How About That Danny Boy!
Old
  (#1)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

How About That Danny Boy! - 04-03-2005, 09:37 AM

In case you missed it on the Home Page, this just in: http://azbilliards.com/2000storyb.cfm?storynum=2608

Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich is going to Hollywood! With a million-dollar movie deal and an upcoming book in the making, the New Jersey kid is going all the way to the top.

Danny, congratulations!

JAM

Old
  (#2)
Bobby
AzB Silver Member
Bobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-03-2005, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
In case you missed it on the Home Page, this just in: http://azbilliards.com/2000storyb.cfm?storynum=2608

Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich is going to Hollywood! With a million-dollar movie deal and an upcoming book in the making, the New Jersey kid is going all the way to the top.

Danny, congratulations!

JAM

I love it! It couldn't have happened to a nicer
guy.

Old
  (#3)
SUPERSTAR
Banned
SUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5600

04-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Got to love it when someone pays their dues and gets PAID!

Congrats to Mr. Delicioso (as i call him)

One question. Is that deal for the rights to his story, or the rights for him and his agent's story. Or is that just a typo in the announcement?

SUPERSTAR

Last edited by SUPERSTAR; 04-03-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Old
  (#4)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

04-03-2005, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSTAR
Got to love it when someone pays their dues and gets PAID!

Congrats to Mr. Delicioso (as i call him)

One question. Is that deal for the rights to his story, or the right for him and his agent's story. Or is that just a typo in the announcment?

SUPERSTAR
I thought the same thing, SUPERSTAR! I think it's a typo, and that the book will be about Danny's rise in the pool world via on-the-road travels and professional play.

I'm so happy for Danny! I'll bet his parents are beaming with pride, especially his dad. He let Danny follow his dreams, even though his dad had doubts about the future of his son being a pool player. Just goes to show you that with the power of positive thinking, and a good agent, this talented and charismatic 27-year-old player from New Jersey can be all that he can be.

JAM

Old
  (#5)
Rich R.
AzB Silver Member
Rich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond reputeRich R. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

04-03-2005, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
Good for Danny.

I also hope the jerk from Billiards Club Network reads this.
He wouldn't let Danny enter a ring game, at the 2004 U.S. Open, because he didn't think Danny would look good on TV.
As it turned out, the ring game didn't happen, but that guy showed everyone what a jerk he is.

Old
  (#6)
frankncali
AzB Silver Member
frankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 300

04-03-2005, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM

Danny, congratulations!

JAM

The story says it was a multi-million dollar deal. Thats huge for a movie idea.
Most scripts are not bought for that much. I wish them well and hope Hollywood does not get them.
I am a fan of Dannys and hope the script writing goes well. I just hope
it keeps his image up. It would be easy for Hollywood to turn this
the wrong way. Also easy for the public to get yet another wrong image
about the sport. Another hustling griffter movie about pool.

I wonder if the writer had already started the book. If that is the case maybe it wont be too long before we get a chance to read it.

Who plays Danny and Bob? anyone have any thoughts?

Old
  (#7)
Muxy
Unleash The Fury
Muxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Muxy Send a message via MSN to Muxy Send a message via Yahoo to Muxy  
04-03-2005, 01:52 PM

I will play danny as a kid HAHA.

Shooting Cue: Fury RP-9
Break Cue: Fury J/BK
HOURS OF POOL: 10+ A Week

Old
  (#8)
sniper
AzB Silver Member
sniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3800

04-03-2005, 01:53 PM

Way to go Danny! I think a story about Danny's rise to the top could make for one awesome movie, I'm not sure who would do a job playing Danny's character all the good actors I can think of are far too skinny to play the role

Old
  (#9)
frankncali
AzB Silver Member
frankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond reputefrankncali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 300

04-03-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper
Way to go Danny! I think a story about Danny's rise to the top could make for one awesome movie, I'm not sure who would do a job playing Danny's character all the good actors I can think of are far too skinny to play the role

What makes you think Hollywood will have Dannys character being big??

The movie guys might change the whole story. Once the story is written
and even the script is written and bought its up to Hollywood not the
people in the story.
Remember the Movie ---Remember The Titans. Great movie with the sad part about "Gary B" getting in a car accicent and missing part of the season.
Or when Gary has to kick Ray off the team.
The part about kicking Ray off the team did not happen and was not in the story. It was added.
The part about Gary being in the accident during the season was changed from reality. The accident happened after the season. He played the
final game which was not close as the movie depicts.

No telling what Hollywood does once the book and script are written on this one.

Anyone know when the documentary about the DCC is coming out??
Was that an HBO thing?

Old
  (#10)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

04-03-2005, 03:08 PM

This is fantastic news. Danny's a great guy with a great story.

Old
  (#11)
The Kiss
AzB Silver Member
The Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Kiss has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Way to go Kid your story sounds fantastic...After reading the SI story I knew there was potential for a movie.....Now invest the cash and set yourself up for the rest of your life....Danny should play himself get actors for the other parts....How hard can it be to play yourself??????

Old
  (#12)
hemicudas
AzB Silver Member
hemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2005, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R.
Good for Danny.

I also hope the jerk from Billiards Club Network reads this.
He wouldn't let Danny enter a ring game, at the 2004 U.S. Open, because he didn't think Danny would look good on TV.
As it turned out, the ring game didn't happen, but that guy showed everyone what a jerk he is.
So very true, Rich. BCN, with all its faux pas is history. My buddy the, Kid, is in the chips and rightfully so. Ya dun good, Danny. Congratulations.

$Bill
JMO, ICBW

Old
  (#13)
deadstroke32
AzB Silver Member
deadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 620
  Send a message via Yahoo to deadstroke32  
04-03-2005, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM

Danny, congratulations!

JAM

U go kid get the cash anyway u can ..I'll pray it all go'z good ..

The Deadliest traps are the ones we set for yourselves...

My playing Q Carolina Custom 4 pointer

Break Q : Carolina Custom.
Case : 2x4 from j&j Looks sweet..
email www.Carolinacues.com
Carmeli .
Gilbert.
Murrell.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: