Instroke Buffalo Cases

Jersey

Clickin' & Clackin'
Silver Member
Here goes...this is my first post...I have questions about Instroke Buffalo cases. I have a Porper 2x4, and it's ok, just not very handsome. I've been really wanting an Instroke case ever since I purchased what I consider to be my first 'real' cue...more on that in another post. I finally broke down and layed out the $cash$ for a Instroke 3x5 Buffalo case. Anybody got one?...or have any experience to share?...do they age gracefully?...are they sturdy enough to stand up to being 'handled'...should I have purchased a Cowboy instead?...will I regret my purchase?

'Shoot em Up'

Jersey~

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
Jersey said:
Here goes...this is my first post...I have questions about Instroke Buffalo cases. I have a Porper 2x4, and it's ok, just not very handsome. I've been really wanting an Instroke case ever since I purchased what I consider to be my first 'real' cue...more on that in another post. I finally broke down and layed out the $cash$ for a Instroke 3x5 Buffalo case. Anybody got one?...or have any experience to share?...do they age gracefully?...are they sturdy enough to stand up to being 'handled'...should I have purchased a Cowboy instead?...will I regret my purchase?

'Shoot em Up'

Jersey~

I have a 2 X 4 Cowboy Instoke case. I like it for the most part. It protects my cues well, and I tend to use it as a cue stand. I place my cues standing up, in the case when not using them in a tourny or leagues...

My case does take alot of abuse. I keep it in the trunk throughout the winter and summer along with other typical trunk stuff.

My only gripe is when I first got it, I used to lean on it a bit when I am standing shooting the breeze with other people. What that has done was loosen the 'small nails' holding in the bottom of the case. I think it's built a bit poorly on that end.

JMHO.

Bob A

Registered
Jersey said:

'Shoot em Up'

Jersey~

Likewise this is my 1st quote or reply, but read the great questions and replys every day. I have had a Buffalo 2 X 4 for about 4 years now and still love it. The only problem I have with it is that it gets dirty real easy, but I can live with that. I clean it with saddle soap, but be prepared to spend some time. One other thing is when in the bars keep a eye on it as a case that nice has a nice cue in it.

May all your shots roll true.

Bob A

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Jersey said:

'Shoot em Up'

Jersey~
i purchased an Instroke Buffalo 3x7 when they first came out..i am very pleased with it..remember that the Buffalo finish will age..it will get an old patina to it...i really like mine...you really cannot find better protection..it will last a life time.......you made a good choice........

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Bob A said:
Likewise this is my 1st quote or reply, but read the great questions and replys every day. I have had a Buffalo 2 X 4 for about 4 years now and still love it. The only problem I have with it is that it gets dirty real easy, but I can live with that. I clean it with saddle soap, but be prepared to spend some time. One other thing is when in the bars keep a eye on it as a case that nice has a nice cue in it.

May all your shots roll true.

Bob A
Bob A. ref.the case getting dirty........this may very well be the natural aging of the Buffalo hide..it does age...with this in mind a person does not need to spend the time in so called cleaning it..i have several Buffalo hides/robes/rugs so this is what i am basing my thoughts on....the natural patina that the Buffalo ages to is a rugged look...your case is fine and in it's natural state.enjoy

XzyluM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instroke does have a statement on their site telling customers not to use andy leather cleaner or conditioner because the leather will absorb it over time and it will get dirty a lot easier. They simple recommend using a damp rag. Leather has natural ability to absorb and clean itself over time.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jersey said:

'Shoot em Up'

Jersey~

Long-time reader, sort of new to the posting.

I bought an Instroke Buffalo 3x7 and i have really liked it. Likewise, mine is starting to show some wear on the handles, and other places it rubs (like when I shoulder it for carrying) It is just becoming the 'slick' leather look, not like the original 'suede' type of look. I haven't been too concerned with it, but hope that it will age gracefully. I enjoy the construction, although the pockets could have been more accessable, and I find them to not be able to hold my other items. (Cribbage board, for down-time) as well as I hoped.

Mine has the tag of "Stroke Sports". I bought it because it was advertised as an Instroke Case. What does that mean exactly. I seem to remember a post lately on the topic, but can't recall the outcome. Something about the original guy and marketing rights???

Otherwise, I like it a ton, plus it has room for all my cues and shafts, and it is hard to find a 3x7. :p

XzyluM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a topic with the original Instroke designer going into details about the Instroke and Stroke Sports debate. Search and you should be able to find it. Stroke Sports are not exactly as well constructed as Instroke cases. Many people believe they are the same thing, but they are actually made in two different countries, with Instroke being the correct one. I don't know how your pockets are constructed, but I do know on the "Instroke" cases they also have side zippers. Couldn't ask for more accessibility. By the way, Instroke owns the marketing rights. Stroke Sports did not live up to the original guy's quality and construction and don't own any rights to the Instroke brand.