Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Does a touch of outside...
Page 11 of 11 « First 91011

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#151)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-02-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
22,796 vs 780................what happens when you have someone putting up good, well produced, sound, proven pool instruction (not hustling) vs vague language describing "advanced techniques" (not TOI) that nobody can actually take to the table (hammer stroke, pinning, etc).
You don't understand because those are techniques from another dimension that were never supposed to be.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#152)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
22,796 vs 780................what happens when you have someone putting up good, well produced, sound, proven pool instruction (not hustling) vs vague language describing "advanced techniques" (not TOI) that nobody can actually take to the table (hammer stroke, pinning, etc).
I think if the cash were to be put up on a match between Tor and CJ, the money disparity may come out about the same way, except in reverse.

Give each of them $11788 (22,796 + 780 / 2) and my money says CJ will have $22,796 when Tor has $780 and then CJ will eventually have it all .

Everybody badmouths CJ, but CJ knows a bit about pool.

Old
  (#153)
Banks
Banned
Banks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-02-2015, 03:11 PM

What's next, getting a lesson in physics from Lou Ferigno because he lifted more weights?

If CJ had the same skill level as Tor, the only views he'd have by now would be accidental. Those numbers are the testament to Tor's ability to put out quality instruction.

Old
  (#154)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Tor Lowry is the Nic Barrow of American pool.

Old
  (#155)
Sloppy Pockets
AzB Silver Member
Sloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I think if the cash were to be put up on a match between Tor and CJ, the money disparity may come out about the same way, except in reverse.
So what? Angelo Dundee never fought in his life, but he trained 15 world champions, including the greatest of all time. Real world champions. Nobody ever said CJ can't play, just that he can't transmit his knowledge. Tor does it like few others, and without the swords, shot puts, lousy martial art moves, and bad piano playing.

Besides, Tor still plays real sporty and probably would have done better as a pro if he dedicated his life to it instead of going on to make a career for himself in the film industry. The way CJ's been playing lately (check out You Tube if you don't believe me), Tor would stand a good chance. Heck, half the cast of "The Hustlers" could give CJ a run for the dough these days.

Old
  (#156)
Sloppy Pockets
AzB Silver Member
Sloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeSloppy Pockets has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Tor Lowry is the Nic Barrow of American pool.
Have you checked out his latest DVD? 3 discs, 5 hours of high-quality instruction primarily about CB control. $40. He has a whole hour preview of it on You Tube. I bought it a month ago and still haven't made it past the second disc, there's that much good info on them. Meanwhile, I put CJ's DVDs up on my bookshelf... as he often advised us to.

Old
  (#157)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Pockets View Post
So what? Angelo Dundee never fought in his life, but he trained 15 world champions, including the greatest of all time. Real world champions. Nobody ever said CJ can't play, just that he can't transmit his knowledge. Tor does it like few others, and without the swords, shot puts, lousy martial art moves, and bad piano playing.

Besides, Tor still plays real sporty and probably would have done better as a pro if he dedicated his life to it instead of going on to make a career for himself in the film industry. The way CJ's been playing lately (check out You Tube if you don't believe me), Tor would stand a good chance. Heck, half the cast of "The Hustlers" could give CJ a run for the dough these days.
I'm not badmouthing Tor because I think he plays very well and has some of the best instructional material available...maybe THE BEST.

I don't badmouth CJ either, because he provides the time to instruct people on here. It is up to you whether you believe what he says or try to learn it. I don't have a sword, a shot put, or a piano, but I can understand what CJ is saying. I think people on here have trouble "reading between the lines".

There are lots of people, here and elsewhere, that provide good information....you just have to be able read through it until you get the "real message".

Aloha.

Old
  (#158)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Pockets View Post
Have you checked out his latest DVD? 3 discs, 5 hours of high-quality instruction primarily about CB control. $40. He has a whole hour preview of it on You Tube. I bought it a month ago and still haven't made it past the second disc, there's that much good info on them. Meanwhile, I put CJ's DVDs up on my bookshelf... as he often advised us to.
I haven't, but I do have his kicking DVD and do plan on getting others in the future.

Old
  (#159)
Sloppy Pockets
AzB Silver Member

10-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I'm not badmouthing Tor because I think he plays very well and has some of the best instructional material available...maybe THE BEST.

I don't badmouth CJ either, because he provides the time to instruct people on here. It is up to you whether you believe what he says or try to learn it. I don't have a sword, a shot put, or a piano, but I can understand what CJ is saying. I think people on here have trouble "reading between the lines".

There are lots of people, here and elsewhere, that provide good information....you just have to be able read through it until you get the "real message".

Aloha.
Hey, I got a lot out of what CJ said here that others dismissed out of hand because of all his mysticism crap. I'm into a lot of that shit myself and have been since I was a youngster, so I feel I'm somewhat of a kindred spirit in that regard. It's just that he always wanted to play the part of Master Po, and insisted we were all just grasshoppers.

I'm sure he's a good guy to know in person, and I don't mean to bad mouth him, just telling it the way I see it as far as his instructional stuff. I really feel kind of sorry for him, because he seems to lack the social skills that would make him more successful. In spite of all his braggadocio, I feel he is insecure about himself and need to overcompensate by making his already incredible ability seem even greater. I have a few friends like that. I love them like brothers, but it gets old real fast.

Old
  (#160)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
This lame argument again. Put CJ's student up against Tor's and see who takes the cash - I'd empty out on Tor's.

pj
chgo

Page 11 of 11 « First 91011

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: