Aiming Forum?

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a separate forum for aiming techniques would not only keep them all in one place for easy reference but would also allow the snooker players to commune with the pool players and share ideas.
What do you think?

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
I think we need a "center-to-edge" forum

I'm sure if we only had that, there would be very productive discussion :banghead:

jondrums

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am consistantly frustrated with the stock reply to every thread that mentions aiming. THERE IS ONLY ONE AIM!!!!

I for one would be excited to learn more about the Hal's system, but all I ever hear is adversisements about how good it is, but never any real information.

I fear an aiming forum would quickly be overrun with this kind of noise.

I would very much like a special sub-section for technical billiards discussion!

Jon

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jondrums said:
I am consistantly frustrated with the stock reply to every thread that mentions aiming. THERE IS ONLY ONE AIM!!!!

I for one would be excited to learn more about the Hal's system, but all I ever hear is adversisements about how good it is, but never any real information.

Jon

Have you called him? His number is all over this board and he charges nothing. Why should we put the information all over the internet when you can call him and get it from the horses mouth.

Not to mention, whenever anyone posts anything about his systems, the PhD's come out of the word work to poke holes in it. It just isn't worth arguing about. I will remain blissfully ignorant to all the equations that debunk his system while I continue to use it and see my game get better.

Regards,
Koop

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Koop said:
Have you called him? His number is all over this board and he charges nothing. Why should we put the information all over the internet when you can call him and get it from the horses mouth.

Not to mention, whenever anyone posts anything about his systems, the PhD's come out of the word work to poke holes in it. It just isn't worth arguing about. I will remain blissfully ignorant to all the equations that debunk his system while I continue to use it and see my game get better.

Regards,
Koop
I agree with KOOP!!!!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Koop said:

Regards,
Koop

Tap, tap, tap!! It's amazing the number of people who dis Hal's system and want to tell us why it works or why it doesn't but refuse to call him and talk to him about it. Or Stan.
I think a lot of people would be surprised, but they'd just rather drag it out in the forum.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pushout said:
Tap, tap, tap!! It's amazing the number of people who dis Hal's system and want to tell us why it works or why it doesn't but refuse to call him and talk to him about it. Or Stan.
I think a lot of people would be surprised, but they'd just rather drag it out in the forum.

Yep, Stan would be another great one to call.
The question keeps coming up about how people who knows Hal's systems are cryptic about it and why. It makes me laugh because these people are constantly reminded that Hal is only a phone call away yet feel the need to show us how smart they are by putting up equations that NO ONE in the pool world could understand. I mean, can you imagine Reyes, Bustamante, Duell(sp), etc..looking at equations on this board and saying..."Yeah, that's how I do it!" They look at two points and pivot. That's it.

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
Koop said:
Yep, Stan would be another great one to call.
The question keeps coming up about how people who knows Hal's systems are cryptic about it and why. It makes me laugh because these people are constantly reminded that Hal is only a phone call away yet feel the need to show us how smart they are by putting up equations that NO ONE in the pool world could understand. I mean, can you imagine Reyes, Bustamante, Duell(sp), etc..looking at equations on this board and saying..."Yeah, that's how I do it!" They look at two points and pivot. That's it.

So was bluepepper's earlier post accurate?
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=1350243&postcount=22

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They look at two points and pivot. That's it.

av84fun

Banned
jondrums said:

I fear an aiming forum would quickly be overrun with this kind of noise.

I would very much like a special sub-section for technical billiards discussion!

Jon

Jon, why don't you pick up the phone and call Hal Houle who has invited the world to do so about 500 times???

Regards,
Jim

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree a technical forum would be great, not tieing it to a specific game, It would be good for Dr Dave, Blue Pepper, Hal, Scott Lee etc. A hardcore technial forum.

no bS, no pin ball, no bowling, just hard core shit this is Ames mister!

I dont agree with alot of break away forums however I believe this would be a great idea.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Koop said:
No it's not. There is one fatal flaw in his post and I would say, definitely the reason he is missing shots.

I'm afraid to ask for fear of the "call Hal" answer, but it's much easier for me to ask here than to get away for a lengthy phone call while at work, so I'm going to ask ... what is the fatal flaw in his post?

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask or not but, with the multitude of aiming-system posts, I guess this is as good as any ... how do you aim combinations using a system?

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Silly Questions Forum?

How about that forum for questions and surveys like: "What is your favorite players shirt color?" or "If you felt younger - would you play better?"

But I guess that's what makes up a forum. People from all walks of pool life need to know something different to make them feel whole! Or are questions asked sometimes just to get your post numbers increased?

I guess I'm having a bad day!!!!

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
I'm afraid to ask for fear of the "call Hal" answer, but it's much easier for me to ask here than to get away for a lengthy phone call while at work, so I'm going to ask ... what is the fatal flaw in his post?

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask or not but, with the multitude of aiming-system posts, I guess this is as good as any ... how do you aim combinations using a system?

I don't believe you just asked that?

I will tell you what...You teach me a method for better CB control and how to NOT to have a convulsion during the key shot in a rack...and I will show you a method how to aim combos.....:)

(If you were really serious that is....which I doubt) ;)

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Masirib5 said:
How about that forum for questions and surveys like: "What is your favorite players shirt color?" or "If you felt younger - would you play better?"

But I guess that's what makes up a forum. People from all walks of pool life need to know something different to make them feel whole! Or are questions asked sometimes just to get your post numbers increased?

I guess I'm having a bad day!!!!

While were at it....

How bout a forum for Happy Birthdays
How bout a forum for when will I ever get my Varney
How bout a forum for SPAM
How bout a forum for Cocobolo Cowboy threads.
How bout a forum for Hey Mike the server is down and/or AZ is running Sllooooooow
How bout a forum for threads asking to start new forums

Ok...Im done

jondrums

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to make a few things clear:
I am not trying to "dis" hal's system.
I have never put up equasions refuting his system
I would love to learn more about it
I would like someone to clearly explain his system here on the forum.
That would be wonderful!

Please don't call me a hater, I am not. In fact I am in favor of more information. I don't understand what the big secret is? And I can't stand all those posts refuting other ideas as inferior while not giving a clue what the superior method is!

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
I don't believe you just asked that?

I will tell you what...You teach me a method for better CB control and how to NOT to have a convulsion during the key shot in a rack...and I will show you a method how to aim combos.....:)

(If you were really serious that is....which I doubt) ;)

I was dead serious. I can understand that some geometrical relationship between the balls and the pockets could exist to where an aiming point could be easily determined using some system that exploits that relationship. However, in the case of combinations, unlike pockets which are always in the same spot, the secondary target (the second ball in the combination), is not always in the same spot. It could be anywhere on the table.