Anyone know who won between Shane & Corey on the barbox last night?

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Shane & Corey matched up last night at Q-Masters playing 8 ball with some stipulations. Both players had to break hitting the second ball and whatever you make is what you are. They each put up 5K and the race was to 25. I was up there sweating this last night but I had to leave because I had to be at work at 7am this morning for a 12 hour shift. Gotta love it, or not. When I left the score was 12-3 Corey.

I put a 100 dollar sweat bet on Corey and was wondering if anyone knew how it turned out? Maybe they are still playing for all I know. Although I doubt it since Shane said he had a plane to catch early.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey put on the best display of Cueball Mastery I've ever seen in this match. This Kid has Awsome power. He can do whatever He wants whenever He wants to do it.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
EL'nino said:
Corey put on the best display of Cueball Mastery I've ever seen in this match. This Kid has Awsome power. He can do whatever He wants whenever He wants to do it.

I agree... it was awesome how he moved the cueball around with such ease and ran through complicated outs. He made it look ridiculously simple.

I was one of the very few that placed a bet on Corey. I was standing around Corey & Gabe when they were discussing the game. Corey sounded very confident about this game. He knew he could outmove Shane on the barbox.

I was a little concerned because right before I left Corey had a drink spilt all over him. Someone had sat their drink down where Corey had been sitting and Corey went to sit back down right on the drink. I think Shane may have payed someone to do so. Although I have no way of knowing. :grin: But Corey came through and won me the cheddar.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was Shane trying to say when Corey made two high balls & one low ball on the Break, that He didn't have choice at that point?

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
EL'nino said:
What was Shane trying to say when Corey made two high balls & one low ball on the Break, that He didn't have choice at that point?

Shane was trying to say that he had to play high balls since he had made two on the break. But before they started it was agreed they could pick if they make "One of each" and made no mention of any rule regarding that particular situation. I do remember Shane mentioned before they started that they would play BCA rules, but I'm not sure if that was agreed upon. And when Shane was making his case he brought the Barbox championships in Reno, a BCA event now, that they used the rule that Shane was talking about. Shane eventually relented after a pretty heated conversation.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
BTW, this match was filmed by a friend of mine, Mike Basha, and he intends to put this on a new web site he is working on. I'll let you guys know when it becomes available.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
BTW, this match was filmed by a friend of mine, Mike Basha, and he intends to put this on a new web site he is working on. I'll let you guys know when it becomes available.

Excellent. Plz do let us know. Thanks for the thread (I'd green ya but I'm fresh out til my 24 hour sentence expires). I've never played any real bar box and I suspect any "real" players do, at least to some extent. I'm missing out on some tourneys due to my blank spot and I'm sure a match like this would be great instruction.

I saw Shane and Mika at Q Masters last Wednes late afternoon, they were just messin' (best I could tell). Woulda loved to have seen more action there, like this match you got on. Nice sweat bet Roy. :thumbup:

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even with a Soda down His Back I would take Corey over anybody in that Game. I would love to see that Video, can't wait.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I was kicking myself for not betting on CD. Rocky and I were sitting in the bar talking about the game and I told him I liked Corey's chances and that he might be the favorite even though nobody really thought so. He was confident that Corey would play well and had a little of it himself.

Congrats to Corey, he played great and his CB control is unbelievable.

travisw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if shane and corey played first ball break i would take shane all day every day. I realize it was an awsome display by cory showing how he moves, and was a good bet on his part to mandate a second ball break. But id much rather watch a match that there arnt any stipulations to take the best part of ones game out when they are both top players. (jmo)

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Corey played great and got the money. He also matched up better than Shane on that night. I told him after he won that if he wanted to play break from anywhere open table that he could play for $20,000. He didn't say anything.

Corey is one of the best Amercan players at moving his cueball and figuring out how balls are going to move in a certain situation. Add in the fact that he never misses , took away Shanes biggest weapon (the big break) and Shane made a less than 50-50 game. I dont think too many people on this planet could beat Corey that way. The majority of the $5K was Shanes own dough. The kid has heart.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Corey was trying some clever ways to matchup with Shane... One of them was that he'd play Shane getting the last 2 playing 10 ball on the big table if Shane would break behind the 1st diamond. Then Corey was trying to matchup with him someway playing 9 ball and Shane says that he'd play if they put the 9 ball on the spot... and Corey got a little sparkle in his eye and told Gabe he kind of liked that game... then Shane came to his senses and called that game off. Gabe was trying to match up with him playing 1 hole giving 10-8, 9-8 but Shane didn't want to play any 1 hole after losing to Tony the night before playing the same way.

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:
Corey played great and got the money. He also matched up better than Shane on that night. I told him after he won that if he wanted to play break from anywhere open table that he could play for $20,000. He didn't say anything.

Corey is one of the best Amercan players at moving his cueball and figuring out how balls are going to move in a certain situation. Add in the fact that he never misses , took away Shanes biggest weapon (the big break) and Shane made a less than 50-50 game. I dont think too many people on this planet could beat Corey that way. The majority of the $5K was Shanes own dough. The kid has heart.

Good post. I am glad to see Corey back although all the "rules" are getting out of hand.

You can only pass the ball, no running because your running back is so good.
You can only shoot threes because you are too dangerous with the jump shot.
You need to shoot the puck with a wrist shot because your slap shot is too dangerous.

Who dreams up these ridiculous games? Only second ball breaks and you have to take what is made, cmon. I hope they didn't call this 8-ball.

Play the games by the rules that are standardized. If somebody is better, you attempt to throw quirks to get a game?

Truly amazing.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ironically, that is part of the genius of Corey. He thinks different than most other people do. If Corey ever truly figures out his 10 ball break...lookout world. He is a very clever player and absolutely amazing when he WANTS to play.

Gary

Only ERO's said:
Good post. I am glad to see Corey back although all the "rules" are getting out of hand.

You can only pass the ball, no running because your running back is so good.
You can only shoot threes because you are too dangerous with the jump shot.
You need to shoot the puck with a wrist shot because your slap shot is too dangerous.

Who dreams up these ridiculous games? Only second ball breaks and you have to take what is made, cmon. I hope they didn't call this 8-ball.

Play the games by the rules that are standardized. If somebody is better, you attempt to throw quirks to get a game?

Truly amazing.

billiardspro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry i would have to say this to all you corey lovers...But if they play the same race and bet.Play bca rules and shane can break from wherever he wants corey gets destroyed.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Me crazy but I don't care how they play (break this way.....don't break that way)...... 8Ball Barbox I'll take Corey over anybody, His knowledge & control alone will overcome anything.

Last edited: