Players that are douchebags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonRamsay

Snooker > Pool
Silver Member
so.. every sports got em' ........list the pros who have been less than nice when it comes to getting a signature or trying to talk to...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
one and all

I have been competing for almost forty years now and a spectator for longer. I have found that there is no serious competitor that you can't catch at a wrong moment and get a bad reception. No matter how nice someone is, nobody is perfect 100% of the time.

Trying to get everyone to list unpleasant experiences is not a good idea. Why encouraging bashing someone that is a nice person the vast majority of the time for one lapse? From my one face to face meeting with him I remember one of the leading players with a fine reputation as a bit of an annoying jerk. On the other hand, I remember some people with reputations as jackasses as very fine people, at least in their dealings with me.

Hu

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice person

ShootingArts said:
I have been competing for almost forty years now and a spectator for longer. I have found that there is no serious competitor that you can't catch at a wrong moment and get a bad reception. No matter how nice someone is, nobody is perfect 100% of the time.

Trying to get everyone to list unpleasant experiences is not a good idea. Why encouraging bashing someone that is a nice person the vast majority of the time for one lapse? From my one face to face meeting with him I remember one of the leading players with a fine reputation as a bit of an annoying jerk. On the other hand, I remember some people with reputations as jackasses as very fine people, at least in their dealings with me.

Hu

I was in Vegas in 2003 and was relieving myself in the mens room. I looked to my right and Nick Varner was relieving himself at the next urinal. Not wanting to miss the opportunity, I said, "don't take this the wrong way, but will you sign my ball?" LOL.:eek:

We had a good laugh and he signed my cueball when we were done. LOL.

Hu is right though, we all have bad days or bad moments. The title of this thread could've been "player that are cool". I'm sure someone would add a douche bag story. LMAO

Have a great day!

Ray

I'm making support Smorg avatar badges as long as someone would like one!

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps it would be better to ask what pros were good about it, instead of noting the bad. Sort of like looking for the good in people instead of the bad.

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Great story! Thanks for sharing!

:)

Bigtruck said:
I was in Vegas in 2003 and was relieving myself in the mens room. I looked to my right and Nick Varner was relieving himself at the next urinal. Not wanting to miss the opportunity, I said, "don't take this the wrong way, but will you sign my ball?" LOL.:eek:

We had a good laugh and he signed my cueball when we were done. LOL.

Hu is right though, we all have bad days or bad moments. The title of this thread could've been "player that are cool". I'm sure someone would add a douche bag story. LMAO

Have a great day!

Ray

I'm making support Smorg avatar badges as long as someone would like one!

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people

ShootingArts said:

Hu
Well said Hu! This pretty much can be said of every one I've ever known.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Travis

worldison2 said:
I've always had a problem getting Travis Trotter's autograph.

Do you think you could use your influence to help me out here?
You got it. Email, cell# and bank account access to follow! Discreet pictures at a nominal charge.

Last edited:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
If it's your desire to flame people then just go to a site that encourages that sort of thing. AZ doesn't care for flame threads or the people that start them. You just made the sh!t list of many people on this site and have lost credibility. Tough spot for a relative newcomeer to this site.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most I have met have been pretty decent. I know one guy was great when I met him 25 years ago, but last year was a bit stand offish. So what, he was having a bad day, I have no problem with him. I will still pay to see him play.

Most people here do not like Mike Sigel and, quite frankly, his association with KT has helped him financially but hurt him from a fan's point of view. I still think he is a great guy and have always enjoyed talking with him.

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ShootingArts said:

Hu

You are a wise man, HU!!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly I agree

metallicane said:
Most I have met have been pretty decent. I know one guy was great when I met him 25 years ago, but last year was a bit stand offish. So what, he was having a bad day, I have no problem with him. I will still pay to see him play.

Most people here do not like Mike Sigel and, quite frankly, his association with KT has helped him financially but hurt him from a fan's point of view. I still think he is a great guy and have always enjoyed talking with him.

I do not know or dislike Mike Sigel but the way he behaved during the IPT was a bit much for me. His rather obvious mispronounciation of Efren's name for one and his crowing about how good he is for another. Of course it was fun to watch him play Efren in the final!
I did enjoy that...
Dan

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a show

quedup said:
I do not know or dislike Mike Sigel but the way he behaved during the IPT was a bit much for me. His rather obvious mispronounciation of Efren's name for one and his crowing about how good he is for another. Of course it was fun to watch him play Efren in the final!
I did enjoy that...
Dan

I suspect any impression gained from the on camera Mike Sigel during the IPT is about as real as watching a pro wrestler on TV and forming an opinion of them as a person. "Mike the Mouth" was about promotion. One thing that made me skeptical of the IPT being pool's salvation from very early on was proclaiming Mike the greatest player on earth after beating Lori and rechristening him "Mike the Mouth". Hardly seemed the actions of someone planning to elevate pool in the general public's minds.

Hu

GordonRamsay

Snooker > Pool
Silver Member
...the reason I don't like Mike Sigel...

"blah blah blah... I trained Tom Cruise fort the Color of Money" blah blah blah...

we get it MIKE!!!...and we have got it for a LONG TIME...

PoolsGold

Banned
Deadon said:
Perhaps it would be better to ask what pros were good about it, instead of noting the bad. Sort of like looking for the good in people instead of the bad.

Yeah, wth is the purpose of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.