Reload this Page Wow im shocked.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Wow im shocked.
Old
  (#1)
Muxy
Unleash The Fury
Muxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to Muxy Send a message via MSN to Muxy Send a message via Yahoo to Muxy  
Wow im shocked. - 04-03-2005, 06:25 PM

Well I have been helping my local pool hall out quite a bit in recent weeks with our house pro leaving to a bigger city to improve his game. I have been running weekly tourneys for them, spreading the word of the pool hall you know all the stuff, and while I was playing there pool time was only 3.25 CND an hour, really cheap discounted half price for me. So I go in there today to run the tournament and no one shows up. So I practiced and played some darts with my dad's girlfriend.

Then the owner of the pool hall comes in. We chatted a bit and I went to pay my table time the bartender tells’s me its 4.50 or something like that. Then don (the owner) tells me I don't have to pay for my table time there anymore! I couldn't express how I felt I was like wow. So being I live in a small apartment and no room for a table I can increase my table time from 15-20+ hours a week to even more balancing with school. This is the best news I could have received.

Shooting Cue: Fury RP-9
Break Cue: Fury J/BK
HOURS OF POOL: 10+ A Week

Old
  (#2)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2005, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxy
Well I have been helping my local pool hall out quite a bit in recent weeks with our house pro leaving to a bigger city to improve his game. I have been running weekly tourneys for them, spreading the word of the pool hall you know all the stuff, and while I was playing there pool time was only 3.25 CND an hour, really cheap discounted half price for me. So I go in there today to run the tournament and no one shows up. So I practiced and played some darts with my dad's girlfriend.

Then the owner of the pool hall comes in. We chatted a bit and I went to pay my table time the bartender tells’s me its 4.50 or something like that. Then don (the owner) tells me I don't have to pay for my table time there anymore! I couldn't express how I felt I was like wow. So being I live in a small apartment and no room for a table I can increase my table time from 15-20+ hours a week to even more balancing with school. This is the best news I could have received.
WOW!!! The only players in our city who get free pool are the professionals.
Maybe your pool hall owner see's a future pro in you somewhere down the road. Enjoy your free pool time. RJ

Old
  (#3)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter
cuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to cuejoey  
Thumbs up 04-03-2005, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveryjones
WOW!!! The only players in our city who get free pool are the professionals.
Maybe your pool hall owner see's a future pro in you somewhere down the road. Enjoy your free pool time. RJ
i agree with the abouve quote..Muxy you should really be proud of yourself...you have obviously earned the respect of the big time operators..congratulations you have earned it the old fashion way by working for it..best of luck to you in all your life...ohh and never forget "don't bite the hand that feeds you"

Old
  (#4)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

04-03-2005, 07:32 PM

Great news, Muxy, but along with your obvious gratitude to Don, you should also feel a obligation to him. Here's what I suggerst:

- Dress nicely and behave with dignity when you're in Don's room.

- Try to be an ambassador for pool in Don's poolroom, by helping others to get excited about pool.

It's not about "don't bite the hand that feeds you" but about "support and show respect for the hand that feeds you." Do the right thing, Muxy.

Old
  (#5)
Muxy
Unleash The Fury
Muxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond reputeMuxy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Muxy Send a message via MSN to Muxy Send a message via Yahoo to Muxy  
04-03-2005, 07:36 PM

When ever i go in there it is always with a collered shirt. Nice jeans or dress pants. I don't walk into a hall like a bum :P. Thanks sjm I will do my best.

Shooting Cue: Fury RP-9
Break Cue: Fury J/BK
HOURS OF POOL: 10+ A Week

Old
  (#6)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club
Williebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 583

04-03-2005, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxy
This is the best news I could have received.
Muxy,
Well done. As usual I was going to say what SJM has already posted (man, he must type fast). This is a great opportunity, try to build on it as SJM suggests. Help the owner build his business, and help develop the right kind of atmosphere; you'll have a great place to play.

Old
  (#7)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2005, 08:26 PM

I don't get free pool at my local pool hall,however, I get a much better deal than everyone else because of the reguliarity and consistency of my practice sessions.
In return I do some little things like wipe down the table afterwards and voluntarily end my practice session early if the place fills up, so that the owner can make optimin money on all tables.I also don't take things for granted and thank the owners each time and I'm nice to the staff.

To me this arrangment is a win-win situation for everyone.RJ

Old
  (#8)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club
Williebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2005, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I don't get free pool at my local pool hall,however, I get a much better deal than everyone else because of the reguliarity and consistency of my practice sessions.
In return I do some little things like wipe down the table afterwards and voluntarily end my practice session early if the place fills up, so that the owner can make optimin money on all tables.I also don't take things for granted and thank the owners each time and I'm nice to the staff.

RJ,
I get free pool at home. In return I do some little things like take out the garbage every night, wipe down the table after dinner, change the water softener salt, mow the yard, maintain the cars, spend some weekends with the in-laws, do all the income taxes, etc. JEEEEZZZZZZ!!!! Maybe I should sell my table and just play like Muxy and RJ at the local pool hall.

Old
  (#9)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2005, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williebetmore
RJ,
I get free pool at home. In return I do some little things like take out the garbage every night, wipe down the table after dinner, change the water softener salt, mow the yard, maintain the cars, spend some weekends with the in-laws, do all the income taxes, etc. JEEEEZZZZZZ!!!! Maybe I should sell my table and just play like Muxy and RJ at the local pool hall.
LOL.........And to think I was wishing once again to be married and have my own table at home.I can just see it now: I'm in deadstroke on a 99 ball run and about to shoot ball number 100 and the wife comes down to tell me to throw something in the garbage.I undoubtingly miss ball number 100 and throw the wife in the dumpster,fullfilling her commands about taking out the garbage.

Thanks for kindly remminding me how good things really are.
RJ

Old
  (#10)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club

04-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Quote:
LOL.........And to think I was wishing once again to be married and have my own table at home.I can just see it now: I'm in deadstroke on a 99 ball run and about to shoot ball number 100 and the wife comes down to tell me to throw something in the garbage.I undoubtingly miss ball number 100 and throw the wife in the dumpster,fullfilling her commands about taking out the garbage.

Thanks for kindly remminding me how good things really are.
RJ
RJ,
Perhaps you are not thinking realistically about this. When my wife comes down to the pool room to ask (more like command) me to do something, she walks directly to the pool table and starts lifting balls and rearranging the table, or if I'm in her way she just bumps my cue as I'm shooting (even if I'm in the middle of a competitive match). My previous high run of 44 ended in such a fashion. She has learned long ago that I tend to ignore her until I'm finished shooting. On the other hand, she "occasionally" goes shopping leaving me home alone to enjoy the fabulous poolroom - I guess I'll keep the GCIV.

Last edited by Williebetmore; 04-03-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Old
  (#11)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2005, 09:03 PM

LOL......only joking about the women thing, with the exception of my ex-wife. I'd love to have a Gold Crown 4 and there are still some good women out there. Only joking.

I had to clear things up because of the recent flame wars and I don't want some of the wonderful women here to take things the wrong way. RJ

.....oh yes, one day a gold crown four will be mine.

Old
  (#12)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Tiffy-Tiffy-Tiffy, I'd marry you in a jiffy-jiffy-jiffy. I'd dressup real spiffy-spiffy-spiffy,iffy-iffy-iffy you'd go halves on a gold crown four wiffy- wiffy- wiff me. RJ

Last edited by recoveryjones; 04-03-2005 at 09:29 PM.

Pretty creative.
Old
  (#13)
BlowFish
Pinoy D-Player
BlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200
 Send a message via ICQ to BlowFish Send a message via MSN to BlowFish Send a message via Yahoo to BlowFish Send a message via Skype™ to BlowFish 
Pretty creative. - 04-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Tiffy-Tiffy-Tiffy, I'd marry you in a jiffy-jiffy-jiffy. I'd dressup real spiffy-spiffy-spiffy,iffy-iffy-iffy you'd go halves on a gold crown four wiffy- wiffy- wiff me. RJ
Pretty creative stuff RJ. ROFLOL

Name: Jhun Jimeno
Playing Cue: Mezz >PUJ-1 with WD700, HybridPro2 and Hybrid Alpha shafts.
Break Cue: Mezz >PB-O with DeepImpact Pro shaft.
Cue Case: Mezz >NPC-35B2 and J.Flowers 4x8 by John Barton.

My Merry Widows Collection

Old
  (#14)
telkwa
AzB Silver Member
telkwa is on a distinguished road

04-03-2005, 10:07 PM

do you play at guys&dolls mainly?

Quote:

Old
  (#15)
CaptainJR
Shiver me timbers.
CaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

04-04-2005, 04:44 AM

Very Cool Muxy, Enjoy

CaptJR
Avast Ya Scurvy Scum. Swab the deck! Walk the plank. Dead men tell no tales. Where's me Rum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: