Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page StraightPoolIU - Is this the IU Pool Club?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
StraightPoolIU - Is this the IU Pool Club?
Old
  (#1)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club
Williebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 583

StraightPoolIU - Is this the IU Pool Club? - 04-05-2005, 03:28 PM

StraightPoolIU has joined the forum. I believe he belongs to the Indiana University pool club (there wasn't one when I was there in the early 70's). What is the purpose of this club? How many members? Do you play ACU tournaments? What games? Where do you play? At least the Hoosiers on the board are fairly interested. Its good to see young people involved in the sport (or should I say game ).

Last edited by Williebetmore; 04-05-2005 at 03:30 PM.

Old
  (#2)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

04-05-2005, 04:39 PM

Well it was just started a couple of months ago, and the basic purpose of the club is to drive up interest of the game on campus, improve the playing skills of the members and to have a place to meet fellow billiardphiles on campus. We meet every Wednesday from 6-8 and Saturday from 2-4 in the Union and we have currently anywhere from 6-10 member that show up each week. We haven't really done much promotion yet (We're supposed to have an article in the paper coming soon.) I think the idea in the future is to get a team together to play some ACU tournaments...I know there has been talk about going to one in Michigan. But, right now we're just trying to attract more members and with a little effort I think we can accomplish that. Who'd want t o pass up free pool right? As far as games go we'll play pretty much anything 8, 9, cut throat (ugh), but me and the president, John, like to play 14.1 (my personal favorite).

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Playing Cue: 2003 Pechauer P15
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer (purpleheart with ironwood rings)
Jump Cue: OB Lift
Current Tip: G2
Shaft: OB Pro Plus

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: