Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page (FAQ) How do you use the tangent line?
Page 14 of 19 « First 4121314 1516 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#196)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-12-2016, 03:16 AM

I'm betting Allan is regretting posting something that he just intended as helpful advice. This forum is so jacked up.

Old
  (#197)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 04:35 AM

ENGLISH. I don't care what topic or stuff you are posting here but I just ask one question. If you always get fight with many peoples here, do you consider ever chance that reason is YOU? Maybe not always 10 other peoples...

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Old
  (#198)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSchultz View Post
I'm betting Allan is regretting posting something that he just intended as helpful advice. This forum is so jacked up.
I think so too. His intentions were good, but the whole thing went to sh..as usual for this forum. This forum used to be better, simply because the trolls were so outnumbered, they could not take over the forum completely, they were kept somewhat in check by the sane majority. They could only ruin threads at the end of their "life-cycle" when others had lost interest.

At the present moment, it appears that it has become hopeless to post anything of value anywhere but in the smallest sub-forums. Any post even touching on a mainstream topic is instantly hijacked. Since the number of active posters have dwindled, the trolls rule now.

I blame myself for letting myself gettting sucked in, this time as well. I just wanted to post a little add-on for the OP and got myself engaged in essentially a pointless conversation. A lot of people on this forum have good intentions, I count myself among those people, but without the necessary support we get ourselves entangled in pointless drivel, further fueling these egomaniacal trolls. It's all about them and their "struggles" now, not the game and certainly not helping or getting help from fellow players. Unless this trend gets turned around somehow, this forum will die the death from a thousand cuts.

Old
  (#199)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-12-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
ENGLISH. I don't care what topic or stuff you are posting here but I just ask one question. If you always get fight with many peoples here, do you consider ever chance that reason is YOU? Maybe not always 10 other peoples...
Oh its a big conspiracy. A clique. Bullies.

Never mind that many in this supposed "group" have had plenty of disagreements here on AZB over the years....

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#200)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 05:21 AM

Guys I assure you, I am NOT poolmanis.

Old
  (#201)
Shawn Armstrong
Abooboo No Neck
Shawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
That's the thing Rick. It's literally impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you based on your history.

Ever hear of the story, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"?
Actually, he's more like the story of the Scorpion and the Frog. He can't help it. He's a scorpion.

Old
  (#202)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanpsand View Post
Howdy folks -

Here's some good advice to help new players use real-world physics to control what they can do with the cue ball (from my book, "FAQs of Pool").

http://www.billiardgods.com/gk-use-tangent-line/

It's a good idea to share stuff l like this with them. We all need to ensure good competitors in the future!!!

Good luck - shoot straight
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My 6th or 7th attempt to get the Gossip Group out of the Power Room.

If one would note, I made no criticism of Mr. Sands post.

I mentioned a small nit to another poster regarding the use of momentum & leaving out spin 'momentum' when he was talking about straight on shots regarding the 'tangent line'.

To the secondary topic that got the Gossip Group going...

I will add that in all of my 50 years of playing the game, I have never seen anyone make a peace sign over or near an object ball & I have seen rather many very good players during that time.

Also... It appears to me that Master Instructor Fran Crimi is also not an advocate of making peace signs over object balls . If one actually needs to do that, then, as I think she may have also said, one just needs to play more.

But if one actually needs that at this time in their development...

since everyone's finger spread angle is different & if the line is so crucial that it must be 'gauged' then perhaps everyone should buy an exact 30* template to use for that purpose, because an approximation will not be enough if there is an actual need to gauge that angle.

The thing is that if one actually needs to gauge that angle, then I would not have much confidence that they could hit the cue ball as needed to get that actual outcome angle.

Hence... they would need to play more.

ALL Best Wishes for ALL.

PS Will this now get the Gossip Group's Panties in a wad that must again be picked out with more Gossip? I guess we'll see.

Last edited by ENGLISH!; 05-12-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Old
  (#203)
Shawn Armstrong
Abooboo No Neck
Shawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I mentioned a small nit to another poster regarding the use of momentum & leaving out spin 'momentum' when he was talking about straight on shots regarding the 'tangent line'.

I will add that in all of my 50 years of playing the game, I have never seen anyone make a peace sign over or near an object ball & I have seen rather many very good players during that time.

Also... It appears to me that Master Instructor Fran Crimi is also not an advocate of making peace signs over object balls . If one actually needs to do that, then, as I think she may have also said, one just needs to play more.

since everyone's finger spread angle is different & if the line is so crucial that it must be 'gauged' then perhaps everyone should buy an exact 30* template to use for that purpose, because an approximation will not be enough if there is an actual need to gauge that angle.

The thing is that if one actually needs to gauge that angle I would not have much confidence that they could hit the cue ball as needed to get that actual outcome angle.

ALL Best Wishes for ALL.

PS Will this now get the Gossip Group's Panties in a wad that must again be picked out with more Gossip? I guess we'll see.
Have you ever been diagnosed with having Narcissistic Personality Disorder? You have a few of the textbook signs.

Old
  (#204)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 08:04 AM

That did not take long.

Old
  (#205)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The thing is that if one actually needs to gauge that angle I would not have much confidence that they could hit the cue ball as needed to get that actual outcome angle.

ALL Best Wishes for ALL.

If we were being PURELY objective. Which has more weight, you sighting 1 master instructor, or someone else sighting 1 master and 5 regular?

Also have you ever seen someone make a peace sign that looked significantly larger or smaller than someone else (the angle)?

When presenting a rule of thumb that is taken as gospel, is that the fault of the presenter or a lack of common sense by the viewer?

Lastly, is there a huge difference of +/- 2 to 3 degrees in the eyes of new player, and won't experience, as you say, allow them to correct for this? It is after all, a rule of thumb. It could be argued that it is a rule of index and middle finger I guess.

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#206)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member
(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Armstrong View Post
Have you ever been diagnosed with having Narcissistic Personality Disorder? You have a few of the textbook signs.
I could never get upset at someone accusing me of being narcissistic because:

1) Narcacism is an awesome trait.
2) As long as I like the trait then that is all that matters.

Old
  (#207)
Shawn Armstrong
Abooboo No Neck

05-12-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((Satori))) View Post

Best post ever

Old
  (#208)
(((Satori)))
AzB Silver Member
(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute(((Satori))) has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Armstrong View Post
Best post ever
Yeah, I think you are right.

Last edited by (((Satori))); 05-12-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Old
  (#209)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the quick wit, and laugh.

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((Satori))) View Post

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#210)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Maybe the peace sign is the new Fosbury Flop in pool.

Peace out brother.

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The thing is that if one actually needs to gauge that angle, then I would not have much confidence that they could hit the cue ball as needed to get that actual outcome angle.

ALL Best Wishes for ALL.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Page 14 of 19 « First 4121314 1516 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: