weights. Earl is favored 3 -1 in the Action Room.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#89)
murdoc23
AzB Silver Member
murdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond reputemurdoc23 has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Isn't it possible all of Earl's antics are completely calculated, and intentional in an effort to make his opponent uneasy and disrupt their momentum?

Bet Your Ass It's Bluegrass!

Old
  (#90)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

05-08-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc23 View Post
Isn't it possible all of Earl's antics are completely calculated, and intentional in an effort to make his opponent uneasy and disrupt their momentum?
not one chance in a million. I have to assume you have never seen him more than a time or 2 or just lack perception.

Not to mention, he lost a $100k/yr sponsor due to his antics-wouldn't be a real good trade-off.

Last edited by Nostroke; 05-08-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Page 6 of 15 « First 456 78 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: