Reload this Page Biggest myths in pool today
Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Laminated shafts
Old
  (#31)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Laminated shafts - 10-20-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Laminated shafts have less deflection.
+ 1

How about all the pros use Laminated LD shafts because they are better then solid maple ....

MMike

Old
  (#32)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-20-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
1--The bar table ruined the sport. In fact it saved it.
Disagree. The bar table is a CATASTROPHE for pool! Whatever potential pool would have had to ever become a true sport in the US, like it is becoming in Asia and Europe, was totally ruined by the bar table. Sure it kept the promotors afloat, but that is all it did. Let's not pretend that pool is not a lesser game on the bar table. We all know it.
2--Push out is a better way to play then 1 F BIH
I have no strong opinion one way or the other.
3-- Straight pool is the most superior championship game.
The races today are too short to properly distinguish between pros especially on super slick cloth, where a mere sneeze will spring the balls apart. On a slower cloth, you'd really separate the wheat from the chaff, in straight pool. I do however feel that there is an even better game for the pros to play; Straight rotation. The Phillipines got it right.

Bar tables belong in bars, where they serve an admirable purpose, breaking the fall of drunkards and absorbing puke from the same. They are also handy places to place one's drink or make love after hours (if other kinds of uses doesn't make this to unappetizing of a prospect).Other uses than this should be expressly forbidden. Personally I don't consider any game played on less then a 4.5*9 surface pool at all, that includes the worst game of them all, UK pool.

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 10-20-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Old
  (#33)
Banks
Banned
Banks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-20-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
Bar tables belong in bars, where they serve an admirable purpose, breaking the fall of drunkards and absorbing puke from the same. They are also handy places to place one's drink or make love after hours (if other kinds of uses doesn't make this to unappetizing of a prospect).Other uses than this should be expressly forbidden. Personally I don't consider any game played on less then a 4.5*9 surface pool at all, that includes the worst game of them all, UK pool.
Lol. Myth for sure.

Old
  (#34)
jburkm002
AzB Silver Member
jburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Players that only play on big tables are better than barbox players.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old
  (#35)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
10-20-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spimp13 View Post
I kind of disagree. I think the 10 ball rack is much more difficult to run out than a 9 ball rack. That extra ball seems to totally change the spread of the break and difficulty of the run (at least from what I have witnessed in matches as well as have experienced). I'd like to see the pros stats on break and runs in 9 ball vs 10 ball over a given sample size (tough to show I know with all the other variables). I am guessing the gap might be bigger than we think.
Having played three sets the other day of nine ball and switching to the Magic rack in the middle of the second set I agree with you. Nine ball with a magic rack automatically becomes seven ball with a shot on the one when the player figures out the right speed to use on the break.

So for that reason ten ball is much better than nine ball if 9 ball rules are used.

But overall as a game with the same excessive reward/punishment for lucky rolls it sucks.

Ten ball (or nine ball) that is call shot/call safe is a way better game. Still some luck but not nearly as much.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#36)
seven_7days
AzB Silver Member
seven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Mike Tyson dogging any ball is a myth.

at least that's what he'll say.

Last edited by seven_7days; 10-20-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Old
  (#37)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

10-20-2015, 01:18 PM

Chuck Norris missed once.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#38)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2015, 01:21 PM

Satorie,

Please let me know when the thread has run it's course & I'll then drop the 'myth bomb' in three letters.

Best Wishes.

Old
  (#39)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

10-20-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
Satorie,

Please let me know when the thread has run it's course & I'll then drop the 'myth bomb' in three letters.

Best Wishes.
CTE ?

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#40)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
CTE ?

Awwwww, now you did it. This thread will grow 45 pages in the next 2 days

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#41)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
Lol. Myth for sure.
Says the shill who rents out bar tables for a living............

Old
  (#42)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2015, 01:32 PM

Myth: AZ main forum is dead with not one interesting topic to be found.

Debunked: proof is this thread!

Old
  (#43)
Banks
Banned
Banks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-20-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
Says the shill who rents out bar tables for a living............
Lol!

If Bob is giving you the 8, I'll take the 8 and the breaks. If it's on your home table, the 7, 8 and the breaks.

Old
  (#44)
Gunn_Slinger
AzB Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 68

10-20-2015, 02:38 PM

Fact: PushOut is a more skilled game with less luck.
Fact: No player today ( or ever ) could beat Eddie Taylor playing all games ( 9ball, 1pkt str8 pool, banks ) in his prime!

Old
  (#45)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2015, 02:39 PM

Myth: You can't play under the radar/make a living at pool with today's social media and the internet...

Billy Burke is doing it!

PUNiSH CHINA.

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: