aiming method and other stuff

Hi Keith,

I would like to ask you a few questions:

1) What is your preferred aiming technique?

2) Who is the best shooter in the game today? Of all times?

3) Is Parica better than Reyes?

4) What part of your game is your best asset?

5) Are you going to write a book?

Regards,

Adam McNatt

Keith McCready

Pro Player
adammcnatt said:
Hi Keith,

I would like to ask you a few questions:

1) What is your preferred aiming technique?

I like looking at the object ball first before any shot. That sort of gives me a sense for it. Then I go through all my other routines.

adammcnatt said:
2) Who is the best shooter in the game today?

Efren is pretty tough. I'd hate to have to look at him every time I played a match.

adammcnatt said:
Of all times?

That's hard to say. Everybody, when they were in their primes, was good. To finger just one guy, it would be hard for me to do, but Efren stays at the top of the list. Buddy Hall is another one in my lifetime. Pound for pound, he might have been the best 9-ball player.

adammcnatt said:
3) Is Parica better than Reyes?

Parica used to be better than Reyes when Reyes was growing up. Jose used to spot Efren the 8 and 9, but today, Efren is probably playing just a little bit better. I don't think Jose plays as much as he used to. I think pool is starting to wear on Jose.

adammcnatt said:
4) What part of your game is your best asset?

My offense used to be my strongest asset. Playing for money -- big money -- every day would bring the best out in everybody's game. Today, my banks is probably one of my best assets, as well as my combinations. What's holding me back is my break, as usual.

adammcnatt said:
5) Are you going to write a book?

I'm writing a book, but can't seem to finalize it. I'm getting close, though. :)

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I saw you at the Joss tour finale at Chelmsford, MA in 2002. You went undefeated to the final getting through the toughest group of players that I had seen in person. Sorry for mentioning this but I still remember the first game of the second set against Ryan McCreesh when you ran the first eight balls and jawed the nine. I also remember you telling Santos Sambajon that when you were younger you would pratice for 8 hours without missing a ball. Lastly, I remember a huge group of people watching a bank pool money game between Evgeniy Stalev and Larry Liscotti (RIP). Liscotti kept addressing Stalev as "Boris". You seemed anxious to jump in.

Regards,

Adam McNatt