Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Have meucci's improved?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Have meucci's improved?
Old
  (#1)
tonov12
AzB Silver Member
tonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Have meucci's improved? - 03-14-2005, 09:19 PM

First off, hello to all. I've been lurking here for a while now and decided to make my first post. Unfortunately, I had already ordered my Meucci before I read all the negative info about them. The one thing that I did notice is that most of the negative comments were posted nearly a year ago. I also read in some posts that Meucci was starting to take a new approach to quality. Do any of you have any information on whether Meucci's have improved in quality over the past year or will I be sorry that I bought one?

I purchased a power piston with the blackdot shaft. Any info is greatly appreciated. TIA

Not that i have seen!
Old
  (#2)
MrLucky
Pool Fanatic!!
MrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to MrLucky  
Not that i have seen! - 03-14-2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonov12
First off, hello to all. I've been lurking here for a while now and decided to make my first post. Unfortunately, I had already ordered my Meucci before I read all the negative info about them. The one thing that I did notice is that most of the negative comments were posted nearly a year ago. I also read in some posts that Meucci was starting to take a new approach to quality. Do any of you have any information on whether Meucci's have improved in quality over the past year or will I be sorry that I bought one?

I purchased a power piston with the blackdot shaft. Any info is greatly appreciated. TIA
The old pre 1990's Meucci cues were OK the ones put out afterward are poorly made, like the Adams / supposed to be Balabushkas AKA asian conglomerate imports ! proliferating in todays Color of Money marketplace!

age 58
Pool is my love and my way of relaxing! My cues!...I Love McDermotts for every day play!, Just ordered a new Samsara , I have 2 Jacobys, a 42 year old custom given to me on my 16th birthday by my uncle Cisero is my treasured cue!

Pretty Woman and cues are my weakness!

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

Old
  (#3)
Tbeaux
Angelic Hotdog
Tbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

03-14-2005, 10:31 PM

Quote:

The Power piston is pretty basic and will probably work just fine. If you are comfortable with solid shafts the black dot comes pretty close. If your looking for a stiffer hit you might want to get a red dot,intimidator,or predator shaft. Check out the test charts at Platinum billiards,they'll give you a better idea.

Old
  (#4)
tonov12
AzB Silver Member
tonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond reputetonov12 has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm gonna go and try it out today sometime. I guess it can't be any worse than what I had. Thanks for the input.

Old
  (#5)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna go and try it out today sometime. I guess it can't be any worse than what I had. Thanks for the input.

tonov12, you just might find that you love the hit of your new cue. Everybodys differant. Don't go out of the gate thinking you have bought a lousy cue. It just might be perfect for you. Go at it with a positive attitude and give us your opinion. I would like to know what you think. I have a 21 oz. 97-15 that I break with. I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer.
Purdman

Old
  (#6)
Rude Dog
<---Dumb and Dumber
Rude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to Rude Dog  
03-15-2005, 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=I have a 21 oz. 97-15 that I break with. I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer.
Purdman [/QUOTE]
Holy Moly, if you break better with that than you do the SledgeHammer, then you're cheatin'.

Old
  (#7)
br8knrun52
AzB Silver Member
br8knrun52 is on a distinguished road

03-15-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald A. Purdy
tonov12, you just might find that you love the hit of your new cue. Everybodys differant. Don't go out of the gate thinking you have bought a lousy cue. It just might be perfect for you. Go at it with a positive attitude and give us your opinion. I would like to know what you think. I have a 21 oz. 97-15 that I break with. I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer.
Purdman
Can I have the SledgeHammer then?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy Valvano

Old
  (#8)
drivermaker
Banned
drivermaker is on a distinguished road

03-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Don't sweat it, you should have no problem with it, they're a good playing cue. There are a bunch of Meucci bashers on different forums, and they did have some quality problems in the past, but you'll do just fine. I have an original Meucci from '81, a power piston, and a metallic, along with just about every other production cue in-between and $4k plus customs. Just play and have fun.

Old
  (#9)
pbat2751
AzB Silver Member
pbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2005, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer. Purdman

Damn whats that Sledge have in it worth $1200????

Lol!
Old
  (#10)
MrLucky
Pool Fanatic!!
MrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond reputeMrLucky has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to MrLucky  
Lol! - 03-15-2005, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by br8knrun52
Quote:
I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer. Purdman

Damn whats that Sledge have in it worth $1200????
I was wondering the same thing I always thought the Sledge Hammers were a moderate pricrd J/B cue!

age 58
Pool is my love and my way of relaxing! My cues!...I Love McDermotts for every day play!, Just ordered a new Samsara , I have 2 Jacobys, a 42 year old custom given to me on my 16th birthday by my uncle Cisero is my treasured cue!

Pretty Woman and cues are my weakness!

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

$1,200 Sledge
Old
  (#11)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

$1,200 Sledge - 03-16-2005, 07:10 AM

This is the MG Custom Sledgehammer I was talking about.
Purdman

Last edited by Purdman; 08-01-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Old
  (#12)
TheBook
Ret Professional Goof Off
TheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond repute

03-16-2005, 07:22 AM

I play with a Gilbert. One of the guys I play against has a Meucci. He beats me the majority of the games. I don't think that the cue makes him better, he has more experience, knowledge and skill. If you like it and play great with it who cares about what other people thinks. I don't like and would not buy one.

Cues are like women. Not everyone has the same taste in what they want.

Old
  (#13)
Jersey
Clickin' & Clackin'
Jersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 03-16-2005, 09:23 AM

I have a Meucci Original...It's a Gambler MO-10...It has a Black Dot Shaft...I think it plays excellent...It's not as stiff a hit as my Schon...IMO the Meucci's are more of a finesse players cue...if your a power player you may think it hits too soft...don't get me wrong, I can 'stroke' the ball to the back of the pocket with plenty of pace...the Meucci just translates that speed thru the cue differently...I play with it exclusively and love it!...I agree with a previous reply...don't go out of the gate negative...you purchased a Meucci...I agree about the glut of negative posts to boards like this but there are probably more Meucci's in play out there than many other brand of cue...three on my 8 man team right now...love your cue and play your game...

Name: Sean
Cue: Schon LTD 916
Jump/Break Cue: Jerico Stinger
Case: Instroke Buffalo

Collection: Schon STL 4, Meucci Original Gambler, Fury DL-8, Fury J/B, Instroke Premier

~May All The Rolls Go Your Way~

Old
  (#14)
pbat2751
AzB Silver Member
pbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond reputepbat2751 has a reputation beyond repute

03-16-2005, 10:34 AM

Quote:
This is the MG Custom Sledgehammer I was talking about.
Purdman

Nice..... I bet it has some of those ball making microchips in it.

Old
  (#15)
tonov12
AzB Silver Member

03-16-2005, 02:29 PM

Thanks for all the replies fellas/(ladies?). I took it down and played a few games and I did actually like the feel of it. I seemed to make a lot more of my usual problem shots so it turn, played better. Like I said, I made the jump from a cheap cue so this is a big jump and it was noticeable. Thanks again for the info. Now I just need to get the neccessary practice in to improve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: