Accidentally found additional pool programming

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least in the West.
I have Comcast cable in California and accidentally ran across a Comcast Sports Net channel and lo and behold they were showing the 10 ball ring game from the 2004 Derby City Classic. It is on again tonight at 10 p.m. West Coast time if your local cable company carries it. In my town it is carried on the West side of town but not on the East. Crazy.
Has anyone else run across this programming and getting to watch it? If so am surprised no one has metnioned it.
Comcast digital channel 400

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up. I'm on Cox cable in So. Cal. Do you know what actual content provider this channel is? Was it perhaps one of the Fox channels?

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

AuntyDan said:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm on Cox cable in So. Cal. Do you know what actual content provider this channel is? Was it perhaps one of the Fox channels?
It is not one of the Fox channels, it just lists it as comcast sports net. Believe it is additional programming for our digital system. It is not on my side of town so cannot watch it to see if it shows a provider. It will be on at 10 p.m. again tonight.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i found the same channel and immediatly posted about it on here but no one responded about it

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=7736

the first thing i saw was the mosconi cup, and i have watched a couple of the dcc ring games, really beat the espn coverage except for the fact that they just showed a hour segment of the ring game, and didn't seem to be in any particular order. Dunno who comcast is affiliated with if anyone at all, but here it's mainly a sports station for chicago teams
________

Last edited:

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I watched it and it was cool but damn there are a lot of commercials.

The hour before that I watched Kid D. shank the eight to give Corey 1st at the LA event and then I watched Alex P. do pretty much the same thing.

What's that, 30K plus another 10k difference between 1st and 2nd place? I think Corey plays fantastic pool but this guy gets luckier than any other pool player I know right now.

The commentators on his us open win against Mika (11-0) were saying it was his day after five racks he got so many good rolls.

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
Just and FYI, the Derby City Classic, is filmed by those fine gentlemen at ACCU-Stats. So the coverage that you saw probably came from them and you can get the matches that they recorded in full. Go here to check it out:

http://www.accu-stats.com

Ctatyk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in the midwest and was quite upset when they replaced Fox Sports Chicago with Comcast sports! That is, until I saw the ring game being played!!!! They can have all of the crap that they used to have on Fox Sports. Give me actual pool events anyday!!!